What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

dazeely

First Grade
hineyrulz said:
:lol: :lol: do you think that will enough grog to make the pain of finch go away

no but once I get through my wine collection things might get better. Probably will be in an alcoholic induced coma and won't wake up until 2008 when he has left the club.

rempe2.jpg

Hurriflatch

Referee
No wonder you drink so much

- You're a QLDer
- Finch is coming to the club
and you're a QLDer

I almost pity you

hineyrulz

Post Whore
dazeely said:
no but once I get through my wine collection things might get better. Probably will be in an alcoholic induced coma and won't wake up until 2008 when he has left the club.

rempe2.jpg
bingo you may have enough there :lol: but then again it is finch :roll:

dazeely

First Grade
You got me thinking. Maybe I will need a beer or two. It just so happens I have a few left from the weekend. Should be right after that.

DSC07949.jpg

dazeely

First Grade
Hurriflatch said:
No wonder you drink so much

- You're a QLDer
- Finch is coming to the club
and you're a QLDer

I almost pity you

A very happy Qlder btw hurri. Afterall we did kick ass in the origin. No need to pity us up here in the lucky state.

QUEENSLANDER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hurriflatch

Referee
Only reason you won is because of

B.Finch - In game 2
B.Ansata - In all games
M.Gasnier - when played as 5/8

and the stupid selectors for stuipidly selecting these stupid players

hineyrulz

Post Whore
dazeely said:
You got me thinking. Maybe I will need a beer or two. It just so happens I have a few left from the weekend. Should be right after that.

DSC07949.jpg
:lol: that should be enough,beers all round lets make a toast to finchy :crazy:

xr62nv

Juniors
there was a news report earlier saying that finch would be heading north to brisbane .. so im not as sure that finch may be coming at all ..

Stagger eel

Staff member
xr62nv said:
there was a news report earlier saying that finch would be heading north to brisbane .. so im not as sure that finch may be coming at all ..

and about 6 clubs are after him...so he may not be here after all as we don't like to get into bidding wars for players.

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
and about 6 clubs are after him...so he may not be here after all as we don't like to get into bidding wars for players.
Why would 6 clubs be chasing a guy 95% of parra fans rate a merkin? :lol: :lol:

eels1986

Juniors
Interesting to think some people think $180,000 is paying over the top for Finch! Well Michael witt was on $200,000 playing reserve grade for Manly and he has just signed to become a Warrior. I quite like the idea of Finch and Smith in the halves and will be quite happy to come on next year and admit I was wrong if it doesn't work out. He has a good kicking game, can run the ball and good short passing game. Yes he sooks a bit (maybe alot) but that does mean he is trying which is what some people have accussed our team of not doing at the early part of the year. If he sign good if he doesn't then maybe young Blake will get teh opportunity to show us what he has and he will have to prove himself.

xr62nv

Juniors
eelavation said:

well if he does chose to play for us .. means he wants a change in playing style .. with moving to 5/8

i'd say the other teams besides parra and brisbane would be .. nth queensland, titans (withdrew bid for myles possibly for finch) , panthers .. and maybe souths

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/e...ests-the-market/2006/07/18/1153166382727.html

Eels in pole position as Finch tests the market

Glenn Jackson
July 19, 2006

BRETT Finch's impending move to Parramatta was a step closer last night after his manager and the Roosters confirmed the halfback was on the market.

The Herald yesterday revealed Finch was set to move to the Eels next season amid growing speculation surrounding his future.

The 24-year-old's manager, Steve Gillis, yesterday confirmed his client had joined the player market. "The club has given him permission to look about on the proviso he gets back to them with any offers," Gillis told AAP.

Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan said Finch was given permission to negotiate with other clubs on Monday.

"The manager, on behalf of the player, requested the player enter negotiations, and that was given," Canavan said. "The manager must come back to us, of course. We're just allowing him to investigate. Brett's on our player list next year. He may well be with us, but he might not be."

The Eels are expected to come up with the funds to sign Finch.

Cronulla, meanwhile, will "cop on the chin" a $10,000 fine yesterday issued to the club for fielding an unregistered player.

