What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FnF on hold for Royal Wedding

Wedding or Footy

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GraniteGuy

Juniors
I heard Sam Burgess was originally chosen by the prince to hand over the ring, but then he changed his mind. Can't think why?

El Diablo

Post Whore
I just can't understand why channel 9 can't put the League on GEM or the GO channel FFS. I don't want a 1 hour delay on the league for a bullshit wedding that all the other stations are showing anyway.

they can't put it on GEM because the wedding will also be on GEM

i wish they would put the NRL on GEM in HD though

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Please tell me you're a female! :sarcasm:
Nope, but does has something in common with most females, an attraction to boys.

I can't wait for the royal wedding.............to be over so I don't have to hear about it.

beads6

First Grade
they can't put it on GEM because the wedding will also be on GEM

i wish they would put the NRL on GEM in HD though

9 are pathetic why do League watchers have to miss out time after time for crap that nobody likes. Why should the wedding get 9 and Gem FFS I hate 9 god hlep us if they get the rights for NRL again.

juro

Bench
Why would they bother showing the same thing on 2 of their own channels? That makes absolutely no sense to me...

GongPanther

Referee
I like historical world events like this.

When Kate passes the tomb of Issac Newton (remember that scene in the movie,The Da Vinci Code when Hanks tries to break the code with that cylinder while he is standing in front of Newton's resting place?) midway on the left hand side facing the altar,which is situated inside the cathedral as is Edward The Confessor's which is situated towards the back behind the altar.

And besides,it certainly is a relief from the disasters that have been pummeling our TV's since the start of the year.

bobmar28

Bench
The wedding is pretty big world news guys, as much as you want to believe it otherwise it would be a ratings disaster for 9 to show the footy whilst the wedding is on. Can't want for the wedding on Friday!

This is a gee up, right?

bobmar28

Bench
I've just read in the age that (due to the lack of league over the Easter holidays) AFL is claiming a massive 1.4 million viewers for their Anzac day 'blockbuster'. AFL is even on live Friday night FFS and I will probably watch some of it as there will be nothing else but the wedding. There is no way I will be watching a couple of snobs get married.

Somebody (IC) has to do something about channel nine. Put them at the back of the line for the rights negotiations.

Moffo

Referee
I love Kate, and I love the theatrics behind the wedding!

What colour do u think princess kates dress will be? Can't wait!

Hope William gets to be the duke of the county he wants as well

Big night ahead fo jizzle

Paullyboy

Coach
To be honest, if I was at home on Friday night and the only two options were AFL or the wedding - even I'd consider watching AFL.

The real winner in all this is going to be alcohol.

seaeagle sam

They can't put the game live on Gem or any other digital channel where those who don't have digital can't see it. It has to be on Nein because it broadcasts to both analogue and digital. Anti-siphoning 101.

In saying this, didn't AFL/seven recently get one off permission to broadcast on a non-analogue aligned digital channel?

BunniesMan

Immortal
I've just read in the age that (due to the lack of league over the Easter holidays) AFL is claiming a massive 1.4 million viewers for their Anzac day 'blockbuster'. AFL is even on live Friday night FFS and I will probably watch some of it as there will be nothing else but the wedding. There is no way I will be watching a couple of snobs get married.

Somebody (IC) has to do something about channel nine. Put them at the back of the line for the rights negotiations.
first and last rights mate. They have the right to keep the rights as long as they're willing to pay as much as anyone else. With the pricks at 10 cutting costs and 7 investing big time in the AFL it won't surprise me at all if 9 is our only fta channel again.

Paullyboy

Coach
Anyone who thinks 9 won't have a similar amount of rugby league as they do now is kidding themselves. The only possible change is maybe another channel getting MNF or a Sunday game live.

Brutus

Referee
To be honest, if I was at home on Friday night and the only two options were AFL or the wedding - even I'd consider watching AFL.

The real winner in all this is going to be alcohol.

The real winner will be SBS. It's a good watch on a Friday night. ;0

Latest posts