What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno assistant coach,,...?

TheOnlyTeam

Juniors
I still disagree, I think he plays for us to his potential, we don’t win as many games as we would like but it’s not due to him. It’s more the players around him. Especially outside backs. I guess it seems better when he makes a bust in Origin he has people backing up but he still plays extremely well for us just no icing on the cake for his efforts. I’m not going to let this season dampen his legacy. No player besides McInnes can hold their head up high this season but I’m more than confident Friz will be back to the rampaging bull we all know and love next season.
I disagree, it's the effing useless coach.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The signing of Flanno is the best move the Dragons have made since Bennett left the club,
I believe he will work really well with our supercoach, my biggest concern is after his 2 years is up. Supercoach will take full credit for rise of the Dragons, the board will extend his contract 4 rounds into 2021 and Flanno will sign with a rival club for 2022.

Flanno is as ruthless as they come. Hopefully he just lets Mary coach himself into oblivion by Round 8 next year, then he’s our coach.

Then again, this is the Dragons and they’ll likely scapegoat Flanno after 8 rounds instead.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Only at the Dragons do we find ourselves in this situation:
We want to have a poor start so Mc85mins is sacked, yet , if we are playing good football and and are around the top of the ladder, is that not what ultimately we want, success?

Crush

Coach
Only at the Dragons do we find ourselves in this situation:
We want to have a poor start so Mc85mins is sacked, yet , if we are playing good football and and are around the top of the ladder, is that not what ultimately we want, success?
Unless we sign a backline between now and round 1 we won't be around the top of the ladder thats for sure.....

J.moz

Juniors
Hasnt been offered a contract so bloody slow. Dragons again useless waiting on what to get the deal done .

BLM01

First Grade
Hasnt been offered a contract so bloody slow. Dragons again useless waiting on what to get the deal done .

The right time to tell the NRL and announce it and agreeing on semantics, length of contract etc. Remember Flanno is not allowed back until Dec 18 to start work under a official contract although he is likely if not definitely had to already start in his own time working for gift vouchers ;)
The devil's in the detail as far as the NRL are concerned with the contract and.....
The problem the Dragons have is Flanno will be the brains trust, the mentor and everything else coaching..but stupidly for some reason ATM he is only allowed to be up to one level lower..either you are banned or not...another stupid Greenburg half arsed decision in favour or not.

Mary is still the front man with his legs pinned under that excuse bus. His days a numbered.
He cant throw Flanno under a bus from there. Flanno will be in a position now (if he wants) to grab the wheel at the right time.
100% the plan should be that the 2 year further head coaching ban will be at least appealed towards the end of 2020 with a new Commission boss in place after Flanno has done enough sucking up.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The right time to tell the NRL and announce it and agreeing on semantics, length of contract etc. Remember Flanno is not allowed back until Dec 18 to start work under a official contract although he is likely if not definitely had to already start in his own time working for gift vouchers ;)
The devil's in the detail as far as the NRL are concerned with the contract and.....
The problem the Dragons have is Flanno will be the brains trust, the mentor and everything else coaching..but stupidly for some reason ATM he is only allowed to be up to one level lower..either you are banned or not...another stupid Greenburg half arsed decision in favour or not.

Mary is still the front man with his legs pinned under that excuse bus. His days a numbered.
He cant throw Flanno under a bus from there. Flanno will be in a position now (if he wants) to grab the wheel at the right time.
100% the plan should be that the 2 year further head coaching ban will be at least appealed towards the end of 2020 with a new Commission boss in place after Flanno has done enough sucking up.

Great post BLM01.

Agree 100%, theres a lot of "devil in the detail" with signing him, as you say, what he can and cannot do and really stretching the boundaries of said details. Crossing T's and dotting I's etc.

As we all know he can't start "officially" until after the 18th Dec and I believe one of the imposed conditions by the NRL is the he must be involved in development of juniors. Take that as you wish and whatever is classified as "juniors" (ie: what age) , which could mean anything from CC (yes a few juniors play in that competition), JF, SGB or HM.
I think its the CC squad that really doesn't take shape until late in the year or early in 2020, which fits in nicely with his "official" return.
He cannot be an NRL coach for 2yrs, as it now stands, but an assistant in NRL, check. Coach in CC, check (CC is run by NSWRL not the NRL). This would allow him to get his hands on our best up and coming players, especially those on the fringe and those who are in the DS.

It seems too convenient that Head has been let go (unofficial until the club announce it) imo.

merahputih

Juniors
The Ruggerbuggers answer to Mary, Michael Cheika looks likely to finally resign or be shown the door after Australia's loss to England in the World Cup in Japan. Some parallels with our man: lack of variety, dubious selections, constantly out coached by his counterparts, etc. while being generously supported by Rugby Australia over a long period. No two year extension for him.

TruSaint

Referee
Resume incoming now...
GettyImages-1181998536.jpg

boardlumps62

Juniors
If Flanno just does his assistant role whatever that involves and does the development role again whatever from the SGB to Cc both Illawarra and St George he will be busy. And if he does it right keeps his eye on the top job he and us will be the beneficiaries.

Brutalitops

Juniors
Flanno is as ruthless as they come. Hopefully he just lets Mary coach himself into oblivion by Round 8 next year, then he’s our coach.

Then again, this is the Dragons and they’ll likely scapegoat Flanno after 8 rounds instead.
If Mary is sacked it won't be Flanno replacing him anyway. He cannot coach until 2022

TruSaint

Referee
If Mary is sacked it won't be Flanno replacing him anyway. He cannot coach until 2022

Yet some here still believe that he will be given further dispensation to coach in 2021, or even half way through 2020.
Wont happen.
He has dialed a friend, asked the audience and so forth.
If, and its a big if, he is around the Club after 2 years as assistant, then maybe he gets a shot.

Dragonsamy

Bench
I think you'll find the majority will begin pre-season in Nov. The players involved in the up coming 9's and internationals wont begin pre-season 'till after Christmas/New Year break.

Flannagan, if he signs on, cannot commence an assistant roill until after the 18th of December.

100% correct

possm

Coach
Yet some here still believe that he will be given further dispensation to coach in 2021, or even half way through 2020.
Wont happen.
He has dialed a friend, asked the audience and so forth.
If, and its a big if, he is around the Club after 2 years as assistant, then maybe he gets a shot.
I still believe sacking Mary signing Brown/Flanagan assistant would be in the best interest of SGI no matter what the price. Good for our NRL side and good for our junior development.

The calm one

Juniors
I still believe sacking Mary signing Brown/Flanagan assistant would be in the best interest of SGI no matter what the price. Good for our NRL side and good for our junior development.
We have tried old boys for many moons now. Bad vibes from them. Stay calm

Latest posts