What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
Agree with everything you say. If Flano is fair dinkum I'm hoping he realizes before it is too late. Same reason contributed to Hooks demise.
Sounds good to me too. Except I want the less heftier Couchman twins to stay in the back row to better utilise their pace and skills. I see Halanaghu as a bookend with ball skills in the mould of the one that got away, AFB.
Just remember guys that the next two matches are trials and if Bird stuffs up and doesn't perform the way that Flanno is wanting him to, then come comp start against the Titans I'm sure that Bird might be left right out. Let's see what develops in the next couple of weeks.

Last edited:

randomdragon

Juniors
Just remember guys that the next two matches are trials and if Bird stuffs up and doesn't perform they way that Flanno is wanting him to, then come comp start against the Titans I'm sure that Bird might be left right out. Let's see what develops in the next couple of weeks.
I don’t understand the bird hate. Give him a chance. If he doesn’t perform flano will drop him, if he does then zac will play wing and we have 2 elite wingers

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I don’t understand the bird hate. Give him a chance. If he doesn’t perform flano will drop him, if he does then zac will play wing and we have 2 elite wingers

This is 100% correct.
Bird is an enigma, however, in previous seasons he had been overweight, unfit and uninspired. A fit, lean and inspired Bird would be a huge asset to our team. If he proves to remain as Bird of the last couple of seasons then yeah Flanno won't hesitate to drop him, a fact that Bird knows already.

There are too many options for someone to usurp him. And it's why we went after Tuipolotu.

Zac on the wing gives him more room, and adds a height advantage, which includes actually catching the ball. Something we have been creamed on so many times with a smaller winger like Feagai. It's a very smart move.

SAP58

Juniors
This is 100% correct.
Bird is an enigma, however, in previous seasons he had been overweight, unfit and uninspired. A fit, lean and inspired Bird would be a huge asset to our team. If he proves to remain as Bird of the last couple of seasons then yeah Flanno won't hesitate to drop him, a fact that Bird knows already.

There are too many options for someone to usurp him. And it's why we went after Tuipolotu.

Zac on the wing gives him more room, and adds a height advantage, which includes actually catching the ball. Something we have been creamed on so many times with a smaller winger like Feagai. It's a very smart move.
He was 5-10kg overweight last year no wonder he had so many injuries. We will see on Saturday how much he has trimmed down & whether Flanno can get a better attitude from him including the arm grabbing in defence that he has done consistantly over the past couple of years due to being overweight, unfit & too slow as a result.

dragon64

Juniors
This is 100% correct.

I'm confident Flanno will bring out the best in a lot of these guys, what they have been lacking under the previous coaching. It's going to take time but like what was stated bird knows where he stands and I reckon we will see a completely different player in him during the year.

rasaint

Juniors
I will be cheering Luc on ( subject to actually being signed). At the moment we need another good attacking backrower and Sua ( top class) and Luc together will be interesting. Also, Ben Hunt ( fab player) will be so much more confident.
Yes, Luc imo is not top class but could be. Please don’t pay overs ( $700k tops) Flanno and best wishes coach.

True_Believer

Juniors
This is 100% correct.

I think having Zac on the wing also gives him a good perspective of the position and what a winger needs from a centre. I would hope that might help him with his game at centre and how he plays with future wingers.

TheRev

First Grade
I don't see the point in writing off players before we even begin.. just enjoy saturday and the tigers trial.. sweep out all the 'facts' from last year and lets see how they look fitter and faster and with a coach.

Also we will need to give them some space to work on their combinations... we arent going to have panthers oir storm like defence overnight.. but I am genuinely hoping for 50% better defence than 2023..

Dragon David

First Grade

blacksafake

First Grade
This is 100% correct.

He’s apparently dropped 10-12 kilos

Latest posts