What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Roster: Gains & Losses

One Warrior

Bench
Sorry I've been out of the country, updated squad list below:

Current Squad/year contract expires:

Marata Niukore 2026
Selumiela Halesina 2026 (Development 2024 & 25, NRL 2026)
Jacob Laban 2026
Rocco Berry 2026
Zyon Maiuu 2026
Freddy Lussick 2026
Luke Metcalf 2026
Bunty Afoa 2025
Tom Ale 2025
Edward Kosi 2025
Marcelo Montoya 2025
Demitric Sifakula 2025
Wayde Egan 2025
Ali Leiataua 2025
Adam Pompey 2025
Dylan Walker 2025
Mitchell Barnett 2025
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2025
Te Maire Martin 2025
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 2025
Taine Tuaupiki 2025
Tohu Harris 2025
Jackson Ford 2025
Addin Fonua-Blake 2024
Jazz Tevaga 2024
Shaun Johnson 2024
Tanner Stowers-Smith 2024 (Development)
Sanele Aukusitino 2024 (Development)
Patrick Moimoi 2024 (Development)
Equate f**kof**ka 2024 (Development) (Note asterixes put in by website when I saved, not put in by me)
Ben Farr 2024 (Development)

Gains for 2024

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2026 (Auckland Blues, NZ Rugby)
Chanel Harris-Tavita 2025 (Sabbatical)
Kurt Capewell 2026 (Brisbane Broncos)

Losses for 2024

Viliami Vailea (North Queensland Cowboys)
Bailey Sironen (Catalan Dragons)
Valingi Kepu
Braydon Wiliame (Retirement)
Josh Curran (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Ronald Volkman (St George Dragons)

Gains for 2025

James Fisher-Harris 2028 (Penrith Panthers)

Losses for 2025

Addin Fonua-Blake (Cronulla Sharks)

As always anybody who has any further info, please advise, thanks.

Last edited:

One Warrior

Bench
James Fisher-Harris signs for the club, what a signing, I know there is a separate thread, but definitely deserves to be posted in the signings thread too:

Fisher-Harris signs from 2025​

AuthorRichard Becht & photosport.nzTimestampWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:23 pm

Share on social media​

Kiwi captain and powerhouse Penrith prop James Fisher-Harris has signed a four-year deal to join the One New Zealand Warriors from next season.
The 28-year-old Northlander has reached agreement with Penrith to be released from the last two seasons of his contract on compassionate grounds so he can move back to New Zealand to be closer to his family.

A 183-game NRL veteran, Fisher-Harris has been at the forefront of Penrith’s run of three consecutive premiership wins in 2021, 2022 and 2023 while he also played in the 2020 grand final.
He led the Kiwis to a record 30-0 win over the Kangaroos in the Pacific Championships final last year culminating in him winning the Golden Boot player of the year award along with the New Zealand Rugby League’s player of the year accolade.
“We’re absolutely delighted to be able to sign James,” said One New Zealand Warriors CEO Cameron George.
james-fisher-harris-1d.jpg

“It’s a huge signing for us, undoubtedly one of the biggest in our club’s history.
“To be able to add a player of his calibre and standing to our squad is a tremendous boost for 2025 and beyond. He’s such a highly-respected player and leader.”
One New Zealand Warriors head coach Andrew Webster and Fisher-Harris will be reunited after working together when Webster was an assistant coach at Penrith for the grand final-winning seasons in 2021 and 2022.
He’s one of the game’s elite players, a super tough forward who sets and demands the highest standards
Andrew Webster One New Zealand Warriors head coach
“It’s going to be fantastic having James with us. He’s one of the game’s elite players, a super tough forward who sets and demands the highest standards,” said Webster.
“I loved working with him at the Panthers and we really look forward to bringing him into our system from next season. He’ll add terrific value to our roster, to the club overall and he’ll also be invaluable as a mentor for our young players coming through.”
Fisher-Harris, born in Kohukohu in the Far North, made his NRL debut with Penrith in 2016 followed by his Kiwi Test debut later the same year. Rising to become Kiwi captain last year, he has played a total of 15 Tests. He has also captained the Māori All Stars.

“James has such standing in the game. He’s a player with real mana who commands respect on and off the field,” said One New Zealand Warriors general manager recruitment, pathways and development Andrew McFadden.

JAMES FISHER-HARRIS​

Born: January 5, 1996
Birthplace: Kohukohu, NZ
Junior club: Whangarei Marist Brothers
Position: Prop
Height: 187cm
Weight: 103kg
Current club: Penrith (2016-2024)
First grade debut: Penrith v Canberra, GIO Stadium, March 5, 2016 (Rd 1)
NRL appearances: 183 (2016-2024)
NRL points: 48 (12 tries)
Representative: 15 Tests for Kiwis (2016-2023), Māori All Stars (2019, 2021, 2022, 2023)

One Warrior

Bench
A Cleary returns to the Warriors, Jett Cleary signs through to end of 2027:

Warriors secure Jett Cleary​

AuthorRichard Bechtwarriors.kiwiTimestampWed 24 Apr 2024, 01:00 pm

Share on social media​

The Cleary name is returning to the One New Zealand Warriors with confirmation Penrith Panthers halfback Jett Cleary has signed a three-year contract with the club from next season.
The 19-year-old brings impressive pedigree as the son of former Warriors and current three-time premiership-winning Penrith coach Ivan and brother of Panthers, New South Wales and Kangaroos halfback Nathan (26).

