What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno Friday

Special K

Coach
The more I think about it the more I would like Flanno gone. We need a new approach the first day of pre season

carcharias

Immortal
How many coaches do you think Maguire has? Honestly.

Coaching and coaching staff is becoming more like a squad now.

It was a joke .
You know veolia the bus service around here.

I think Maguire has 8 coaches

No.. Hang on...
Make that 9.... Like the TV channel.

Eion

First Grade
This whole thing is a a crock of shit. Flanno did every f**ken course the Nrl required of him. This a smokescreen to show how tough they are.

Card Shark

Immortal
We have a coach. He is back in December unless he can convince the NRL other wise. He failed to do so the first time, so they have added on more learning for him.

I have been told that there are still a few he has to complete, and a few he has completed.

Training would resume in the first week of November.... & we won't have a coach there.

Sounds a bit like 2014 again, when the casual teacher was in & lost control.

Generalzod

Immortal
This whole thing is a a crock of shit. Flanno did every f**ken course the Nrl required of him. This a smokescreen to show how tough they are.

The illusion of tougness you just had to see how they dealt with the Broncos salary cap issue.

Weaponhead

Coach
The illusion of tougness you just had to see how they dealt with the Broncos salary cap issue.

For the NRL, the Sharks are like the the scrawny red headed kid with buck teeth, a club foot, who needs a puff of Ventolin to go outside. Easy to kick around, can't fight back and no one cares enough to step in. Hopefully, one day we grow into a monster who channels the rage and goes on a viscous tirade of righteous vengeance.

Card Shark

Immortal

The next time a club comes under salary cap scrutiny, the club just fires the people that knew about it & the NRL goes away.

This is a scenario that could happen:
Rich Club hires a dodgy character on big $ to setup a special salary cap for star player(s). Club gets busted & "recruitment manager" immediately resigns, who did it all alone. NRL come to question but no longer an employee, so NRL goes away.

Southern Shark

Juniors
Which makes it obvious why the Nrl must assign cap values to each player and divulge those values. That way they can equalise the competition regardless of what the Clubs pay the players. But because the big clubs can pay overs and recruit all the rep players nothing is done as those clubs have the power. And they all regularly make the top eight and almost always fill the top four spots. And so it will be until someone steps up.

ghoti

Bench
As much as I love to whinge about how much of a good deal the Roosters, Souths, Dogs, Storm and Broncs get under the cap, I quickly remember that this year we had Gallen, Lewis, Fifita, Carney, Graham and Gordon in the same squad. We've done ok considering

ghoti

Bench
Oh yeah, absolutely...but our shitty little organisation with (relative to the big clubs) f**k all capacity for arranging third-party deals, pushing the books around and bargaining was still able to field a squad with a number of high market value star players.

The system is problematic when the Broncs can stockpile talent, but with the marquee players we've managed to collect (albeit, mostly by chance) we're not exactly a have-not. The issue lies in our inability to develop cheap, fringe talent to balance out the rest of the roster. If the Roosters had the likes of Fifita, Gallen, Graham, Carney, Gordon, Lewis, et al, I guarantee they would never put themselves in a position to field guys like Wright, Ayshford, Robson (who I f**king love but would never get a run anywhere else,) etc.

I'm already seeing lots of holes in this argument, but my point is that it's not like we haven't been able to recruit and stockpile a number of rep players the last few years. Our problem is with the bottom 15 - 20 of the squad, not the top.

Card Shark

Immortal
Agree with what you are saying.

It's the development of cheap younger guys to supplement the big names that is poor.

Eion

First Grade
The club can see it alright, they just can't compete with the dodgy brown paper bag third party deals the big boys can get away with.

webShark

The club can see it alright, they just can't compete with the dodgy brown paper bag third party deals the big boys can get away with.

Was it 5 clubs fined for cap breaches? Plus Storm and Dogs didn't get away with it.

We will never have decent 3rd party deals, can't even get great sponsorship. We are the excuse club. Souths were kicked out and had low sponsorship and few members. They win a comp.

Duh, they attracted a rich benefactor. Who would think of that? Marwan wants an NRL club. What would be lost attracting him? At least we could fill the dodgy paper bags then.

Quigs

Immortal
Well after the debacle of the Donkeys unaccountable $350,000 admitted fault I now just wave my hands above my head and say "Well I'll be fee-arqued (f**ked), you can blow me down with a feather"

The game, and the cap rorting is now officially a joke.

When the NRL were going hammer and tong against the Storm and then allowed Spazz to sign up for half a pie and $1.67 back ended...

the whole system stinks and everyone knows it.

Imagine being the CEO of the Tits and getting wacked for the "secret" Prince deals that everyone and his dog knew about. I could just imagine the big boy CEO's sitting around the NRL board table during meetings just sniggering at the ones that got caught.

Ohhhhh and did I tell you about Dokotor Dank being at the Hartleys for 4 to 6 years and half the Eastern Suburbs Rorters having higher than average HGH in their blood.

Yeppers, I am nearly over the game.

amcoglory

Juniors
just on the subject of stocking the younger talent is it that we just cant not afford to pay the second ter guys good money
or is other clubs able to spend more , ie players like souths had as in there outside backs that come through on low pay and the roosters did it the year before with players like dainel toupu.
the storm system have done it for years, have a core of high end talent and supplement it with really great junior talent coming through the ranks, when ever Melbourne loose a player they seem to have a junior ready to step up
not sure if its money or junior development but we and a few other clubs have really missed out on this formula where others have taken the title.

Quigs

Immortal
Can Ewen McKenzie help out with our coaching team .... he is doing nothing right now and is available.

But knowing us and being in a constant state of cronullification we'd end up with his older brother Barry.

Weaponhead

Coach
Can Ewen McKenzie help out with our coaching team .... he is doing nothing right now and is available.

But knowing us and being in a constant state of cronullification we'd end up with his older brother Barry.

We will probably sign Di Patston.