What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FnF on hold for Royal Wedding

Wedding or Footy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spanner in the works

First Grade
I like historical world events like this.

When Kate passes the tomb of Issac Newton (remember that scene in the movie,The Da Vinci Code when Hanks tries to break the code with that cylinder while he is standing in front of Newton's resting place?) midway on the left hand side facing the altar,which is situated inside the cathedral as is Edward The Confessor's which is situated towards the back behind the altar.

And besides,it certainly is a relief from the disasters that have been pummeling our TV's since the start of the year.

This. It's absolutely fascinating to see events like this. Both from a modern perspective, what it means for Australia, the traditions involved in the wedding, and the hundreds of other nuances and quirks that play a role in Australian life. If I could vote in that poll, I would vote for the first option. It's spot on. It's culturally significant and the Royals do influence this country far more than the NRL. Open you wallet and check out the currency. Look at the flag. Look at how our parliament is structured. Look at the judicial system (e.g. the Crown v such and such or the reference to the Crown in legislation). You could name a thousand things. Put it this way. Do you think people in the Western and Southern states give a shit about the NRL? Besides, did anyone seriously think the football would be on over the wedding? Love my football but it's incredibly naive to even think that we had a chance.

Canard

Immortal
Maybe some of those points about how great the wedding will be are valid, but its not like Nein is the only Channel showing it, it will be on ALL the major channels, surely 1.5 hours of live footy isn't a big impost??

juro

Bench
The monarchy might have some relevance to modern Australian society, but how does the person 3rd in line to the crown matter? If he was our king, okay I might watch it, but where do you draw the line???

Paullyboy

Coach
I can understand people being interested in history or the monarchy or whatever. But at the end of the day, it's just a wedding. Nothing else.

Every wedding on earth is boring as batsh*t, people only go so they can get on it at the reception. With this wedding you effectively sit through the boredom and then get no reward at the end. That is what makes no sense to me.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I can understand people being interested in history or the monarchy or whatever. But at the end of the day, it's just a wedding. Nothing else.

Every wedding on earth is boring as batsh*t, people only go so they can get on it at the reception. With this wedding you effectively sit through the boredom and then get no reward at the end. That is what makes no sense to me.
You never know what could go wrong. Because it's live, and the fact that it's so high profile, I've heard that some morbid freaks are watching just for the slim possibility that they see a live terrorist attack.

Obvious only the wackjobs would want that, but there's other things that could go wrong. For example, Kate tripping over her dress infront of a billion people. That would be lolsworthy.

juro

Bench
You never know what could go wrong. Because it's live, and the fact that it's so high profile, I've heard that some morbid freaks are watching just for the slim possibility that they see a live terrorist attack.

Obvious only the wackjobs would want that, but there's other things that could go wrong. For example, Kate tripping over her dress infront of a billion people. That would be lolsworthy.
But we need to wait an hour to see Souffs vs Cronulla, which definitely will be lolsworthy!

Hutty1986

Immortal

Maybe Sandow can give her some field goal tips for extra lol's

BunniesMan

Immortal
But we need to wait an hour to see Souffs vs Cronulla, which definitely will be lolsworthy!
lolsworthy for souths fans who will be full of lols at souths haters as they cry into their hot chocolate as we smash the sharks and begin our charge for the top 4

to_ddeath

Coach
Make Souffs and Scumulla play live at 10.30, finish at half 12. Then we'd be compensated properly for the delay due to Prince Whoeverthef*ck & Kate Whatsherfrigginame....

T.

Dazraider

Juniors
Football was always going to take a backseat to this and so it should. Besides, it will be nice to see a culturally significant event on the television. If you want to watch football when it's on then go to the game. Or if you can't get to a game then go out to dinner with your family, go to the theatre, a concert or something. Pretty easy huh?

not that easy as made out to be mate, some people have familys that they simply cant afford to pay the expensive price at the game restuarants theatres and single people as well have strict budget, easy if you have money floating around but not all do so that is just a dumb ass remark to make.
and its not like the King,Queen have anything to do with Australians anymore as the commonwealth is just a load of rubbish as well,only good for the commonwealth games.
Plus there are so many other channels so why cant they just show on the others or the league on the others?
and I agree with most that WHO GIVES A RATS about someone getting married, its only a tradition that is old as sacrificing virgins and that doesnt happen anymore so cant see what the big deal is about this

CC_Roosters

First Grade
So have 9 changed there mind or what in NSW? or is this change of heart just for QLD. The TV guide on foxtel stills says live friday night football at 8.30, the fact that it says live is a disgrace on their part

Ian_Brown

Juniors
You lot are part of the colonies.

You will respect and adhere to our every whim.

You had your chance at republicanism and you blew it. Now you will enjoy yourselves.

nrlnrl

First Grade
So have 9 changed there mind or what in NSW? or is this change of heart just for QLD. The TV guide on foxtel stills says live friday night football at 8.30, the fact that it says live is a disgrace on their part

yeah, blame them because they've taken the info from Channel 9 - that's part of the agreement with other channels supplying the info, Foxtel don't edit it, just pass on what is given to them...

no name

Coach
yeah, blame them because they've taken the info from Channel 9 - that's part of the agreement with other channels supplying the info, Foxtel don't edit it, just pass on what is given to them...

Mmmm, I don't think he was blaming Foxtel, just naming his source for the TV guide.

bobmar28

Bench
This. It's absolutely fascinating to see events like this. Both from a modern perspective, what it means for Australia, the traditions involved in the wedding, and the hundreds of other nuances and quirks that play a role in Australian life. If I could vote in that poll, I would vote for the first option. It's spot on. It's culturally significant and the Royals do influence this country far more than the NRL. Open you wallet and check out the currency. Look at the flag. Look at how our parliament is structured. Look at the judicial system (e.g. the Crown v such and such or the reference to the Crown in legislation). You could name a thousand things. Put it this way. Do you think people in the Western and Southern states give a shit about the NRL? Besides, did anyone seriously think the football would be on over the wedding? Love my football but it's incredibly naive to even think that we had a chance.

I would prefer to have an Australian as our head of state. Someone chosen on merit, not birthright.

Latest posts