What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

SBD82

Coach
If

If they don’t improve the statement will be proved wrong.

I agree with clueless and especially in attack and that gave all our opposition an easy ride and they conserved energy whereas when they attacked us we expended the entire fuel tank.

So what concerns me with the fitness argument is maybe we were close to as fit as this lot could be and the trouble was we never gassed a team completely due to ineptness.

So unless we improve our attack many, many times over the other teams will always conserve energy and we will never cope despite how fit we are.

Do the attack coaches have the ability to do that???? I’m pretty confident our defence coach doesn’t.
A 10 - 30% improvement in our attack shouldn’t be hard to achieve.

What’s 30% of non-existent?

Old Timer

Coach
A 10 - 30% improvement in our attack shouldn’t be hard to achieve.

What’s 30% of non-existent?
Interesting posters harping on about improved fitness will do this do that and for some they hang their hat on that and big improvement will be evident game 1 and maybe there is truth in that.

IMO there is something more important than fitness, attack, defence to improve and it will need to be evident in spades from game 1 and that is is the team still dumb?

Being a team of fit dumbf**ks won’t cut it.

Dumb has been the teams worst enemy in close losses more than fitness ever was and dumb has been there for a long, long, long time.

TheRev

First Grade
To be fair, the guys we recruited were not part of Flannos masterplan.. we missed dozens of players (and those are just the ones we knew about), in the end we had to take a) who would come and b) who could get a release.

But there is no point crying about it.. our club is still trying to climb out of the toilet... and this is the best we could do to improve our chances for 2024.. and with under a month to go, I'm pretty thankful we were able to do something at all to be honest... AFB would have changed everything.. but atleast we arent playing Russell, Burns, Feagai now..

We just have to hope that Ciraldo/Benji suck as coaches causes everyone heres been laughing at them, but I love what they have been doing with their rosters over the last few years.. we have a journey ahead of us still.

SBD82

Coach
Interesting posters harping on about improved fitness will do this do that and for some they hang their hat on that and big improvement will be evident game 1 and maybe there is truth in that.

IMO there is something more important than fitness, attack, defence to improve and it will need to be evident in spades from game 1 and that is is the team still dumb?

Dumb has been the teams worst enemy in close losses more than fitness ever was and dumb has been there for a long, long, long time.
I take your point.

But I’d still prefer a fit dumbf**k over an unfit dumbf**k.

justadragon

Bench
I think Hook was the worst coach in the history of the joint venture. They looked clueless in attack and defense. They looked unfit, ill disciplined and unhappy.
For this reason I do not think that any player has been playing to their ceiling.
If guys like Sloan regress then this statement will be proven wrong.
It is laughable, and what were supposedly the primary reasons we hired him as coach, oh yes, Discipline , the management of juniors, and best of all a defensive coach. The only coach I know proudly sponsored by Gaviscon and Coke No Sugar !!!

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I believe those who have "reached the ceiling" have been identified and tapped. It's just unfortunate that the majority of those have contracts for this season and have not (yet) moved on, even though they've been encouraged to do so. Shameful they were given such extended contractual time.

The others now have an opportunity to obtain/strive for a ceiling far greater than they have envisioned previously, be that by improved fitness, coaching or simply just being able to.

I'm not expecting miracles here, as I believe those dumbf*'^:# will still prevail until all of those at their 'ceiling' are eventually exited.

Dragon for life

Juniors
All Flanno has to do is coach better and improve each player by 10 , 20 and 30 percent more and the team will improve, even without our any signings .......
Yeah i agree. I thought we had a half decent roster, just a poor game plan. If the backs learn more then one backline move we might trouble a few teams. I honestly think we’ll be close to the 8

Dragon David

First Grade

Agreed. They can be as fit as a fiddle and play for a straight 160 minutes but will still do dumb, useless, not thinking with their head things to lose the game in the 159th minute for giving away a stupid penalty that could have been avoided. I know that games go for 80 minutes but I like to exaggerate a bit from time to time.

SEAT 1A

Bench
I believe those who have "reached the ceiling" have been identified and tapped. It's just unfortunate that the majority of those have contracts for this season and have not (yet) moved on, even though they've been encouraged to do so. Shameful they were given such extended contractual time.

The others now have an opportunity to obtain/strive for a ceiling far greater than they have envisioned previously, be that by improved fitness, coaching or simply just being able to.

I'm not expecting miracles here, as I believe those dumbf*'^:# will still prevail until all of those at their 'ceiling' are eventually exited.

I may be naive regarding players motivation however, the passed coaches have missed the mark on the relationship with the players to allow them to reach their ceiling.

From what I've read Flanno has invested a lot off the field and on the field in preseason to motivate the players.

All signings have some type of risk, dramas or overs. At some stage, we have signed players with all of them.

To be honest, I'm happy with RFM, he was a club captain and if we sign the Manly winger, it seems he's wants to play under Flanno.

Illusion

Bench
I may be naive regarding players motivation however, the passed coaches have missed the mark on the relationship with the players to allow them to reach their ceiling.

From what I've read Flanno has invested a lot off the field and on the field in preseason to motivate the players.

All signings have some type of risk, dramas or overs. At some stage, we have signed players with all of them.

To be honest, I'm happy with RFM, he was a club captain and if we sign the Manly winger, it seems he's wants to play under Flanno.
"To be honest, I'm happy with RFM" agree for what is available I feel it is a good pick-up ........ He will stiffen up our pack and hopefully others will follow .......

Gardenia

Juniors
Yeah i agree. I thought we had a half decent roster, just a poor game plan. If the backs learn more then one backline move we might trouble a few teams. I honestly think we’ll be close to the 8
No way do we have a decent roster. We have had to move reserve graders up before ready and buy other teams rejects for the past 5 years. There is only 4 maybe 5 must keeps in our roster.

Sorry

Thats how I see it

Dragon David

First Grade
Agreed. He was appointed as Captain of a team so he would be of good character. I think there has been a clash and someone higher up at the dogs ego has been hurt .
I think that the hurt person is Ciraldo who most probably cried on the shoulder of Gould for support.