What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Grade Team Knights v Rabbitohs Round 5

Gene Krupa

Referee
http://www.newcastleknights.com.au/absolutenm/templates/mediareleases.asp?articleid=1062&zoneid=1

FIRST GRADE
KNIGHTS V RABBITOHS
BLUETONGUE STADIUM
Sunday April 15, 2007
Kick off 2.00pm
Coach: Brian Smith
  1. Kurt Gidley
  2. James McManus
  3. George Carmont
  4. Brad Tighe
  5. Adam MacDougall
  6. Daniel Abraham
  7. Jarrod Mullen
  8. Josh Perry
  9. Danny Buderus
  10. Adam Woolnough
  11. Steve Simpson
  12. Clint Newton
  13. Daniel Tolar
Interchange:
  1. Michael Young
  2. Cory Paterson
  3. Matthew White
  4. Kirk Reynoldson
  5. Reegan Tanner

Looks like Smith has found Hages' cut and paste programme!

Misanthrope

Staff member
Not a complete copy paste. How have Tanner and Young been going in PL? Hopefully one of them shunts that hack, Reynoldson back into reggies where he belongs.

I swear to God, if he keeps naming those two toe-rags in the centres, I will snap and start supporting someone else until they're gone.

Jono078

Referee
Good God that's one of the worsts benches ive ever seen!

Roopy always talks about how poor Michael Young is and now he scored a try he's in FG!

I was expecting Uate, Snowden or Sargent and Taufua to make the team.

Misanthrope

Staff member
It's also worth remembering that (I don't think) Smith hasn't gone with any of the sides he's named. In Canberra he sprung the surprise selections of Davico and Thaiday, and even last week he had that reshuffle that saw Newton in the front row and Patterson starting. Maybe he's going to surprise us?

*Prays*

Pumba

First Grade
Michael Young on the bench is a shock.
Reegan Tanner 18th Man?? :?.

I am hoping that is not the team that takes the field!

And my last point

Shouldn't we start to look to at a long term halves pairing now that Joey has retired? Abes just is not a 5/8.

CJKnight

Juniors
CWBush said:
It's also worth remembering that (I don't think) Smith hasn't gone with any of the sides he's named. In Canberra he sprung the surprise selections of Davico and Thaiday, and even last week he had that reshuffle that saw Newton in the front row and Patterson starting. Maybe he's going to surprise us?

*Prays*

A very good point I feel...

I also get the idea that Smith might be using the bench like a "trial" for different people every week. Think about it: he has plyed Abraham, Tolar, White, Reyno, Polglase, Thiaday, Seu Seu, Davico, and Paterson all off the bench in the past 4 weeks and reshuffling the lineup according to their form (Paterson and Tolar got to start, etc.) Now Young and Tanner could very well be added to that list.

Here's hoping Sargent, Snowden and Tuafua get a chance too.

Sacrolishes

Juniors
oh my thats bad..my thoughts of us flogging south cause of joey retirement just took a step back..great starting line-up (apart from Tigh) but the bench..dear gracious me..maby he thinks experiance first b4 the talent???

god i hope it changes!!

Rod

Bench
I don't think it matters, the boys are gonna cream Souths as a tribute to Joey.

Serc

First Grade
Good run on side with Carmont and Tighe on watch as per, they must be on their last chances, but a terrible bench. Not much go forward outside of White and I am shuddering to think who is going to come on to replace Perry/Wooly/Newton during the game. I guess having Tolar and Abes at lock and 5/8 compensates a bit...

If Tanner plays anything like the Tanner we all know I can imagine this whole forum giving the poor fella a royal serving! I'm not very impressed that he's back in the lineup.

Jedda

Juniors
Dear God I hope this is Smiths idea of a joke and that he's trying to cheer us up with a wee laugh considering todays news.

Where's Franze, Snowden, Sargent?

Burwood

Bench
So has Tanner been named because Simpson is expected to be ruled out? Last time I heard Simpson was going to be out for a couple of weeks.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Its just about the same side which pushed Melbourne all the way last week ..........

Latest posts