What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I think administrators and coaches can roll their eyes a bit at general fan angst. They think we're fickle, one big win, such as stunning the Storm this Thursday, will get us all back on side.

That's true to a large extent. However, there's also plenty of supporters, like myself and lot's on here, that need to see more than this. We need to see evidence of long-term improvement. Finishing stronger than we did last year is a start.

Yeah, I'm really struggling at the moment. And I'd like to consider myself as un-fickle as there could be as a Warriors fan.

I already feel like this year is a write-off, I can't see how we can go near challenging for finals...and I don't see where our improvement is coming from. There is averageness across the board.

vvvrulz

Coach
One of Kearney's greatest failings will be the signing of Adam Blair.

We all saw the attitude this guy was going to bring when he gave that disgraceful interview after the loss to Fiji, as a Kiwis captain no less. We knew he'd bring his half arse to what is his final contract in the NRL, and when considered he was a shadow of the player he was anyway - it's unsurprisingly turning out to be one of the most shit signings in our history. I dislike Rattue but he got it spot on this morning with his criticism.

Yep, and Blair along with the other rot will roll on out again next week.

Kearney has to chop someone though, CHT and Beale sounds about right.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Yep, and Blair along with the other rot will roll on out again next week.

Kearney has to chop someone though, CHT and Beale sounds about right.

He'll play every game from now until 2020, if you wanted something to make you feel terrible at the end of your Easter break.

Of course he has to chop someone, you're right. A feature of Kearney, and actually McFadden before him, is that they chose unworthy scapegoats over those who should actually be canned (read Keighran, Sao, Ayshford etc over the truly worthy Kata, Blair, Hiku etc)

vvvrulz

Coach
I already feel like this year is a write-off, I can't see how we can go near challenging for finals

So do I.

I mean just look at our draw so far: Doggies, Tigpies, Manly, Tits, Bunnies, Cows.

We should have won at least five of those, if not all, given our best performance was against the Souths and we failed to close out a winning position. It was a dream start handed to us and we've butchered it.

I can see us copping some serious damage later this year, Storm twice, Raiders twice, Sharks twice, Bunnies, Roosters, and the way Parramatta went yesterday...

We play like we did on Saturday, and we could easily lose all of those.

Campion

Juniors
We play like we did on Saturday we won't win another game all year!

I think we are total shite but we will win other games purely because there are a lot of VERY poor teams this year. I thought last year was pretty bad where there was a clear top 8-ish and then a lot of rubbish; but this year there's really only a top 4 and then various versions of terrible. What's going on?! (Talent concentrated in the Roosters?). I'm also all for expanding the competition to 18 teams regardless. More opportunities == more room to groom talent that may be wasted on sidelines (e.g., CNK at the warriors).

Big Marn

Juniors
I have deducted the running metres and total runs by all the backs for each game so what remains is our forward pack (including reserve forwards) vs the oppositions forward pack (including reserve forwards)
Our team numbers are on the left. Possession % is the opposition team.

Not trying to make a case about anything. Just broke down the forward battle a bit. And possession seems to be vital to the result, as is usually the case with NRL games.

Cowboys Possession 54%
Total Running metres by forwards
676 v 924

Total runs by forwards

81 v 101

Rabbits Possession 54%

764 v 969

85 v 106

Titans Possession 50%

v 641

77 v 72

Manly Possession 55%

726 v 911

90 v 89

(i thought this stat was particular interesting, almost identical runs but the metre difference was very noticeable)

Tigers Possession 57%

545 v 864

65 v 94

Dogs
Possession 46%

v 677

99 v 69

Blair

Coach
Fire Kearney and Blair.

Sign Arthur, Gutherson and Moses...

Won't happen because some think Kearney and Blair are useful... drugs are bad

Both the Warriors and the Panthers have disastrous seasons and fire their coaches. We pick up Ivan, they pass on Mooks.

Stranger things have happened.

One Warrior

Bench
Posted this on the Team vs Storm thread as well, but belongs here too:
The definition of insanity, rinse and repeat. Kearney on Radiosport, "I don't believe in wholesale changes", bullshit Kearney you don't believe in any changes. When talking about Blair, who admits himself that he's playing like crap, Kearney says "he knows and we know that his form will come back", does he, how does he know that, how bloody long does that mean he will give him, moron.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
They call for Brown's head. He has some losses, changes players around (Ponga, Watson), drop blokes.

They call for Clearly's head. He has some losses, changes players around, (Maloney, Nathan, Katoa) drop blokes.

Kearney - He has some losses, changes nothing, unless injury forces it, drops a rookie and replaces with rookie.

Safe as a bank process, the kiwi bro culture way.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
This week V Melbourne will illustrate a good coach V a potato.

Bellamy is the best at exploiting others weakness.

The game will become known as the Kata Massacre.

Poor Gerard.

vvvrulz

Coach
If both Kata and Hiku start, this will be an incredibly entertaining hiding.

At least with us when we lose, we lose in style.

Big Marn

Juniors
Storm currently paying $1.80 for 13 and over.
If you are feeling adventurous a win by 41-50 is paying $21