What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

fish eel

Immortal
I only saw S.O.O. 1, but gee Finch played well.

He is a competitive and feisty bastard, not as dreadful as people make out and still has his best footy ahead of him. He wouldnt be high on my priority list....but I'd give him a go.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yeah, but you'd appreciate how Finch can hit his targets spot on, on the heads.

But seriously, if you watch it, you might think differently about Finch.

For mine, he is hot and cold. Could play an 8/10 1 week, then followed by a 4/10.

Morris at least plays a constant 7 with the occasional 6 and 8.

The Colonel

Immortal
How many were happy when Brian Smith signed Jason Taylor? Must say I wasn't very happy at all - couldn't understand why with PJ coming through we needed a halfback but in the end it proved out to be a pretty good pick up. I'm not saying that Finch will turn out like Taylor but given the opportunity to impress he could exceed expectations. A change of coach could well lead to an attitude change - I don't have that fooresight and I'm not sure a lot of others do either.

The expectations aren't exactly high so anything he does over and above would be good.

Freak2

Juniors
Let's get fair dinkum!

How many times before have we rubbished supposed signings and when they come over they turn out to be fantastic for the club!

Let's start with Fui Fui, Wade McKinnon, Michael Beuttner, Jason Taylor, Paul Stringer just to name a few. All have been much better for the club than some of our so called "better signings" Adam Dykes / Aaron Cannings in recent times.

The one thing that you cannot take away from Finch is that he plays with his heart on his sleeve, and if he shows that determination and commitment for the Blue & Gold then I will support him to the hill!

If he comes; Let's give him a chance - He may very well surpise you!!

mickdo

Coach
Yes, but by that reasoning, the more we rubbish him, the better he will be... so let's all keep rubbishing him! :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
the bloke, despite what you all think is actually a good footballer playing in an environment that obviously isn't suiting him at the moment, but the incredible thing about it, is that same environment isn't exactly suiting Anasta, Harrison, Wing, Cross and Roberts who are all great footballers in their own right.

He may or may not find his niche at our club but I tell you one thing it won't harm us to try.

strider

Post Whore
forward pass said:
At least finch knows how to kick a field goal !!
actually even finch himself said after he kicked that goal that he hasn't kicked many and that he had been kicking them badly in training :lol: :lol:

Hurriflatch

Referee
Colonel: Yes JT was a good signing but his signing was at least part of the reason why Marsh ended up leaving by no means the entire reason or even the main reason but it was a definate factor.

Signing Finch might work well for a year but it could also see the likes of Green and MAteo leave

Freak2

Juniors
strider said:
actually even finch himself said after he kicked that goal that he hasn't kicked many and that he had been kicking them badly in training :lol: :lol:

Which for mine adds even more admiration!! He still had the balls to step up and be a match winner!!

As I said he plays with his heart on his sleeve.

Sometimes this can be cancer and other times it can be pure magic!!

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Well he isn't coming, so we should just give the bloke that is a chance.....

I have already stated that as soon as he pulls on a Parra jersey, he will have my full support.

Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it though.

Suity

yy_cheng

Coach
Freak2 said:
Let's get fair dinkum!

How many times before have we rubbished supposed signings and when they come over they turn out to be fantastic for the club!

Let's start with Fui Fui, Wade McKinnon, Michael Beuttner, Jason Taylor, Paul Stringer just to name a few. All have been much better for the club than some of our so called "better signings" Adam Dykes / Aaron Cannings in recent times.

The one thing that you cannot take away from Finch is that he plays with his heart on his sleeve, and if he shows that determination and commitment for the Blue & Gold then I will support him to the hill!

If he comes; Let's give him a chance - He may very well surpise you!!

Then why go after any big signing at all. Just get all the nuffies and work on them.

I really would like to know how much we offerred these guys :

Fui Fui, Wade McKinnon, Michael Beuttner, Jason Taylor, Paul Stringer

would they have initially been on what Finch is on at the Roosters (assuming we have to buy his contract out in full)?

Look, paying next to nothing for a no-name or a player is on the outer/down in form is fine.

But paying big money (I am guessing he wouldn't be cheap) brings concern.

The Colonel

Immortal
Hurriflatch said:
Colonel: Yes JT was a good signing but his signing was at least part of the reason why Marsh ended up leaving by no means the entire reason or even the main reason but it was a definate factor.

Signing Finch might work well for a year but it could also see the likes of Green and MAteo leave

The reason Marsh left was they spent too much time worrying about JT and what he was doing the next season and didn't bother to tell PJ he was in the plans for next season. By then it was too late.

Green and Mateo may leave, they may stay and they may play like a busted. They could force Finch into Premier League and the problem may not be an issue. Does your crystal ball tell you how they'll go?