What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finucane suspension

It only looks like a head collision, they should pull all other head collisions and present them with no one charged.
If they don't get him off comment should be we will be telling our players to shoulder charge as it's only a fine.
Yeoh where is the charge on him, if that would have been Ramien on Cleary, guessing either 8 point try or sin bin

What part is reckless? rushing out of the line? You can't suspend someone for moving up too quick!
Here is some thoughts from my imagination as a vicarious footbrawl fan, who never did it and never could .

He was obviously looking to get off the line quick ,shut down the play quick ,in ball and all tackle.
Hes arrived at the tackle site travelling at a rate of knots making adjustments difficult even impossible.
finding the opponent slightly lower than ideal, and your head on a collision course with his, would the natural self preservation instinct be to raise your arm and protect your own head with your forearm and elbow ? He didnt. He also didnt aggressively raise his head in a headbutt. It was more like he couldnt pulled out of the tackle and only action of self preservation he could take could have made it worse for the opponent. So he didnt .I cant imagine him deliberately doing a kamikaze type , face to face, full speed tackle. If judiciary honestly think he did, they need to get him treated for mental health issues before letting him play again.

Frailty

First Grade
I'm pleasantly surprised they've actually grown some balls and are challenging.

No one can convince me that Storm, Roosters, Panthers, etc. don't get less or lower charges from the Match Review Committee because they're more inclined to challenge the charges. There's no other explanation for how many fines NAS or Kikau end up with.

They need to get rid of the fines, grade 1 is 1 game and so on.
The fines are what clouds it all, it really does seem which club it is.
I am not a Rapana fan, but he is at top of list with judiciary never a fine just a suspension, some others just a fine.
I will quiet happy see our player suspended on grade 1 charge, knowing that there is no fine involved

dellul

Juniors
Contact to the head from a defenders head should be penalised. But that's not the rules at the moment , the rules can't change and player shouldn't be cited after a incident has happened.

Frenzy.

Immortal
They need to get rid of the fines, grade 1 is 1 game and so on.
The fines are what clouds it all, it really does seem which club it is.
I am not a Rapana fan, but he is at top of list with judiciary never a fine just a suspension, some others just a fine.
I will quiet happy see our player suspended on grade 1 charge, knowing that there is no fine involved

Rather than have said player available for a semi or grand final. Of course you take a fine over a suspension

Good thinking again you dumb squid

Generalzod

Immortal
I'm pleasantly surprised they've actually grown some balls and are challenging.

No one can convince me that Storm, Roosters, Panthers, etc. don't get less or lower charges from the Match Review Committee because they're more inclined to challenge the charges. There's no other explanation for how many fines NAS or Kikau end up with.
Well life is full suprises...

Eion

First Grade
Rather than have said player available for a semi or grand final. Of course you take a fine over a suspension

Good thinking again you dumb squid
If they just assigned higher points to semis / gfs, they could avoid this same discussion every year.

dannyt

Coach
The only problem are the pictures showing Finucane rushing up like a mad-man, colliding with Crighton, Crighton on the ground, and then Crighton with half an ear missing. It looks bad, and the judiciary may take the view that perception is more important than what actually happened.

Tiger Shark

Bench
The only problem are the pictures showing Finucane rushing up like a mad-man, colliding with Crighton, Crighton on the ground, and then Crighton with half an ear missing. It looks bad, and the judiciary may take the view that perception is more important than what actually happened.
So basically ignore the rules and the precedent set from every other head clash because of the outcome.

So no split ear and no concussion then all good?

yeah that makes sense

Generalzod

Immortal
So when was going in hard a crime in NRL, it wasn't any different to Graham hit on Burgess in the grand Final.

Eion

First Grade
You’re right, that’s exactly how the nrl has managed things historically. It was worse under greenburg. Still bad now.

dannyt

Coach
So basically ignore the rules and the precedent set from every other head clash because of the outcome.

So no split ear and no concussion then all good?

yeah that makes sense
So when was going in hard a crime in NRL, it wasn't any different to Graham hit on Burgess in the grand Final.
You guys are shooting the messenger. Personally, I didn't think there was anything in the tackle that warranted a penalty, let alone a suspension. However, up until the cows and the WT game yesterday, there was a lot of vision showing the Finucane incident in the sequence I described. It would not be the first time that the judiciary caved in to pressure in an ordinary club game, especially when one of the NRL's darling teams are involved. Just ask Rava about his suspension from ANZAC Day last year, when Olam does exactly the same tackle and everyone applauds.