What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

offiah

Juniors
And why wouldn’t you if you were Jonah? You have the opportunity to learn in one of the best systems in RL and have much less pressure while you reach your potential, then cash in later Nicho Hynes style. Taking the cash early at a struggling club has ruined many careers.

Hopefully Flanagan can turn us into one of the better systems out there.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

Not re-signed as yet

$750k pa broncos supposedly offered for another 4 years

Would we go $1m pa ?

I’m not sold on a 4 year for Mam at $1m pa to leave and be the Man /m

steerlerbab

Juniors

Not re-signed as yet

Would we go $1m pa ?

Ezra Mam is a great running 5/8. We all saw it in grand final. He will definitely demand 1M if he proves himself week in week out this year and Broncos get the chance to match it so 750k is not the final offer. But first, what we need is an organiser half to come in and replace Hunt who will be gone by the end 2024 or 2025 if he sees out his contract. Whether we develop Vokeman or Flanno jnr or buy one, this should be our first priority. A great running 5/8 can look very ordinary in a below par team.

Victoire

Juniors
And why wouldn’t you if you were Jonah? You have the opportunity to learn in one of the best systems in RL and have much less pressure while you reach your potential, then cash in later Nicho Hynes style. Taking the cash early at a struggling club has ruined many careers.

Hopefully Flanagan can turn us into one of the better systems out there.
Absolutely... but. He'll be 22 in 2025 and still sitting behind the Australian Test five-eighth and the NZ test halfback. By 22 Nathan Cleary had already played a handful of Origins. His career might just pass him by if he's too patient ... at least that's what a rival recruiter with some powers of persuasion might be telling him. So... not us.

Lennyb

Juniors

Not re-signed as yet

Would we go $1m pa ?

Amone was on a reported 500. All day Mam is twice the player.

Big yes, for me.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors

Not re-signed as yet

Would we go $1m pa ?

we have as much chance to mam as we did dearden;

Carlton

Juniors
We have cap space coming out of our ears and no one to spend it on for the next two years.

Give Mam 1.1m, or whatever, for two years, if he lives up to expectations then this is what he would command. If he doesnt then move him on and spend the 1.1m somewhere else.

We dont lose, we get a young player that already looks like he is going to be a superstar, it attracts other players, we stuff up the Broncos and we cause problems for every other club's cap because we've now reset what spine players think their worth.

Lennyb

Juniors
RE Mam,

I have rewatched last years GF a few times now and from what I have seen is Payne not congratulating Mam on his last 2 tries. Total cold shoulder. He was on the bench for the first.

No love lost. I know they are professionals, but when the alpha of the team does not like you, it cant be good.

Clutching at straws, but this kid would be great for the Dragons.

justadragon

Bench
RE Mam,

I have rewatched last years GF a few times now and from what I have seen is Payne not congratulating Mam on his last 2 tries. Total cold shoulder. He was on the bench for the first.

No love lost. I know they are professionals, but when the alpha of the team does not like you, it cant be good.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone Mam would be great for the Dragons, but I have a hypothetical question for everyone, " Have we not learnt our lesson in luring a Broncos / Qld half to come to the Dragons on big money " He may look good now because of the pack he is with but what will he look like with ours, and when do the complaints start about who we have and who we cant get. I'm now very wary of anyone coming to the Dragons on huge money just to be a mercenary, I would at least prefer some Dragons DNA.

Mojo

Bench
Here’s a highly opinionated cat to put amongst the pigeons: when you grow up wearing the red and white, playing the game every day, admiring players like Provan, Raper, Gaznier, Smith, Langlands, Clay, King … every weekend … you develop a sense of which players ‘fit’ the jersey. One look at Volkmann and I’m confident he belongs and is a very talented footy player. I’m looking forward to watching him play.

justadragon

Bench
Here’s a highly opinionated cat to put amongst the pigeons: when you grow up wearing the red and white, playing the game every day, admiring players like Provan, Raper, Gaznier, Smith, Langlands, Clay, King … every weekend … you develop a sense of which players ‘fit’ the jersey. One look at Volkmann and I’m confident he belongs and is a very talented footy player. I’m looking forward to watching him play.
Totally agree Mojo, Volkman hasnt developed that sense of entitlement and just wants to prove himself and Moreso that he belongs.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm not disagreeing with anyone Mam would be great for the Dragons, but I have a hypothetical question for everyone, " Have we not learnt our lesson in luring a Broncos / Qld half to come to the Dragons on big money " He may look good now because of the pack he is with but what will he look like with ours, and when do the complaints start about who we have and who we cant get. I'm now very wary of anyone coming to the Dragons on huge money just to be a mercenary, I would at least prefer some Dragons DNA.
100% about the Dragons DNA justa.

Lennyb

Juniors
I hear ya, our junior pack is building though. He deserves a big pay rise and we have the cash. The only problem I see is that Hunt will want to stay. Kyle can fill Hunts spot on way less coin.

possm

Coach
RE Mam,

Yes, we have Hunt on around 900k. I say, swap Hunt for Mam and by doing so, rid the Drgaons of it's cultural wow.

Pair K Flanno and Mam and see how they go in early 2024. If it does not gel, then move Flannagan to hooker and pair Vulkman and Mam however, I feel Flannagan will stip up in 2024 and with some new young fit forwards coming through, I'd say we will see a much different Dragons side in 2024.

Nutz

Bench
Yes, we have Hunt on around 900k. I say, swap Hunt for Mam and by doing so, rid the Drgaons of it's cultural wow.

Pair K Flanno and Mam and see how they go in early 2024. If it does not gel, then move Flannagan to hooker and pair Vulkman and Mam however, I feel Flannagan will stip up in 2024 and with some new young fit forwards coming through, I'd say we will see a much different Dragons side in 2024.
I'd do everything to get Mam. I'd kidnap him and hipnotise [spelling] him and say "you really want to join the dragons" over and over.
If that fails, tie him up on a chair and make him listen to the song by Joe Dolce "Shaddap you Face" on endless loop until he agrees to sign.