What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Yeah, I am not seeing sense in this - we've jumped the gun and extended coaches before - Kearney's had one decent season, I get the desire for consistency etc, but I'd have preferred waiting, in all seriousness it's not like anyone is desperate to pinch him from us yet

Agreed, look at Barrett with us, finals in 2017 and looked like he was going places, gone a year later while finishing 15th

JJ

Immortal
We don’t know how much of that was SKs call. Could be George and Smith calling the shots.

We don't, but we can very much expect that Kearney was on board with it imo - he wouldn't be negotiating a new deal with a club that let his half go without consulting him and with no obvious replacement

Rich102

Staff member
I think it was a very clear statement from the club - re-sign SK, cut SJ.
Kearney must have had a huge input into the decision.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Hold on...the Warriors didn't make the call on either Lino or Johnson.

The Warriors made the call to have both contracted for 2019. Lino got a big offer from the Knights that he wanted, and us not thinking Shaun would leave, we granted it. Then Johnson took his bruised ego and f**ked off too. Thanks for the photo of you signing your exit contract too Shaun, neat stuff.

sup42

Juniors
Corvo is a big factor.

Gavet was late to training.

Johnson was a poor trainer.

Both are gone.

The management would not sit back and tolerate anyone disrespecting Corvos space.

JJ

Immortal

The Warriors made the call to have both contracted for 2019. Lino got a big offer from the Knights that he wanted, and us not thinking Shaun would leave, we granted it. Then Johnson took his bruised ego and f**ked off too. Thanks for the photo of you signing your exit contract too Shaun, neat stuff.

They made the call to release them... they made the call to send a clear signal to Johnson that he was no longer the top dog

Not disagreeing with you, but they had a long history with Johnson so presumably understood how he'd react... again, my only issue is no replacement, and no great likelihood of attracting or developing a top class half

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Does Kearney still work at the Warriors? Does NZ have journalists? Hiding in a corner in the fetal postilion being soothed by Kata?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Does Kearney still work at the Warriors? Does NZ have journalists? Hiding in a corner in the fetal postilion being soothed by Kata?
Probably overseeing pre season training and planning for the 2019 season. What is it that you would like him to do?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Ok well Val left us. within a day the coach was contacted.

Your coach is where?

Your jurnos are where?

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Ok well Val left us. within a day the coach was contacted.

Your coach is where?

Your jurnos are where?
Probably feels that Shaun and the CEO and Brian Smith have had it covered for the past week.

If he was gonna speak on it he should/would have done it day of.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Well I am thinking @JJ is right.

There is no way in hell a Sydney coach gets away with saying N O T H I N G. to the media when the highest paid player walks.

In NZ this seems acceptable.

I do agree he should have already.

What a leader!!!!!!!!!

Well I am thinking @JJ is right.

There is no way in hell a Sydney coach gets away with saying N O T H I N G. to the media when the highest paid player walks.

In NZ this seems acceptable.

I do agree he should have already.

What a leader!!!!!!!!!
Fair call.
Most could guess the interview.

Um boys preseason started, ah Shaun didn't want to umm show up, yeah George had said test the market too ah see your value while Shaun on tour, it was part of the process to um save money you know, I cant remember if I spoke to ah Shaun, but we are now more focused on the ahh process of me signing on for 3 more years right.

Matua

Bench

That's poor management. SJ was either a. if we're being charitable to the management 'managed out' or b. mishandled by poor management who expected him to say no matter what.

If it was a. then it was also poor management because no team wants to be three months out form the start of a season without a play maker and if it's b. then WTF Warriors, what were you thinking would happen when you poked the (sooky) bear?

I think that SJ needed to go but the Warriors have come out of this looking, well, as useless as the Warriors.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Tempted to start a new thread with a more appropriate title but I don’t want to put the mockers on Mooks.
Early days this season but after the trials and round one I’ve gotts say that The Process really does look to be working, we look better than last year even without SJ and Simon. If we make the finals and go ok could this be the year Kearney gets recognised as a good coach?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
If we make the finals and go ok could this be the year Kearney gets recognised as a good coach?
Well from the outset of his appointment, he said the process would be three years. This is his third year, he HAS to deliver on his word and so far so good. A grand final is what he meant. He didn't say that but what else could be the aim of the 'process'. I'd cut him some slack if we made it to this years major semi final. Top 8 wont do nothing for Kearney because thats not what he meant when he was talking about his process.

Latest posts