What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

justadragon

Bench
Thanks for posting Hewi.
Interesting comment about he who shall remain nameless picking “experienced” players ahead of junior’s like himself.
The previous two coaches were notorious for picking journeyman knowing what they’ll get without having to actually coach.
Yep too true blacksafake, throw Harran into the mix and you have the perfect recipe for debacle !!!

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
As expected
Foxsports today

Dragons CEO Ryan Webb defended the club for how they approached the matter and letting an unregistered Volkman train.

“As part of the medical assessment, he participated in restricted training,” Webb told the SMH.

“He presented on the Thursday, the medical team assessed him, he did some modified training, which was a continuation of that medical assessment, and the red flags got stronger.”

blacksafake

First Grade
As expected
Foxsports today

Dragons CEO Ryan Webb defended the club for how they approached the matter and letting an unregistered Volkman train.

“As part of the medical assessment, he participated in restricted training,” Webb told the SMH.

“He presented on the Thursday, the medical team assessed him, he did some modified training, which was a continuation of that medical assessment, and the red flags got stronger.”
Yep,
How else do you have a medical to play NRL without actually do anything?🤔
By answering questions from a doctor only such as any niggles, yes doc a bit of discomfort in my shoulder but it’s nothing to be concerned about 🙄

BIG RIG

Juniors
Well there is no off contract halves on the market so they gonna have to find someone from NSW or QLD cup or hope that a club falls into cap trouble same goes for the hooker role

Tbh we need another outside back option after Corey Allan’s injury , I’d personally just sign Tautau Moga back up for 1 more year as he did a decent job

BIG RIG

Juniors
A couple names thrown around as player’s potentially being pushed out by their current clubs are both Anthony Milford and Zac Woolford both could be handy pickups for 1 yr as depth options , even someone like Corey Paix could be handy as he is potentially on the outer at the Bronx

SAP58

Juniors
Well there is no off contract halves on the market so they gonna have to find someone from NSW or QLD cup or hope that a club falls into cap trouble same goes for the hooker role

Tbh we need another outside back option after Corey Allan’s injury , I’d personally just sign Tautau Moga back up for 1 more year as he did a decent job
Please NO my grandmother is faster, he has seen better days IMO.

As expected
Foxsports today

The rules as per the RLPA are that a player is not allowed to train with a club until he/she is signed.
This Webb fellow is openly admitting that Volkman trained with the club, he threw in "restricted".
It doesn't matter, he trained with the club, as admitted to.
You'll get a slight slap on the wrist.
Luckily something else didn't happen, otherwise you'd be up shyte creek.

possm

Coach

I'm tired of just buying average to below-average players.

We have the cash to sign marquee players. Go for it.

Prop
Fullback
Five-eighth
Hooker
Swap Hunt for a marquee halfback

dragon thomo

Juniors
I asked before. Has anyone got news in regards to Metcalfe from the Warriors.It was suggested that we were looking at him. Also i feel Tyson Gamble had a good season last year and is still on the market for 2025.

Crush

Coach
I'm tired of just buying average to below-average players.

We have the cash to sign marquee players. Go for it.

Prop
Fullback
Five-eighth
Hooker
Swap Hunt for a marquee halfback
They have been “going for it”.
They’ve tried to get AFB, Manu, Deardon, Tracey, and however many others. It’s not lack of trying, it’s been the lack of ability to land the signing.
Forget the marquee signing for a while, not going to happen. Only way up is with the blokes we have got, then look for the marquee signings once we are out of the bottom half of table.

Dragon David

First Grade
They’ve tried to get AFB, Manu, Deardon, Tracey, and however many others. It’s not lack of trying, it’s been the lack of ability to land the signing.
Forget the marquee signing for a while, not going to happen. Only way up is with the blokes we have got, then look for the marquee signings once we are out of the bottom half of table.
I agree Crush. Forget about the marquee signing(s) for a good time. Who knows, we might be able to create a marquee ourselves with one or two of the player coming through? A marquee starts from somewhere in his career. It might as well be one in our club which hopefully Flanno can create.

kit66

Bench

c6cb86ca554b8cdab23569bb2440a78b.jpg

TheRev

Coach
Yup we took our shots and missed all of them.. and tbf.. we only 'just' missed AFB... he could have fast-tracked us 1-2yrs if he'd come onboard.. what hurts is that we now have to wait till November to shoot for contracts in 2026.. omg.. I know this is pessimistic.. but that is a long way away... and we could have 2 spoons before we get a decent external recruit.. you cant undo years of apathy (without a cheat code like Gould/Bennett/Bellamy).

p.s. I'm sure Flanno will find some names before then.. but it'll have to be sneaky back door negotiations for 2025 or possibly 1 in 2024 if he leaves a spot free... but this is hard to pull off.. and it relies on the other clubs agreeing to the early release... its not the way you want to do it if you have any other choice.

Last edited:

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
First the Sharks steal Tonegato from under our noses.............the gun !

Then sign her to a 3 year contract

Then AFB on the market and he becomes a Shark while they were quiet as a mouse negotiating !

fishy business making the Dragons look like Mullet and the Sharks like the kings of the sea