What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Broncos

Frederick

Staff member
First Grade Knights v Broncos

Tuesday, 8 April 2008 - Newcastle Knights

Newcastle Knights Vs Brisbane Broncos
EnergyAustralia Stadium
NRL
Sunday April 13, 2008
Kick Off 3pm AEST
Coach: Brian Smith
  1. Kurt Gidley
  2. James McManus
  3. Wes Naiqama
  4. Adam MacDougall
  5. Cooper Vuna
  6. Chris Bailey
  7. Scott Dureau
  8. Daniel Tolar
  9. Danny Buderus (c)
  10. Ben Cross
  11. Zeb Taia
  12. Cory Paterson
  13. Matt Hilder
Interchange:
  1. Chris Houston
  2. Jesse Royal
  3. Richie Fa’aoso
  4. Danny Wicks
  5. Cameron Ciraldo
  6. Keith Lulia
  7. Akuila Uate
LINK

aqua_duck

Coach
Chris Houston on the bench, intereting move. Gees is it just me or is anyone else thinking Taia will be our Daniel Wagon (the guys Smith MUST have in the team)

Frederick

Staff member
Please tell me you did not just compare Taia to Wagon? :lol:

Wagon and Tanner would've been a fairer comparison, but thankfully Tanner is no longer with us.

K-Man

Bench
Taia has been excellent, his efforts have been under-rated so far imo.
He's consistently one of the top tacklers, makes reasonable metres, runs very good lines which have a couple of occassions seen him make clean breaks, and can get an offload away. He'd probably be in my starting team even at full strength.

It's amazing what the name 'CROSS' does to the look of that side. I think Royal is suited to the bench too, I'm expecting a good game from him.

Also I imagine that when the team actually runs out, Hilder will shift back to the bench so that Houston can start. Unless of course it is a genuine selection designed to see Hilder the tackling machine go crazy in the ruck to compensate for the promotion of Paterson, combined with the fact his ball-playing lock skills would ease some pressure on hte halves minus Mullen (in fact, having just typed that, I suddenly think it's a good move by Smith).

Burwood

Bench
Why would Aku be on an extended bench when Lulia is already there to cover any late withdrawal from the backline?

Could be a long shot, but maybe Lulia is a good chance of playing (MacDougall's injury could be taking a bit longer than expected), with Gidley to 5/8, Wes to fullback, McManus to centres and finally Aku onto the wing.

roopy

Referee
You just know that Aku's firstgrade debut will be as bad or worse than Kurt Gidley's after all this buildup.
I wouldn't tell him till 5 minutes before kickoff.

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
Hilder to lock is a good move I think. His defensive work will help alot and hopefully we won't get off to another sh*t start.

Houston, TBH has been pretty ordinary the last 2 rounds. Patterson is a better attacking option and has alot more skills, but he needs to step up in defence.

Spitty

Juniors
I'm really happy with that team. Great to see Cross ready to go, Hope he's been plenty frustrated while sitting on the sidelines and he's gonna take it out on the Broncs.

Patterson's made a massive difference when he's come on the last few weeks. Houston's had a couple of brain explossions lately and he gave away more than his fair share of penalties against the Warriors.

At this stage Smithy seems to be rewarding good form and denouncing silly play.

Would be great if Aku get's a run, but I wouldn't be counting on it.

knights_86

Juniors
great to finally see cross in there! and also patto starting, our pack (on paper) looks much better this week. hilder to lock isnt a bad move either i think- he has been an absolute workhorse, and maybe houston can make more of an impact of the bench with a reduced defensive workload.

also looking forward to bails getting a go, i thought he showed some classy glimpses last yr at 5/8. i too wish that aku will get a go, but i also highly doubt it unfortunately.

please no gids to 5/8 too! he belongs as a roaming fullback. i would much rather bails at 5/8

Hanscholo

Bench
Good side. I think the bench he has there just means they are training with the 1st team, i dont read much into it.

Latest posts