What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I think there would be a lot of strategic thinking Johnno. Now that it is likely that Amone won't be a Dragon maybe forever, they would have to be discussing back-ups and especially the good ones that come on the market and be available to target.

If I was Flanno, I would wait and see what the lay of the land is like insofar as getting a couple of guys for 2024 and definitely doing a lot of work on 2025 recruiting targets. In the meantime we wait for the games to begin and see how things look like going in 2024.

I don't think we will read or hear anything much from Flanno and therefore the journos as well for a while now.
Re the halfback issue, looks like you were right, and they at least have a short term strategy with the addition of Volkman.

A Roosters junior, Volkman had an outstanding schoolboy rugby yawnion career at noted nursery Waverley College in the eastern suburbs before being signed by the Chooks. Touted in the pre season as one of the players to watch in 2022, he found himself in a queue behind play makers Luke Keary, Sam Walker, Drew Hutchinson and Lachlan Lam so was offloaded to the Warriors where he only played three top games.

Last edited:

Victoire

Juniors
I was calling for another signing for our halves depth and Volkman is probably the best we could have done at this point of the off season. Decent work.

However at this point he's yet another career reserve grader signed for just a single season.. with big guns consistently knocking us back for 2025. We desperately need to land an International or Origin level player soon

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
Even if only 2024 for the Volk due to NZ having him on the books for 2025 it is still a smart move

We can easily afford the $ in 2024 for him

We may have only paid 70% or so if he was truly on a larger contract $ at Warriors

If he wasn’t we paid in full

If SJ kills it he will get another year

That will create a fortunate position where we can extend potentially the Volk if he shows enough

Or we don’t try and negotiate that because Kyle is doing well and or Hunt wants to stay on etc

The Volk also really looks like he would be handy at no9 which is a good player for the bench if that becomes his best role due to other performing well

Good utility he appears at worst