What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FNF R2 - Dragons v Knights - *Live Scores & Discussion*

Anon

Bench
Knights couldn't win a game without Buderus and John until

Brian Smith came to town

.....and played a Dragon's side missing Woolford, Poore, Young, Head, Gasnier, Cooper & Morris :roll:

Raider_69

Post Whore
the knights have had abit of luck already this season, but as they say, you can only beat whats put infront of you.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Stranger said:
Canberra next :p

should be a much easy feat to over come then your past 2 opponets
especially if we improve dramatically this week... the worst thing for newcastle would be if we got smashed again this week, 2 beltings usually means we come up on fire for game 3, and the opposition tend to take us lightly.

Frederick

Staff member
Anon said:
.....and played a Dragon's side missing Woolford, Poore, Young, Head, Gasnier, Cooper & Morris :roll:
Come up with as many excuses as you want. Fact remains: Your team could not beat Newcastle when Johns and Buderus were out. Congtatulations, the Dragons will forever be etched in history for their loss tonight.

Bicey_18

Bench
Im actually worried bout Canberra..... danger game for sure!

Our record sucks down there, havent ever beaten them at night in Canberra and well I just hope we dont go there thinking we just have turn up cos we'll get caned

BG

Juniors
Hurriflatch said:
The thing that is different at Newcastle is Johns.

Brian Smith can coach the side to the grand final qualifer then Johns takes over.

True. Grand finals are always won by big game players in the key positions. Not by the coaches. Consistency throughout the season is much more of a coaching issue -- which is why Smithy's so great.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Well played Knights, did enough to win a scrappy match

The Dragons on the other hand... throughly ashamed of that gutless, inept performance... Possibly the only team in the league that consistently puts teams on the rack and then fails to put them away. I thought this was a new Saints side, especially after last weeks gutsy win and a good finals series in 2006. But tonight it was same sh*t, different match. F*cking woeful :roll:

Hutty1986

Immortal
Captain_Fred said:
Come up with as many excuses as you want. Fact remains: Your team could not beat Newcastle when Johns and Buderus were out. Congtatulations, the Dragons will forever be etched in history for their loss tonight.

Pfft excuses? Its REALITY, there's a difference

Both teams can play much better than what they showed tonight at full strength

strewth_mate

Bench
Not a real good game as far as good games go, in fact kind of boring at the start with all the stops and starts. Thought the big emphasis in post-match talk would have been on high tackles and inconsistent refs again, but I'm a bit surprised it hasn't gone there yet...

This game doesn't prove a great deal about either side, except perhaps they have the tenacity required to grind games when needed, and it was a good display of scrambling defense for a while, plus another night that belonged to the youngsters. A lot of talent coming through.

I would have been disappointed if this game ended up as a blowout, because it didn't deserve it. Was probably a one-sided match to the Knights as far as penalties and advantages go, and they really did struggle to make an impression on a good Dragons side at times, but I love clashes between these teams and once the game got past the ridiculous ref self-indulgence, it was certainly interesting.

juggalo_strit

Juniors
Just got back from the game - went with a few mates who support the Dragons.....
Not a bad game, not the best of spectacles to watch but it was a close a close game all the way through. Was quite dissapointed with the crowd (approx12,500) especially when a quarter of them left with 7 minutes to go with their team down by 4 points! I couldn't believe my eyes when i was seeing that.
MOM = Ben Creagh.
A quick mention to the Dragons Army you were very quiet, here is a good song to sing - "YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING, YOU ONLY SING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING, SING WHEN YOU'RE WINNING!

And finally i outlayed $5 on doubles on the main game - got Newcastle correct, i just needed Hornby to score first for the Dragons.

This Year?

Immortal
Good win for the Knights early in the season without Joey and Bedsy. The Dragons forwards seemed lost at times after losing Woolford (who would have been handy later in the match) early to injury, making a lot of errors. I thought the Tighe try was off a forward pass, but those are the breaks. It would have been nice to have 2/2 but oh well. The Knights forwards were good and Kidley had a good game and deserved MOM.

The Dragons did well to hang in there, but their defence wasn't great, bunching up in the middle and exposing the inexperienced outside backs. It was frustrating as a Dragons fan watching them lose a game that they could have won, but usually I don't see a win from them until round 3 or 4.

17yr old Chase was good on debut and hopefully we'll see a lot more of him in weeks to come. Josh Morris was also good and I think both of these players have good futures with the Dragons. I think Williams inexperience in 1st grade showed tonight and hopefully that will be ironed out in the coming weeks. Losing Woolford really hurt the Dragons tonight and I hope he isn't out for too long.

How long could the video ref take to award the 1st Dragons try?? It was absolutely ridiculous! There were a lot of high shots early in the match (ffs guys keep 'em down we don't need any more players out) from both sides and I'm glad it stopped before things got ugly.

I think things will get worse before they get better for the Dragons and taking on the Cowboys next weekend will be a huge ask, but as long as they play well I'll be happy.

Pigskin

Juniors
what a rabble these 2 teams are ... will be a long time indeed before we see a lower standard FNF game

both have players to come back in that will make a difference but both sides will need massive improvement to do anything in 2007

Oink !

perverse

Referee
Creagh is origin bound.

as for the win.. well.. there's the monkey off the back.. already posted all my post-match crap in the knights forum.. and i cbf doing it again. look out for us when johns and buderus return..

This Year?

Immortal
Pigskin said:
what a rabble these 2 teams are ... will be a long time indeed before we see a lower standard FNF game
both have players to come back in that will make a difference but both sides will need massive improvement to do anything in 2007

Oink !

Did you watch the Bulldogs-Panthers game??

renouf

Juniors
How on earth didn't Jarrod Mullen get MOTM on ch9? He was damn good tonight... hes certainly the future in the halves for the Knights.

Frederick

Staff member
renouf said:
How on earth didn't Jarrod Mullen get MOTM on ch9? He was damn good tonight... hes certainly the future in the halves for the Knights.
Cause he didn't have that good a game :p
Kurt Gidley deserved that MOTM...was absolutely everywhere tonight, just like last week

Latest posts