What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Jubilee

Juniors
Compare that to Sloane's figures. I don't think Tyrell has to worry.

Jubilee

Juniors
Lucky Flano kept Hunt :mad: :eek:
This has been discussed before. It wasn't luck. Flanno decided we couldn't get rid of Hunt until we had someone to replace him. Sullivan wasn't going to be the man. Dearden declined. That NZ guy was injured.

The real culprit here was the poor way succession planning for halfback has been handled for 7 years now. Sullivan seemed to have the impression that he was the Crown Prince entitled to the position. No competition. Well, that is not the way to run a pro footie club. Everyone should be under pressure right through the pathways. As far as the halves go for the longer term, the club has brought in a few promising young guys to battle it out, as they should. But at the moment, we need Hunt unless we can scoop up, say, Trindall, or Atkinson.

saintmar

Juniors
This has been discussed before. It wasn't luck. Flanno decided we couldn't get rid of Hunt until we had someone to replace him. Sullivan wasn't going to be the man. Dearden declined. That NZ guy was injured.

The real culprit here was the poor way succession planning for halfback has been handled for 7 years now. Sullivan seemed to have the impression that he was the Crown Prince entitled to the position. No competition. Well, that is not the way to run a pro footie club. Everyone should be under pressure right through the pathways. As far as the halves go for the longer term, the club has brought in a few promising young guys to battle it out, as they should. But at the moment, we need Hunt unless we can scoop up, say, Trindall, or Atkinson.
Sullivan had no opportunity while “I want every play” Hunt was in the team
Agree Atkinson or Trindall would be great

Buds treatment at wt has been pretty poor.

We’ve tried to offload him, even tried in the ESL, and he hardly gets a proper game.

And despite all that he’s remained very supportive of the club and us wt fans.
He’s got a good heart.

I thought we should have stopped white-anting him and chucked everything into actually improving and trying to help him.

A $500k player is an asset, you can’t have him rotting away.

Hes in the grubby back bargain area of the wt player shop, he’s been there for ages, but you check his price tag and he should be in the window display.

Benji and his coaching staff thus far have been very poor. Low percentage player optimisers.

We bought Bud in a panic and then our inept coaching staff thought he would turn into a Munster overnight.

And a few of us, very surprised that some folk on dedicated SGI sites have been overly critical of flanno. We don’t understand it, because a lot of your players are a good chance of improving and odds on, he’s buying decent players.

Last edited:

Jubilee

Juniors
Buds treatment at wt has been pretty poor.

We’ve tried to offload him, even tried in the ESL, and he hardly gets a proper game.

And despite all that he’s remained very supportive of the club and us wt fans.
He’s got a good heart.

I thought we should have stopped white-anting him and chucked everything into actually improving and trying to help him.

A $500k player is an asset, you can’t have him rotting away.

Hes in the grubby back bargain area of the wt player shop, he’s been there for ages, but you check his price tag and he should be in the window display.

Benji and his coaching staff thus far have been very poor. Low percentage player optimisers.

We bought Bud in a panic and then our inept coaching staff thought he would turn into a Munster overnight.

And a few of us, very surprised that some folk on dedicated SGI sites have been overly critical of flanno. We don’t understand it, because a lot of your players are a good chance of improving and odds on, he’s buying decent players.
The Tigers paid overs for Sullivan and gave him too long a contract. $500k for four years! A player of his unproven status - with no competition from other clubs - should never get more than two years. And half a million? There are SoS players on that much.

I always say it, but these people identifying and bringing on the young players should be required to provide some objective criteria when they make decisions about them bcs I reckon they often believe press releases over cold objective facts.

The Tigers paid overs for Sullivan and gave him too long a contract. $500k for four years! A player of his unproven status - with no competition from other clubs - should never get more than two years. And half a million? There are SoS players on that much.

I always say it, but these people identifying and bringing on the young players should be required to provide some objective criteria when they make decisions about them bcs I reckon they often believe press releases over cold objective facts.
We just panicked.

But I get a bit upset when my club colleagues blame Bud.

As you say, it’s not his fault and if his game hasn’t been that of Munsters and he’s lived up to and exceeded all off field expectations.

We sign Luai et al, and Bud gets monstered out of the chosen few.

Hopefully JL can inspire and help him teach his potential. No man left behind if I was running the club, except most of the officials and coaching staff.

And the majority should be drug tested before being allowed to make decisions

Latest posts