What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanagan Confirmed.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Finally official, but you'd have to think the 1 year signing is about the maximum time anyone could stand working under McDeflector. It's a watch & wait scenario!

He'll either be thrown under the bus like others before him, or Flanno will depart to another club that provides vision & opportunity.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
One year deal...so someone wants to keep their options open, it's just not clear whether it's Flanagan or the club.
I reckon the club. With us having a supposed war chest in 2021 I believe they will strongly consider sacking Mary as they could probably swallow 600K. That year will be one of our most important ever. We will be signing/re-signing players that will be with us for the next 4-5 years probably and a new coach and his own support staff may be necessary to attract new players.

possm

Coach
I reckon the club. With us having a supposed war chest in 2021 I believe they will strongly consider sacking Mary as they could probably swallow 600K. That year will be one of our most important ever. We will be signing/re-signing players that will be with us for the next 4-5 years probably and a new coach and his own support staff may be necessary to attract new players.
Our new CEO would have to be able to convince the NRL to lift their ban on Flanagan for 2021. If that can be done, a coaching team of Flanagan as head coach, Sheppard and Young as assistants and Head as CC coach would most probably be the coaching staff.

If Gould comes on baoard as Director of the Football department, then I could see Millward getting the flick and Gould picking his own support staff.

Ye
We may have the most negative fans in the comp. In saying that, we do currently have a lot to be pissed off about, from poor management for many years, 2 extremely poor coaches for the last 8 years and continuing, Lomax being our only decent outside back, the continued selection of Aitken and Lafai, Craig Young, lack of TPA's (good management should have addressed that issue a long time ago, if they are unable to do so, then we should be finding management that can do so). I am sure many could offer many other things that our fans are pissed off about.

Even when we were leading the comp last year and playing great football, there were many on here who were still extremely negative and waiting for us to fall in heap or even predicting it.
Yeah ive been so depressed for so long about us its making me happy again. Haha

merahputih

Juniors
We may have the most negative fans in the comp. In saying that, we do currently have a lot to be pissed off about, from poor management for many years, 2 extremely poor coaches for the last 8 years and continuing, Lomax being our only decent outside back, the continued selection of Aitken and Lafai, Craig Young, lack of TPA's (good management should have addressed that issue a long time ago, if they are unable to do so, then we should be finding management that can do so). I am sure many could offer many other things that our fans are pissed off about.

Even when we were leading the comp last year and playing great football, there were many on here who were still extremely negative and waiting for us to fall in heap or even predicting it.
Pretty re easy to predict : same coach, same tactics, same training regime, same selections, same bench rotation, same support staff, same recruitment......

BLM01

First Grade

What are you so negative about.
I am looking forward to next year and expecting big things!! o_O....and that is all I have got for now....hope and tomorrow things can change
But you are right if you are stauch supporter and lover of the Dragons being on this forum is a sure way to drive you to do other not so positive things and not make you feel good about our beloved club!

sa1nt5

Juniors
What are you so negative about.
I am looking forward to next year and expecting big things!! o_O....and that is all I have got for now....hope and tomorrow things can change
But you are right if you are stauch supporter and lover of the Dragons being on this forum is a sure way to drive you to do other not so positive things and not make you feel good about our beloved club!
Yep this season Hunt and Norman will go off like a frog in a sock with a cracker up it’s arse. My prediction, PAIN, also 4th

Crush

Coach
I think the combination of having Flanno at the club and all players playing for contracts for 2021 the Dragons will lift.
They won't compete with the top teams but will be a bit of a surprise package.
They'll be a bit like the Eels last year, unexpectedly OK.

Gareth67

First Grade
good thinking gareth, glad to see your not jut a pretty face

Thanks jak - kind of you to say so . It seems to kicks into thinking mode more often of late with these fierce electrical storms we been having . It has me somewhat worried that I may end up like the maestro , lawd forbid .:zap:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
You need more footer Willow, I feel there is not enough. I hear you can put the encyclopedia britannica on a thumb drive.

*Takes tongue from cheek*

jak

Bench
Thanks jak - kind of you to say so . It seems to kicks into thinking mode more often of late with these fierce electrical storms we been having . It has me somewhat worried that I may end up like the maestro , lawd forbid .:zap:
just hold up a 2 iron and you will be ok mate

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
Pretty re easy to predict : same coach, same tactics, same training regime, same selections, same bench rotation, same support staff, same recruitment......

As recently mentioned by a Dragon player the extra training - “ much harder than in previous years “ is what has me worried.

We usually fade out mid season or even before then , so with this new fitness regime I most sincerely hope that we can go the whole season without showing any signs of fatigue whatsoever .

Otherwise the bum should be given the old heave - hove once the players begin to fade .

Latest posts