What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
Here Dave
Thanks muchly RedVee. Let us hope that this signing will help with several options on how to use Hunt, Kyle, Liddle. We have the ability now to opt for 4 guys to be hooker (includes Muhleisen, Hunt, Kyle, Liddle), options at half and 5/8th (Volkman, Hunt, Kyle, Turner).

All looking a bit better now.

possm

Coach
Wouldn’t have let him off so easily

I would have sent him to KOE Cup for the balance of his contract
I have said all along that Hunt should go. But it should not be revenge or punishment, it should be because he is not worth the money we pay him and has less value than any other potential halfback we could recruit. Hunt asked for a release from his contract meaning, we would not have to pay him longer. Sending him to reserve grade would only be necessary if he did not want to leave. Remember, whether he plays or does not play first grade, he still gets paid the big bucks anyway.

Thanks muchly RedVee. Let us hope that this signing will help with several options on how to use Hunt, Kyle, Liddle. We have the ability now to opt for 4 guys to be hooker (includes Muhleisen, Hunt, Kyle, Liddle), options at half and 5/8th (Volkman, Hunt, Kyle, Turner).

All looking a bit better now.
It’s all about the pigs

If we are able to roll up the field and get quick play the balls, the halves will have space and time.

steerlerbab

Juniors
I have said all along that Hunt should go. But it should not be revenge or punishment, it should be because he is not worth the money we pay him and has less value than any other potential halfback we could recruit. Hunt asked for a release from his contract meaning, we would not have to pay him longer. Sending him to reserve grade would only be necessary if he did not want to leave. Remember, whether he plays or does not play first grade, he still gets paid the big bucks anyway.
If there is a club that wants Hunt and happy to do a swap for a player that we want. Why not? However, I applaud the club especially Flanno who stood firm last year when Broncs and Titans were stirring the pot behind the scene.

possm

Coach
You beauty! Now that is the way to do it. None of this rumour stuff then not coming and embarrassment afterwards.

Who knows, there could be another signing which has been kept on the quiet until official?
He is not a marquee player and I don't think anyone else was interested in him. We always seem to attract average players discarded from other clubs successfully.

Now, if we had immediately let Hunt go, we might have had more chance to attract Dearden and Lui. I doubt we would have gotten AFB, I think there is bad blood there left over from the time his Dragons contract was torn up.

I'd really, like to see the Dragons recruit Klemmer for 2024/25. We have the cash and prop is a position we still need to fill..

Prop rotation:
Klemmer
F Molo
Lawrie
Sele

Our junior props will just have to earn their selection to first grade and our reserve grade side would therefore be much more competitive in 2024..

denis preston

First Grade
He is not a marquee player and I don't think anyone else was interested in him. We always seem to attract average players discarded from other clubs successfully.

Now, if we had immediately let Hunt go, we might have had more chance to attract Dearden and Lui. I doubt we would have gotten AFB, I think there is bad blood there left over from the time his Dragons contract was torn up.

I'd really, like to see the Dragons recruit Klemmer for 2024/25. We have the cash and prop is a position we still need to fill..

Prop rotation:
Klemmer
F Molo
Lawrie
Sele

Our junior props will just have to earn their selection to first grade and our reserve grade side would therefore be much more competitive in 2024..
Pos, it would cost us 800k a year as that is what he is on currently. Nowhere near worth that.

offiah

Juniors
Don’t we have to spend 95% of the cap each year?

Why don’t we just front load everyone in 2024 and we’ll probably have the full cap to spend in 2025 haha

Draginzaaar

Bench
It’s all about the pigs

If we are able to roll up the field and get quick play the balls, the halves will have space and time.
Just watched a couple of minis on Kayo v Rabbits and Warriors late in the season. We could have won both those games. Defence was rubbish. We let some easy tries in. Improved defence and fitness will help this season.

justadragon

Bench
Basically a lot of us are wishful thinkers and that all is well if this happened and that happened.

What else can we do? If we had as many signings as the Bulldogs and even the Tigers (Luai now looking very likely to be there in 2025), instead of us being wishful we might be talking up the team in a way that things will happen rather than hoping they will.

I really can't wait to see how we go against the Bunnies and Tigers in the trial games. Good teams to test our guys.
Me to Dave but I don’t put too much faith into trial games. They tend to give me false hope.

Latest posts