What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
I hope where ever he goes he has a successful carrer!!!!
I put myself in his shoes, and think of how i would feel being treated the same way and ill feel gutted!

Hope if he does come here...we treat him with respect and give him a fair go (which dosent mean 1 game)

Utey

Coach
Prodigal Eel said:
I hope where ever he goes he has a successful carrer!!!!
I put myself in his shoes, and think of how i would feel being treated the same way and ill feel gutted!

Hope if he does come here...we treat him with respect and give him a fair go (which dosent mean 1 game)
also well said!

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Open your eyes Eela, Finch is the worst half in the NRL. He does NOTHING right and then blames his team mates for it, I don't want to see that happening here.

You can read him like a book, 5th tackle play inside the opponents 50 is a bomb, in his own half it's a long kick. That's all he does, his running game is poor and his passing is equal to it. He offers nothing, he is a solid defender and that's about as much praise as I have for him. But for that solid defence, we also gain a sook, untalented hack who has brought shame on the Roosters a few times and there's no reason he won't do that here.

If he signs, so be it there's nothing any of us can do. He better perform though, or I'm sure there'll be a few people putting their hands up to take over the "FOFF" from the Roosters fans.

lucablight

First Grade
Eelavation is right! We're all whinging for nothing because we enjoy it not because there's any valid reason behind it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
Open your eyes Eela, Finch is the worst half in the NRL. He does NOTHING right and then blames his team mates for it, I don't want to see that happening here.

You can read him like a book, 5th tackle play inside the opponents 50 is a bomb, in his own half it's a long kick. That's all he does, his running game is poor and his passing is equal to it. He offers nothing, he is a solid defender and that's about as much praise as I have for him. But for that solid defence, we also gain a sook, untalented hack who has brought shame on the Roosters a few times and there's no reason he won't do that here.

If he signs, so be it there's nothing any of us can do. He better perform though, or I'm sure there'll be a few people putting their hands up to take over the "FOFF" from the Roosters fans.

well you obviously predicted that Dykes would be the worst five-eight in 2002, a season after he won Dally M five-eight of the year..

personally, I'll reserve my judgement under a different club with a different regime.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
He's failed at two very different clubs, and both of those clubs' fans hate him, I thought that was enough to judge him on.

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
well you obviously predicted that Dykes would be the worst five-eight in 2002, a season after he won Dally M five-eight of the year..

personally, I'll reserve my judgement under a different club with a different regime.

I predict Chad Robinson will be the Dally M player of 2007 because obviously everything you have done in the past has no basis upon which to make your predictions.

Stagger eel

Staff member
ParraDude_Jay said:
He's failed at two very different clubs, and both of those clubs' fans hate him, I thought that was enough to judge him on.

he was a star at Canberra you only had to remember the reaction of Canberra fans when he left the club,

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
I predict Chad Robinson will be the Dally M player of 2007 because obviously everything you have done in the past has no basis upon which to make your predictions.

you're the one predicting he's going to be a flop for us next year if he signs. not me.

strider

Post Whore
ParraDude_Jay said:
well fans have generally hated him cos of his emotion, not so much his playing ability .... i'm not keen for him to come, but it won't die if he does

lucablight

First Grade
eelavation said:
you're the one predicting he's going to be a flop for us next year if he signs. not me.

Why do some players earn higher salaries than others? Why do some players get to play origin and for Australia while others don't? Spectators, Clubs and selectors all make their judgments based on what they've seen a certain player do. Using your logic why don't we just start signing random players without reason because we'll never know how they'll go anyway.

Stagger eel

Staff member
lucablight said:
Why do some players earn higher salaries than others? Why do some players get to play origin and for Australia while others don't? Spectators, Clubs and selectors all make their judgments based on what they've seen a certain player do. Using your logic why don't we just start signing random players without reason because we'll never know how they'll go anyway.

so what are you saying..are you questioning the judgement of those who know the game better than you and I???...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eelavation said:
he was a star at Canberra you only had to remember the reaction of Canberra fans when he left the club,

they booed him off the field if I recall correctly... compare that to the reception Wiki got when he did almost the same thing

Suitman

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
Meh. As long as he doesn't get the 7 jersey I'll be happy.

I'll be happy if he has the number of the half back in Premier League.

This is a very disappointing development of our recruiting campaign.

In saying that, if he comes, I'll cheer him, 'cause that's what Eels fans do, right?

Suity