What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
We look stupid that's for sure and if we miss out on AFB, well what can I say - a big fat thumbs down to our recruitment department and our head coach. The usual explanations will come out in the wash which we have all come accustomed to.

We thought that once November 1st came we might have had a few goodies already signed up for 2025 by late November. Now, there is little to aspire to. Bloody hell!!
Well at last Flanno has learnt not to "blab" about prospective signings and will be keeping things closer to his chest from now on.

“I'm going to pull my head in a bit … I don't want to go into those conversations as much now because we're putting our head out there to get punched again. We'll be out there punching as hard as we can, but we'll keep it a little bit more in-house these days".

getsmarty

Immortal

Market Watch: Dragons land Warriors youngster, Dolphins poach Tiger​

The Dragons have received a much needed boost to their halves depth, with a Warriors star joining the Red V immediately, while the Dolphins have landed a Tigers speedster for 2025.

Mojo

Bench
Bunning’s sausage sizzles are complicated events: onion, no onion, sauce, mustard, white, wholemeal, drinks too , how many, cash, card? Kids everywhere, who was first, how much was that again …. Aaaarrrgghh. It’s not just one off the ruck, count five tackles and kick it somewhere. Ben would want to go …. anywhere else… Immediately.

Last edited:

Trifili13

Juniors
Bunning’s sausage sizzles are complicated events: onion, no onion, sauce, mustard, white, wholemeal, drinks too , how many, cash, card? Kids everywhere, who was first, how much was that again …. Aaaarrrgghh. It’s not just one off the ruck, count five tackles and kick it somewhere. Ben would want to go …. anywhere else… Immediately.
I yearn for the day when the Dragon's are run as well as a Bunnings sausage sizzle.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Help me out guys

Roster wise, how are we weaker / stronger in 2024 compared to 2023?

my thoughts

Halves
We definitely lost in the halves, with Amone and sullivan gone, we pick up Kyle. We also lost Herring, but now gained volkman. Overall our biggest weakness rolling into 24.

pack
lost some gained some. I think Sele is better than anyone we have lost.

so I’m thinking we are a little weaker now, and we were bottom 4 last year. Only way to improve is a combo of game plan, effort and fitness.

Super Owl

Juniors
Help me out guys

my thoughts

Halves
We definitely lost in the halves, with Amone and sullivan gone, we pick up Kyle. We also lost Herring, but now gained volkman. Overall our biggest weakness rolling into 24.

pack

so I’m thinking we are a little weaker now, and we were bottom 4 last year. Only way to improve is a combo of game plan, effort and fitness.

Disagree.

KFlan better than Amone.
Volk at leasts as good as Sully - perhaps better.
I think KFlan and Hunt go into round 1. That's an upgrade on 23.

Forwards - agree about Sele and Eisenhouth is better than Billy Burns, and getting Bird out of the forwards may be a good move too. Young fellas are stepping up. Couchmans get a Flanno preseason and Coric is back in the mix. The Manly boys are ready to kick on!

I'm keen!

I think

TheRev

Coach
I think we are slightly in front roster wise, noting that there are still 2 spots to go (which could be a game changer):

o Props: Musgrove & Kerr were actually 2 rly good impact props.. Musgrove obviously was on the nose though cause he was killing it in Cup and they played lightweights instead.. While Tui/Fifita technically arent 2024 additions.. they are fit with a pre-season now.. so overall I think we are slightly in front...TCouch also will be stronger.

o Halves: I'd take KFlan over Amone in a heartbeat.. and Sullivan I loved to watch... but he also rarely put a few games together.. Volkmans addition puts us in front.. but losing Herring hurts our depth.. but.. King-Togia has had a pre-season and a few cup games...this is his year to show he can thrive against men.

The issue though is we dont play footy in a vacuum.. the Dogs have improved immensely (and arent done yet), the Dolphins have added like 2-3 rep level names to their roster.. so we are hoping that the Tigers havent improved too much... or that Bula/Stefano and co dont continue their trajectory... or that the Raiders fall completely off the perch.

Help me out guys

my thoughts

Halves

pack

Definitely stronger

Sele & Eisenhuth better than Musgrave & Burns

Coachman’s and Manly boys to be much improved

Flanno Jr & Volkman both better options than Amone who hit the NRL as a junior gun, but by and large fired like a pop gun.

All players recruited thus far are better from a culture perspective.

Flanno Senior will provide a fitter more determined team that will fight for 80 minutes.

I expect our defence will improve significantly.

Illusion

Bench
Hay guys can someone clear this up for me , the young half from the Warriors we are signing for a year , is this a actual signing or does he have to to back to them ....... After a year ?

hewi

Bench
No official confirmation yet

media suggesting Warriors are releasing Volkman from last 2 years of his contract

saints are offering a 12 month contract

I think this is perfect for us . If he is a good prospect he will earn a longer contract if not he doesn’t block a spot in the 30. He has good size and wraps on him, let’s see what Flanno can do with him.