What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Knights v Sharks Round 7

Burwood

Bench
First Grade Knights v Sharks Round 7

Tuesday, 24 April 2007 - Newcastle Knights

KNIGHTS v SHARKS
EnergyAustralia Stadium
Round 7
Monday 30 April, 2007
FIRST GRADE
Coach: Brian Smith
  1. Kurt Gidley
  2. James McManus
  3. Adam MacDougall
  4. Brad Tighe
  5. Todd Polglase
  6. Daniel Abraham
  7. Jarrod Mullen
  8. Josh Perry
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Adam Woolnough
  11. Steve Simpson
  12. Clint Newton
  13. Kirk Reynoldson
Interchange:
  • Riley Brown
  • Matthew White
  • Cory Paterson
  • Daniel Tolar
  • George Carmont
  • Jesse Royal
  • Mark Taufua

Burwood

Bench
I'm guessing Royal and Taufua are possible injury covers for Newton and Tolar? And carmont might be there incase Abraham is out injured- ie Tighe to 5/8, Carmont to centre.

Burwood

Bench
Valea said:
has uate played well enough in prems to warrant a FG spot anytime soon?

During the pre-season trials Uate was neck-to-neck with McManus, and knowing how much of a fast learner he is, he can't be too far away from selection. He just needs to wait for the likes of McManus and Polglase to string together a few substandard games and provide an opening for him.

Burwood

Bench
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Smith doesn't even name it.

What is that statement based on? The only time I have heard of that happening was after our last Monday night match against Canberra because the team were still down there doing a rehab session at the AIS when the teams needed to be named on the Tuesday morning. I doubt it is a weekly occurrence.

keeney

First Grade
But it is true that the side that takes the field is generally different. I doubt Smith doesn't name it, just that he doesn't take it too seriously.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
for once i would like to see a side without Tighe, Carmont or Polglase. Then i cant blame my frustrations on them. (because i always will)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The side which I think will take the field

1. Kurt Gidley
2. James McManus
3. Brad Tighe
4. Adam MacDougall
5. Todd Polglase
6. Riley Brown
7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Josh Perry/Matthew White
9. Danny Buderus
10. Adam Woolnough
11. Steve Simpson
12. Clint Newton
13. Kirk Reynoldson

14. Matt White/Jesse Royal
15. Daniel Tolar
16. Cory Paterson
17. Mark Taufua

Serc

First Grade
I highly doubt the team named above will be the one that takes the field...I agree with what Jobbers has posted and hope that is close to what we will see! On face value the starting lineup named is pretty bad (particularly the forward pack)

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Im interested to hear as to why Sargent hasn't been named. He was our supposed big "off-season" buy and he's played all the year, albeit only about 4 weeks, in reggies. Surely he's close to FG selection by now.

macavity

Referee
He hasnt exactly shone in PL though

Taufua, Snowden, Royal all infront of him

and Royal is crap.

Misanthrope

Staff member
People continue to compare Smith to Hagan because he's keeping guys like Tighe and Reynoldson in first grade - but I'll take those two if it means we get to see the likes of McManus, White, Tolar, Patterson, and possibly Tuafua in the first grade side.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if he's under pressure from the higher ups to continue to use Reynoldson regardless of his form. I'm sure they don't want to have to admit that their $230,000 a year investment is a failure.

Latest posts