What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Mojo

Bench
I think the limited signings since Flanno have been spot-on. I’m actually glad we missed AFB (and I’m also glad Ryles reneged). We still have a few spots to fill, for sure. Build a team first. ‘Stars‘ will be attracted - or, preferably, will emerge.
‘Build it and they will come’.

justadragon

Bench
I think people forget what actually happened.
Hunt said he hoped that the board would back in his friend, Anthony Griffin, because they were building and he didn’t want to “start again”
Then they fired Griffin and Hunt asked for a release shortly after.
That’s it, that’s all. It’s personal.
it may have been personal Crush. But he allowed it to become very public. Notwithstanding he was also the club captain.

matPORTS

Juniors
Panthers possibly to squeeze Luke Garner & Zac Hosking.

Hosking is already being heavily courted by the Raiders (for 2025).

Garner is a no nonsense back rower who got his start under Ivan Cleary during his short stint as Tigers coach. Could be very handy on a conservative deal (1-2 years) during this early part of the Shane Flannagan re-build.

Parko1310

Juniors
Panthers possibly to squeeze Luke Garner & Zac Hosking.

Hosking is already being heavily courted by the Raiders (for 2025).

Garner is a no nonsense back rower who got his start under Ivan Cleary during his short stint as Tigers coach. Could be very handy on a conservative deal (1-2 years) during this early part of the Shane Flannagan re-build.
One of the best hole runners in the competition. Underrated player. If we land Luki and retain Su'a, I'm not sure we'd need him though. Although, quality depth is always good, and Garner played a fair bit of reserves for the premiers last season. Maybe move Jack Bird on (don't take up mutual option) and get Garner in. If we can manage to sign up Luki and re-sign Su'a, I'd be really comfortable with our second row depth having Luki, Garner and Ryan Couchman competing for a spot on the opposite edge of Su'a.

Parko1310

Juniors
All the Luki talk seems to have gone away so I feel he is more or less staying in Qld.
Maybe, maybe not. He's got a lot of competition up in Nth Qld for second row spots. It makes sense for him to move on if he wants to further his career and really show what he can do. He's good enough to start at back row in the NRL, he shouldn't be on the bench or playing reserves. It's gone quiet because Flanagan said he was going to shut up. You have to remember how much control Flanno has over what does and doesn't get published in the media because of his relationships developed over the last few years with journos. It's the same reason the media haven't beat us up this off season like they absolutely loved doing last year.

Victoire

Juniors
So we went all in for Dearden and lost, we didn't land Welsby, and we probably won't land Manu. Presumably we're in the market for a half/five-eighth and looking to make a big splash there. Here's who I think we should go for:

Jonah Pezet.

Not a big name, not a rep player at all, but a possible investment in the future and maybe even a Nicho Hynes-esque signing. Storm have both Munster and Hughes signed long term (and they're both vice captains of the club) so if he wants an opportunity he needs to look elsewhere (like Hynes did). He was a superstar at junior level, in his limited appearances at NRL level he's looked classy, and we'll likely see even more of him this year given he had a collarbone injury during the origin period in 23. Take the punt. Offer him Hynes money. He isn't off contract next year unfortunately so something will need to be done behind the scenes but give it a crack imo.

Victoire

Juniors
Flanno's newbies on deck

Ron Volks
240108_dra_training-14.jpg

Allan
240108_dra_training-16.jpg

Eisenhuth
231205_dra_training-28.jpg

Flanno Jr
240108_dra_training-41.jpg

Sele
231205_dra_training-62.jpg

blacksafake

First Grade
So we went all in for Dearden and lost, we didn't land Welsby, and we probably won't land Manu. Presumably we're in the market for a half/five-eighth and looking to make a big splash there. Here's who I think we should go for:

Jonah Pezet.

Not a big name, not a rep player at all, but a possible investment in the future and maybe even a Nicho Hynes-esque signing. Storm have both Munster and Hughes signed long term (and they're both vice captains of the club) so if he wants an opportunity he needs to look elsewhere (like Hynes did). He was a superstar at junior level, in his limited appearances at NRL level he's looked classy, and we'll likely see even more of him this year given he had a collarbone injury during the origin period in 23. Take the punt. Offer him Hynes money. He isn't off contract next year unfortunately so something will need to be done behind the scenes but give it a crack imo.
Mentioned this before but better clubs than us have spoken to him in recent years but apparently he’s more than happy learning his craft under Bellamy etc & biding his time.