The NRL's breach notice was for failing to register new signing Leon Bott before his first appearance for the Sharks last Sunday against the Roosters. Bott, who signed earlier this month from Brisbane, was registered with the NSWRL, but not the NRL.

"The bottom line is, there was a misunderstanding," Sharks chief executive Greg Pierce said. "He was a last training session inclusion. It's just one of those things. But we've got procedures in place to ensure it doesn't happen again."

Half the fine will be suspended subject to no further breaches of a similar nature within a 12-month period.

In team news, Cowboys coach Graham Murray has again wielded the axe. With the Cowboys in danger of dropping out of the eight should they lose to Brisbane this Saturday, Murray has dropped Ty Williams, Ray Cashmere, Brent McConnell and Mitchell Sargent.

He recalled Josh Hannay, Paul Bowman, David Faiumu, Gavin Cooper and Robert Tanielu, naming Bowman at lock, skipper Travis Norton at five-eighth and Johnathan Thurston at halfback.

St George Illawarra have lost Mark Gasnier to a calf injury for Sunday's game against the Raiders in Canberra. Coach Nathan Brown has been forced to reshuffle his back line after centre Daryl Millard (punctured lung) was also ruled out through injury. Trent Barrett returns from suspension at five-eighth.

Tigers coach Tim Sheens has named NSW Origin fullback Brett Hodgson at five-eighth.

Penrith coach John Lang said he was confident halfback Craig Gower (hamstring) would play against Manly on Sunday after naming him.

The Warriors yesterday signed Manly five-eighth Michael Witt for next season, at the same time re-signing rookies Patrick Ah Van and Sam Rapira to new three-year contracts.

Gold Coast have signed Bulldog Daniel Conn for three seasons. But the Titans have pulled out of the race for his teammate Nate Myles, who is expected to announce today he is joining the Roosters.

:crazy:

jayman

Juniors
after the lyon saga...

ill believe it when i see him run out on the pitch in 07...

then ill be running after him with a shovel...

bartman

Immortal
I agree with Eels1986. As long as we don't get held to ransom in a bidding war and end up paying more than the club intends, then Finch would be handy to have around. He and Tim can share the two halves roles, we'll still have PJ Jfrom the bench if needed there, and Blake Green can start being blooded next year.

If worse comes to worse, Finch reverts to PL and Blake takes over a FG role if he's good enough. I just think we need to sign one extra experienced player for the halves next year, and given there's not much available Finch can fit that bill.

cardinal

Juniors
I hope the rumours of finch signing with the eels is true, because guess what there is not much else out there. Finch plays with passion has won a grand final played 2 soo. He has a good kicking game and can bark orders at teamates somthing tim still needs to work on. His form has dropped since freddy retired but so has all the roosters braith and harrison are not setting the world on fire. Finch has a will to win and his level headed reaction after winning the soo for nsw shows he is maturing, sure talent wise lyon might have been a better option but if finch gets out there and performs well and shows he will bleed for the blue and gold I'd rather that than a wanker who doesnt want to play for us. Tim will be able to run the show and finch will be able to play off the cuff which will suit him. It is easy to sit back and winge about not signing anyone and letting players go but it is a buisness these days and is hard to compete in the market place. If finch comes to parra I will reserve the right to criticise him when and if his form or atitude deserve it untill then i will support him 100 % if he decides to become an eel.

Gronk

Staff member
Eels in pole position as Finch tests the market

Glenn Jackson
July 19, 2006

BRETT Finch's impending move to Parramatta was a step closer last night after his manager and the Roosters confirmed the halfback was on the market.

The Herald yesterday revealed Finch was set to move to the Eels next season amid growing speculation surrounding his future.

The 24-year-old's manager, Steve Gillis, yesterday confirmed his client had joined the player market. "The club has given him permission to look about on the proviso he gets back to them with any offers," Gillis told AAP.

Roosters chief executive Brian Canavan said Finch was given permission to negotiate with other clubs on Monday.

"The manager, on behalf of the player, requested the player enter negotiations, and that was given," Canavan said. "The manager must come back to us, of course. We're just allowing him to investigate. Brett's on our player list next year. He may well be with us, but he might not be."

The Eels are expected to come up with the funds to sign Finch.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/league/e...ests-the-market/2006/07/18/1153166382727.html