What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finch

Parraren

Bench
C'mon Eela, tell us what you know. Is he signed? Close to signing? Will he bring some mates with him (wing)?

Hurriflatch

Referee
but most people were happy when we signed Dykes and McFadden.

Finch isn't a terrible player but he just doesn't fit in the side

He is a halfback not a 5/8 he doesn't have a strong enough running game considering he'll be partnering Timmy in the halves.

I'm annoyed not so much because of it's Brett Finch but the type of player Finch is.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
At least we will know that he will save his best performances against the roosters next year!!!

Some of you need to take a chill pill! Finch is a good player if he dosent have to run the show, and if he was to come to parra....Smith will be calling the shots!
People like Sterling and Gould all rate Finch because they know what the kid can do under the right conditions....and at the roosters, sticky has not provided this.
Him coming to Parra and with Hagan as coach might be what he just needs!

Oh and all of you say his a whinger etc.....have you ever asked why this is!!! Its because he has pride in his jersy....something i invite more into our club....we need to bring a culture into the club like we once had.

mickdo

Coach
Well, if he does come it would be for next to nothing, and the Roosters would have to pay out the remainder on their cap anyway. Hope he likes PL.

i know i'm clutching at straws here but i heard a listener ask raaaay the same question and he said the mail was that finch is going to the titans let's hope his rumour mill is right this time

Parraren

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
but most people were happy when we signed Dykes and McFadden.

Finch isn't a terrible player but he just doesn't fit in the side

He is a halfback not a 5/8 he doesn't have a strong enough running game considering he'll be partnering Timmy in the halves.

I'm annoyed not so much because of it's Brett Finch but the type of player Finch is.

Unless Hagan is thinking of using him at hooker? He actually played very well at hooker this year for the Roosters beleive it or not.

6. Marsh
7. Smith

9. Finch/Riddell

14. Riddell/Finch

Stagger eel

Staff member
Parraren said:
C'mon Eela, tell us what you know. Is he signed? Close to signing? Will he bring some mates with him (wing)?

I believe we're talking to him..that's all i know.

cirque

Juniors
Fist of all - it is too early to say whether Finch will be on for us. If he is I am happy. I have no qalms about it. if he is replacing Morris I am happy. Last night Morris wasnt that great. I think we need fresh people with different midset. Finch has potential and he is hot headed - but I guess it comes with experience. If Hagan can utilise him - we will do good.

Suitman

Post Whore
He just got dragged from the field by Stuart for throwing a pass over the sideline with the game in the balance.

Frankly, I think he is sh*t.

Suity

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
some of you would say that Finch is the biggest whinger in the game?
He is, and was voted so in RLW by both his peers and fans alike.

eelavation said:
if that's so where does that put most Parramatta supporters in the scheme of things.
Maybe so, but that still doesn't excuse Finch's poor sportsmanship.

I don't like Johns for his bad sportsmanship and have clearly stated so, so just because Finch pull's on a blue & gold jumper doesn't mean I'm going to be a hypocrite and get all warm and fuzzy about him ffs.

Stagger eel

Staff member
CrazyEel said:
He is, and was voted so in RLW by both his peers and fans alike.

Maybe so, but that still doesn't excuse Finch's poor sportsmanship.

I don't like Johns for his bad sportsmanship and have clearly stated so, so just because Finch pull's on a blue & gold jumper doesn't mean I'm going to be a hypocrite and get all warm and fuzzy about him ffs.

RLW????...please :roll: ..is that from the same mob who voted Brian Smith as the coach the no player wants to play under and he still attracted players to the club.

and who says you must be warm and fuzzy about him????...there's a bit of difference between being warm and fuzzy and abusing the bloke for purely wearing our jersey.

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
RLW????...please :roll: ..is that from the same mob who voted Brian Smith as the coach the no player wants to play under and he still attracted players to the club.
Regardless, it is still the only poll of both players and fans and results are what they are whether you think their accurate or not.

eelavation said:
and who says you must be warm and fuzzy about him????...there's a bit of difference between being warm and fuzzy and abusing the bloke for purely wearing our jersey.
I haven't abused him, I said I didn't want him for the reasons outlined in my last post, and that's my opinion. You have yours and that's cool, I won't abuse you for not agreeing with me :sarcasm: :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
that's fine CE!!

unfortinately for you, you may need to get used to him...I'm sure you'll get over it if he does sign.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Now its all starting to make sense why we got rid of all the players we let go.

To free up some money to sign Finchy.

Master stroke that.

I'll be very surprised if there isn't at least a dozen clubs in a bidding frenzy trying to secure the great man.

CrazyEel

Bench
eelavation said:
that's fine CE!!

unfortinately for you, you may need to get used to him...I'm sure you'll get over it if he does sign.
Of course I will, and I'll still cheer him on, doesn't mean I won't think he's a bloody whinger though :oops: :lol:

Latest posts