What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Coach sacked in 2022

Who joins the centrelink queue first

• Trent Barrett

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • Adam O'Brien

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Ricky Stuart

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Michael Maguire

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Nathan Brown

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • Justin Holbrook

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Brown is the biggest phoney ever and only gets jobs because of the 'he's a good bloke' factor.

Warriors won't sack him though.

You could see Brown literally died inside yesterday...probably hoping he gets the arse at this stage and is put out of his misery

Frailty

First Grade
There are some really damn stats that really show how bad the Warriors have been:
- 16th in run metres
- 16th in offloads
- 16th in tackle breaks
- 16th in decoy runs
- 2nd most missed tackles
- 13th in line breaks, and 15th in line break assists.

The_Frog

First Grade
Barrett- Gus says he's not under pressure but that's what he said about Hook in 2018. Every week.
O'Brien- Not an easy job to get this team up when you've got a highly paid plodder in the side. He'll go sooner or later but it won't make much difference.
Sticky- A deity at Canberra and has a lot of media support, so he'll be right. Took them to a GF not so long ago so still has a few runs on the board.
Hook- They were never beating the Storm at home or anywhere else. The test lies ahead, in the next 3 games which are all extremely winnable. If he can turn the halfway mark with 7 wins, his gig is secure. It probably is anyway. Maguire- They're a much better team with Hastings at 7 and Brooks running off him. As long as they continue to play with pride, I think he'll be right.
Walters- safe as houses.
Brown- something wrong in this side. Nikorima just released. That was not a good showing yesterday but still they've got 4 wins and enough winnable games ahead to make the 8 if they're good enough. I think he'll see the year out at least.
Holbrook- They got back to 8 points and looked on top, then just collapsed. Easy to blame the coach but like a couple of other underperforming teams, something is wrong. They've got form, so more performances like yesterday and the knife might be sharpened.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
There are some really damn stats that really show how bad the Warriors have been:
- 16th in run metres
- 16th in offloads
- 16th in tackle breaks
- 16th in decoy runs
f**k me. Dire statistics.

Wb1234

Referee
With kikau and Mahoney next year dogs really need to get a decent coach to not waste that talent. You can just imagine how much addo carr regrets leaving Melbourne for that rabble

and it’s a pretty decent side too

some11

Referee
With kikau and Mahoney next year dogs really need to get a decent coach to not waste that talent. You can just imagine how much addo carr regrets leaving Melbourne for that rabble

and it’s a pretty decent side too
I reckon Flanagan is a lock to be coaching them next year.

Barrett is just f**king shit and looks like a dumb merkin to boot.

lynx000

Juniors
How many of these guys do you think are on their last chance saloon? Browny, this is his third club now, Barrett his second unsuccessful club, Griffin is on his 3rd. Ricky is on what, his 4th club? Do you see any club taking the chance to recycle one of them again?

Wb1234

Referee
How many of these guys do you think are on their last chance saloon? Browny, this is his third club now, Barrett his second unsuccessful club, Griffin is on his 3rd. Ricky is on what, his 4th club? Do you see any club taking the chance to recycle one of them again?
They are ok as assistants

Ricky is ok Canberra won’t sack him what’s the alternative ?

canberras biggest problem was the English guys being “homesick” killed them on the field

if Bateman didn’t ask for that stupid pay rise then maybe they would’ve been ok

Pete Cash

Post Whore
They are ok as assistants

Ricky is ok Canberra won’t sack him what’s the alternative ?

canberras biggest problem was the English guys being “homesick” killed them on the field

if Bateman didn’t ask for that stupid pay rise then maybe they would’ve been ok

Idk I think we are too slow with bateman (assuming his shoulder works) and Williams. Stick refused to move with the times of vlandysball. We are so old fashioned we take a horse and cart to the games.

That said I think with those guys and hodgson with knees we would score more points but we would still be pretty mediocre

Smug Panther

First Grade
- 16th in run metres
- 16th in offloads
- 16th in tackle breaks
- 16th in decoy runs
Lead by SJ haha says it all

Idk I think we are too slow with bateman (assuming his shoulder works) and Williams. Stick refused to move with the times of vlandysball. We are so old fashioned we take a horse and cart to the games.

That said I think with those guys and hodgson with knees we would score more points but we would still be pretty mediocre

Ricky is just stubborn and rarely changes his tactics or strategy. He is probably still using the interchange strategy he used when he started coaching first grade at the Roosters.

Perth Red

Post Whore
yep because like with NRL players that are dckheads, clubs quickly forget what they've done and think they'll go ok for them!