The youngest Cleary has forged his own path through the famous rugby league nursery St Dominic’s College in Penrith and the Panthers’ development teams in the Harold Matthews Cup (under-17) and the SG Ball Cup (under-19).
His signing comes just a week after the One New Zealand Warriors and Penrith combined to pave the way for Kiwi captain James Fisher-Harris to return home to join the Warriors from next season.
“It’s an exciting time for us to be able to bring a player of Jett’s quality into our pathways system from next season,” said One New Zealand Warriors CEO Cameron George.
The Cleary family has the strongest links with our club through Ivan’s time with us and it’s a special thrill to sign Jett and have the Cleary name back with us.
Cameron GeorgeOne New Zealand Warriors CEO
“The Cleary family has the strongest links with our club through Ivan’s time with us and it’s a special thrill to sign Jett and have the Cleary name back with us.
“We’re again truly grateful for the cooperation from Penrith and Ivan in helping to make this possible.”

Cleary played for the Panthers at Harold Matthews Cup level in 2021 and 2022 before going up to the SG Ball Cup last year and again this season.
“Jett has a big future in front of him and we’re excited to give him the chance to develop in our system,” said One New Zealand Warriors general manager recruitment, pathways and development Andrew McFadden.

“While he was only young when he left New Zealand to go back to Australia, Jett has the benefit of strong family ties with the club and with Auckland as well.
‘He brings wonderful pedigree with him as well as a great understanding of the game after coming through Penrith’s fantastic pathways.”
Jett Cleary was born in Auckland on April 2, 2005, just as Ivan was beginning his role as an assistant coach with the One New Zealand Warriors before becoming head coach in 2006.

As well as playing for Penrith’s Harold Matthews and SG Ball teams, Cleary also represented the New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges at the national schoolboys championships last year.

JETT CLEARY​

Born: April 2, 2005
Birthplace: Auckland, NZ
Junior club: Brothers Penrith, St Dominic’s College
Position: Halfback
Height: 182cm
Weight: 81kg
Current club: Penrith
SG Ball Cup: 8 appearances (2023-2024)
Harold Matthews Cup: 5 appearances (2021-2022)
Representative: New South Wales Combined Catholic Colleges (2023)

One Warrior

Bench
Current Squad/year contract expires:

Marata Niukore 2026
Selumiela Halesina 2026 (Development 2024 & 25, NRL 2026)
Jacob Laban 2026
Rocco Berry 2026
Zyon Maiuu 2026
Freddy Lussick 2026
Luke Metcalf 2026
Bunty Afoa 2025
Tom Ale 2025
Edward Kosi 2025
Marcelo Montoya 2025
Demitric Sifakula 2025
Wayde Egan 2025
Ali Leiataua 2025
Adam Pompey 2025
Dylan Walker 2025
Mitchell Barnett 2025
Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad 2025
Te Maire Martin 2025
Dallin Watene-Zelezniak 2025
Taine Tuaupiki 2025
Tohu Harris 2025
Jackson Ford 2025
Addin Fonua-Blake 2024
Jazz Tevaga 2024
Shaun Johnson 2024
Tanner Stowers-Smith 2024 (Development)
Sanele Aukusitino 2024 (Development)
Patrick Moimoi 2024 (Development)
Equate f**kof**ka 2024 (Development) (Note asterixes put in by website when I saved, not put in by me)
Ben Farr 2024 (Development)

Gains for 2024

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck 2026 (Auckland Blues, NZ Rugby)
Chanel Harris-Tavita 2025 (Sabbatical)
Kurt Capewell 2026 (Brisbane Broncos)

Losses for 2024

Viliami Vailea (North Queensland Cowboys)
Bailey Sironen (Catalan Dragons)
Valingi Kepu
Braydon Wiliame (Retirement)
Josh Curran (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)
Ronald Volkman (St George Dragons)

Gains for 2025

James Fisher-Harris 2028 (Penrith Panthers)
Jett Cleary 2027 (Penrith Panthers)

Losses for 2025

Addin Fonua-Blake (Cronulla Sharks)

As always anybody who has any further info, please advise, thanks.

Shout out to our New Zealand brothers and sisters on Anzac Day.

My sister from NSW is on a holiday in NZ at the moment and I’m sure she will pay the respects to your fallen.

And pay the tribute to the Māori, a ripping and wondrous cultural phenomenon.

As an Australian, as @callmack1 knows, I am proud and delighted to have your awesome country in our region.

i wouldn’t want it any other way.

I think I have some NZ in the blood now because I can’t stomach any other country’s war dance and attempt at haka.

I respect the people and cultures trying their own version but for me, it’s the authentic haka that sends the shivers down the spine and the heart beating stronger.

No person from any other country should attempt the haka without permission. Not one word, not one step.

Last edited: