What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

nrlnrl

First Grade
Was it just me But watching two of our future signings in action left me completely underwhelmed
Safiti@ Newc was slow , laborious and disinterested
Holmes@Cows was completely out played by Staggs
Hopefully these are signs only of being distracted and disillusioned with their current Clubs as the reach for the Exit door
Didnt fill me with a lot of optimism
No need to worry about them as future signings.

Dragon David

First Grade
No need to worry about them as future signings.
Well Flanno's trip to Townsville was a waste of time. How long has it been that the club knew Lomax was going and yet they have not signed up a recognised replacement seeing that someone has said that neither Saifiti and Holmes are not coming to us?

It just blows my mind how utterly useless the Dragons are at recruiting anyone and in the end we sign rejects, journeymen and hand me downs who plod along with the rest of the squad singing
we win some and we lose more, ladeladela!
It really pisses me off and I am taking the piss on this whole Signings situation. What an absolute joke. They cannot enlist anyone decent to fight in the trenches and win the battles. Bottom of the table forever we are. I am really taking the piss. Shit, Shit, Shit Recruiters.

qld redvee

Juniors
"Corey Horsburgh spotted at Canterbury Leagues club today with Bulldogs staff, is he Belmore bound?"

Yep, another one not coming to us by the sounds of things. :mad: :mad: :mad:
A week ago corey wanted to play for us , now dogs swoop . obviously another clean out coming from Gus to fit players in . well back to the drawing board shane ,, maybe we have to offer a little more to get players instead of maybe low ball offers

BIG RIG

Juniors
Well my source was not on the money , but Holmes has said he is keen to stay but the Cowboys don’t seem to reciprocate that sentiment so seems there is still somethings up in the with that deal

pretty much up to the Cowboys whether they want to free there cap

twinkletoes

Juniors
We have all said it many, many times that until we get a full time, well connected recruitment manager ( not Shane Millard) we are no chance. How ridiculous having Flano going to Townsville for a day last Thursday to try and coax Holmes down here when he should be fully concentrated on coaching the team...the man is only human and can only do so much by himself.

TheRev

First Grade
The dogs would have to potentially pay full freight on Horsburgh, they are the gurus on dodgy deals, but they have to pay the contract minus whatever the raiders are gonna cough up.. so id say we are still in the conversation perhaps.. but were definitely not gonna be his 1st choice.

Holmes nothing is confirmed yet.. still a chance id say but less than ideal.. lets hope sanity prevails there.. the cows cant make him go, but it really seems like a win-win to offload his money and they play one of their 2 gun junior centres.

justadragon

Bench
The dogs would have to potentially pay full freight on Horsburgh, they are the gurus on dodgy deals, but they have to pay the contract minus whatever the raiders are gonna cough up.. so id say we are still in the conversation perhaps.. but were definitely not gonna be his 1st choice.

Holmes nothing is confirmed yet.. still a chance id say but less than ideal.. lets hope sanity prevails there.. the cows cant make him go, but it really seems like a win-win to offload his money and they play one of their 2 gun junior centres.
Totally agree on dodgy deals, but here's a quote for you

Phil Gould also deserves enormous credit for the way he’s overhauled the Canterbury-Bankstown roster and set up the club’s junior pathways system to have the Bulldogs humming again.

You can call the dogs whatever you want but the results are there, meanwhile at the Dragons ............................................................................................... ??

TheRev

First Grade
Totally agree on dodgy deals, but here's a quote for you

Phil Gould also deserves enormous credit for the way he’s overhauled the Canterbury-Bankstown roster and set up the club’s junior pathways system to have the Bulldogs humming again.

You can call the dogs whatever you want but the results are there, meanwhile at the Dragons ............................................................................................... ??
I'm one of Goulds biggest fans, I listed to him on his podcast and 100% footy each week...I just wish we were as dodgy tbh... feel like one of the few teams playing by the rules over the last decade.

It is a bit of a love/hate relationship with Gould though now that he is a twist of self-interest in everything he does on behalf of the dogs.

56to66

Juniors
I'm one of Goulds biggest fans, I listed to him on his podcast and 100% footy each week...I just wish we were as dodgy tbh... feel like one of the few teams playing by the rules over the last decade.

It is a bit of a love/hate relationship with Gould though now that he is a twist of self-interest in everything he does on behalf of the dogs.
We need to resurrect Frank Facer!

hewi

Bench
Hope he recovers fully and quickly.

registered-breach-pixel

NRL 2024: Hame Sele likely to be ruled out for season with serious heart condition, cardiologists to conduct an echocardiogram​

Hame Sele is almost certain to be ruled out for the rest of the season with a serious heart condition which can be deadly if untreated. See what the next steps are for the Dragons prop

2 min read
August 12, 2024 - 4:00PM
News Sport Network
https://archive.md/ao4G8/again?url=.../83a2ee6411fa1363b802541c9b2c7f45#share-tools

St George Illawarra prop Hame Sele is almost certain to be ruled out for the rest of this season after being diagnosed with pericardial effusion, a serious heart condition which can be deadly if untreated.
Cardiologists were due to consult with Sele on Monday afternoon and conduct an echocardiogram, which uses sound waves to reveal how blood flows through the heart and heart valves.
Sele, 27, who previously played for Penrith and Souths, was transferred from emergency to a ward at St George Private Hospital on Monday.
A Sydney doctor claimed it would be “highly unlikely” that Sele would play again this season.
Sele came from the field with shortness of breath and chest pains during the Dragons game against Canterbury at Kogarah on Saturday night and was taken to hospital by ambulance.
Doctors claim Sele is suffering from pericardial effusion, which is fluid around the sack of his heart. He is taking antibiotics to reduce the inflammation.
There is no time frame around when Sele may be released from hospital or when he could return to rugby league.
Hame Sele has been diagnosed with pericardial effusion. Picture: Jeremy Ng/Getty Images

Hame Sele has been diagnosed with pericardial effusion. Picture: Jeremy Ng/Getty Images
Test results will provide the answer but it is becoming increasingly unlikely Sele – a former Australian Schoolboy and NSW under 20s player – will play again this season.
With just four rounds remaining, a leading Sydney doctor said: “It would be highly unlikely he would play again within a four to six week time frame. We’re dealing with the heart, which can be medically catastrophic and fatal.
“There can be lots of repercussions with cardiac illness. You’re not going to take any risks until you’re absolutely certain everything is okay.

https://archive.md/o/ao4G8/https://...35255.ampproject.net/2406131415000/frame.html
https://archive.md/o/ao4G8/https://...35255.ampproject.net/2406131415000/frame.html
·
Follow
Hame Sele has been sent to hospital after leaving the field due to an irregular heartbeat in the first half.
✍️
BLOG http://bit.ly/4dAQTiz MATCH CENTRE http://bit.ly/3AgMxyP

c0b2a878fce2bfb4d5ee8d48991a300b6cb66fba.jpg

https://archive.md/o/ao4G8/https://...00/frame.html&in_reply_to=1822223642660385178
“Pericardial effusion can be caused by a virus and associated with other medical and viral diseases. It’s a complex problem to resolve, find its potential cause and manage.”
Sele’s condition was exacerbated after contracting a flu illness three weeks ago. His medical issues were not instigated or increased by playing rugby league.
Asked if Sele would play again this year, Dragons coach Shane Flanagan said: “I don’t know, I really don’t know.
“He is still in a bit of pain and is on antibiotics and painkillers. He’s pretty crook to be honest. It’s more about anxiety in regards to what just happened to him.
Hame Sele left Kogarah in an ambulance on Saturday night. Picture: Fox League

Hame Sele left Kogarah in an ambulance on Saturday night. Picture: Fox League
“It’s Pleurisy. You can have Pleurisy on your lungs, this is like a Pleurisy to the heart. Does he need a good break? How does he go when his heart-rate goes up? Then there’s training. I don’t know all the answers. It’s wait-and-see.
“The cardiologist is going to see him this afternoon. Hopefully the inflammation goes down. I just spoke to Hame on the phone. He has a really young family, four young girls, and they had just come to see him.
“Hame’s health is more important than anything else. There’s no mucking round when it comes to the heart.
“He has a bright future and hopefully this isn’t a long-term (illness) that we have to worry about. Hopefully it’s just a short-term stay out of the game.
The respected Mayo Clinic writes: “Pericardial effusion can put pressure on the heart, affecting how the heart works. If untreated, it may lead to heart failure or death in extreme cases.”
During commentary on the game, Fox League’s Greg Alexander said: “That’s not your run of the mill things that happen to a player, that’s alarming.

Attachments

• 1723447444665.gif
    1723447444665.gif
    42 bytes · Views: 0