What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First coach sacked 2024

1. Demetriou - The next month is crucial for him with Warriors, Sharks, Storm & Panthers next. They could potentially lose all 4 games and be 1-7. That would make it pretty hard for Souths to make top 4 and I’m sure that was the minimum target set for him at the start of the year. Wouldn’t surprise to see him sacked mid season if it has become obvious he’s lost the dressing room.

2. Brad Arthur - Similar to Demetriou the bar would’ve been set at top 4 minimum. Currently 2-2 and now without Moses for an extended period of time. Attack looked blunt after the 1st week without Moses. A bad 4 to 6 weeks without him could be a death notice for Brad. I doubt he would be sacked mid season though.

3. Des Hasler - At least the Titans could score points in previous seasons even if they let a lot in. Now they don’t do anything good. The only question is can the Titans afford to sack Hasler this early in his contract? That’s probably what saves him this season I’d say. But Titans management would be already thinking WTF???

First one gone from my list.

Not looking good for my second choice either.

Des seems to finally have gotten a reaction from his players for now.

MugaB

Coach

3. Winning solves everything,
And they almost had a win the week before vs manly, it was coming
2. Brad Arthur's probably safe, remember he is playing without his star half, eels need a few wins and he'll be back in the saddle
.. my money is on AOB, pongas run late last year, just covered up their inconsistencies, it's showing this year, and now pongas gone, AOB won't be around much longer I'm predicting

3. Winning solves everything,
And they almost had a win the week before vs manly, it was coming
2. Brad Arthur's probably safe, remember he is playing without his star half, eels need a few wins and he'll be back in the saddle
.. my money is on AOB, pongas run late last year, just covered up their inconsistencies, it's showing this year, and now pongas gone, AOB won't be around much longer I'm predicting
Yeah AOB probably moves into position 3 on my list now.

MugaB

Coach
Yeah AOB probably moves into position 3 on my list now.
So is there a revolving door of top3 next picks of sacked coaches..... coz AOB has been on mine since he started at the knights, and Trent Robinson is numerous uno for lack of coaching skills for stacked rosters

txta2

Bench
Surprised jd wasn't top of the list seeing as Souths had the worst capitulation of any team in NRL history last year

JamesRustle

First Grade

Parra will probably sack one of either the assistant coach or defensive coach to look like they are doing something. Attacking coach will get the same "not accountable" pass as BA since Moses is out... really though, what sort of head coach shouldn't be accountable for having a team so finely tuned around one player, rather than developing a team..

So is there a revolving door of top3 next picks of sacked coaches..... coz AOB has been on mine since he started at the knights, and Trent Robinson is numerous uno for lack of coaching skills for stacked rosters
Oh yeah extremely overrated Karen Robinson.

His record against top 4 sides since Cronk left the Club is abysmal. This is with a stacked roster and unlimited resources.

He’s a real arrogant prick but his time will come.

Parra will probably sack one of either the assistant coach or defensive coach to look like they are doing something. Attacking coach will get the same "not accountable" pass as BA since Moses is out... really though, what sort of head coach shouldn't be accountable for having a team so finely tuned around one player, rather than developing a team..
The thing with BA that I don’t like is his inability to bring through a good core of juniors into First Grade.

He’s got one of the biggest junior bases in the league.

Yet you look at the team and most of them are imports.

I would lose faith with him on that fact alone after 10 years at the joint.

Latest posts