What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First QB taken in the 2010 draft

macavity

Referee
anyone else rate Ryan Mallet (Arkansas)?

I dont think he can nominate this year, but 6'7, strong arm. Impressive in their losses to Georgia and LSU.

Big Tim

First Grade
Saw him play against LSU, failed to make completions against a team that is rated higher than they should be.

But he will make the NFL. He is a big guy with a strong arm..... alot of teams think that is all you need.

macavity

Referee
Saw him play against LSU, failed to make completions against a team that is rated higher than they should be.

But he will make the NFL. He is a big guy with a strong arm..... alot of teams think that is all you need.

He was much better against GA - and I dont think he has a very good team around him.

Big Tim

First Grade
The team isnt very good I will admit, but he chose to go there. He asked for the transfer so he could fulfill his lifelong dream of being a razorback.....

I still think he will make the NFL, but more because of his build as a QB, not purely his football ability.

owend21

Juniors
Interesting read but it's silly to take these things so seriously when the college season hasn't even finished. So many things can happen that could see other QBs get into the top 5 and some of these ones to look like they wouldn't be NFL grade.

Admitedly, I'm not too into the college thing, but I don't understand why Tebow isn't so highly rated for the NFL. The guy gets hailed as the best college player ever and breaks tonnes of records but for some reason he wouldn't be any good in the NFL?

Tebow isnt a great passer and in the NFL the DB's are quicker and he would get picked off all day....

Big Tim

First Grade
passed better than Mallet.

Mallet missed 2 guys for TD's against Florida, very badly too, and also had some other terrible throws. the guy has the body, but I think he will be a project player.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Mallett is hardly a finished product though.

He sat out last year due to transferring, and provided Petrino hangs around for his eligibility, he'll have 3 years starting experience in the SEC, in a QB friendly offense and combined with his size and arm, he might just be a first rounder. Definately not in 2010 or 2011 though.

macavity

Referee
passed better than Mallet.

Mallet missed 2 guys for TD's against Florida, very badly too, and also had some other terrible throws. the guy has the body, but I think he will be a project player.

yeah definately disappointing against the gators.

tebow was good but not great. he sure runs a lot....

tim, if he wanted to be a hog, why did he go to michigan to start with?

Big Tim

First Grade
They mentioned it in the last game of his I watched, but basically Arkansas where in a shambles. Once they got Petrino he decided it was time to transfer.

Its working out well for him, he is in the SEC, so plenty of coverage, and he has some great numbers.

macavity

Referee
I read somewhere it was as much about getting OUT of M as getting to Ark...? sounds like it has been a good move for him, but gotta wonder why he didnt go there first up and try to be part of the solution if he was so passionate about Ark.

Big Tim

First Grade
I read somewhere it was as much about getting OUT of M as getting to Ark...? sounds like it has been a good move for him, but gotta wonder why he didnt go there first up and try to be part of the solution if he was so passionate about Ark.

There is being passionate, and there is knowing you only have 4 years to make your mark, and being a QB, you will probably have to sit for some time behind established players.

Going to Michigan got his name out there, the transfer to Arkansas did that even more. Now people look at his stats and say "The kid is good".

He will make the NFL, but he will need to do a Philip Rivers and sit on the bench. If he is thrown in J Mac style I think he will struggle big time.

Mal Meninga

Bench
Shocking/confusing news: Sam Bradford will enter the NFL draft.

SC reported that his recovery time will be 4-6 months. If his surgery is a success he still won't be able to throw at the Combine which is in late February.

Does he share the same 'advisors' as Michael Crabtree?

Mal Meninga

Bench

SC reported that his recovery time will be 4-6 months. If his surgery is a success he still won't be able to throw at the Combine which is in late February.

Monk

Referee
facepalm.jpg

Philby

Juniors
Tebow's game game definetly needs work to translate to the NFL. He will go in the first rd due to his potential & physical tools but simply put his current offence will not work in the NFL. Im sure in the right situation behind the right QB he will develop into a starter but it will take time.

dragonfire

Bench

seems to be slightly injury prone to be honest. Might be the smart move to try and go straight into the draft rather than play another season and get injured again. Look at Adrian Peterson, probably the best player in the 07 draft yet fell to 7 because of injury concerns...

Latest posts