What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

Diesel

Coach
I hope Brian Smith is ready for a tap on the shoulder, would be a good caretaker coach if we have someone else lined up but not ready to come for 2020

I hope Brian Smith is ready for a tap on the shoulder, would be a good caretaker coach if we have someone else lined up but not ready to come for 2020
Interesting option.
Bellamy signed till end of 2021
Flanagan available 2021?

Last edited:

Iron Lion

Juniors
Remember the classic late 80's movie 'Weekend at Bernies'

About a bunch of guys carry around their dead friend's body pretending to everyone he's still alive

Well thats what supporting the Warriors is like with Kearney as the coach. The season is dead and over but every weekend we get to pretend like we are still alive in the NRL finals hopes.

Every game is 'Weekend at Kearney's'

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Another rumour I’ve heard.

Very early in the season, Adam Keighran spoke up in a video review session regarding the performance of some of the senior leadership group, which they didn’t take kindly too, and saw him banished down to the reserves

Yet another indictment on Stephen if that is the case and it lets the lunatics run the asylum

Reactions: JJ

Blair

Coach

Very early in the season, Adam Keighran spoke up in a video review session regarding the performance of some of the senior leadership group, which they didn’t take kindly too, and saw him banished down to the reserves

Yet another indictment on Stephen if that is the case and it lets the lunatics run the asylum

How do I get the message through to the club that it's either Mooks or me?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade

In all fairness, that's not very intelligent. Would Cam Smith take kindly to a rookie picking apart his performance?

BLN2

Juniors
Yeah I have seen that rumour before. Don't think there is any back up for it, so chose to not read into it too much. If he did upset an oldy or two, likely would have been Green seeing as they were the half pairing.

Man I can't wait to see Blair go.. Such a waste of money that guy. He should be on the bench for 10-20 minute games, with a $200k contract at best. Instead it appears he can choice where ever he plays and is on over 3 times that.

Hope that Harris is teaching some of our young guns how to play second row, and not copying what Blair/Papa does.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Kearney will be going for the Sea Eagles this week and thats because Shaun Johnson is going to the finals and he isn't LMAO.

JJ

Immortal
In all fairness, that's not very intelligent. Would Cam Smith take kindly to a rookie picking apart his performance?
Sure but if we had a Smith in the pack we wouldn’t be dog shit awful

If tru, Keighran showing more leadership than the rest of the joint

Matty Johns podcast review:
To reliant on back 3 to start the set.
Forwards lazy because of it.
Pack disappointing compared to past.
Love for Rodger, worried about his work load, captaincy and having to create.
Need a demanding coach who requires them to bring it to training.
Been giving 30mins then falling a sleep is their history with a few exceptions.

Yeah I have seen that rumour before. Don't think there is any back up for it, so chose to not read into it too much. If he did upset an oldy or two, likely would have been Green seeing as they were the half pairing.

Man I can't wait to see Blair go.. Such a waste of money that guy. He should be on the bench for 10-20 minute games, with a $200k contract at best. Instead it appears he can choice where ever he plays and is on over 3 times that.

Hope that Harris is teaching some of our young guns how to play second row, and not copying what Blair/Papa does.
More Matty Johns podcast about training.
Cant treat it like a job showing up 10mins before and leaving after warm down jumping in the car.
Need to spend hours with your backrow working combo and calls so ready to go under pressure.

Looks like we could do with Matty showing up for the review.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Fair, but I imagine it will be something along the lines of “Blairy, why are you always seagulling out wide instead of taking your hitups” which had some merit lol

Ha yeah, I guess someone had to deliver that message. The coach won't, and if we as fans say it we're 'haters'.

What is the point of it then?

Either do it and be honest or do not bother at all.

The rabbit hole is deep Alice.

I hear your point, but there's no point pretending that human nature dictates a rookie can have his say about senior players without repercussion. Please don't walk into your next management meeting at work and suggest to the Board that they're doing a shit job. The dole doesn't pay much.

Sure but if we had a Smith in the pack we wouldn’t be dog shit awful

If tru, Keighran showing more leadership than the rest of the joint

It's brave, don't get me wrong. But I've been there in senior teams, you just need to find a better way to address it if you've got concerns about the way experienced players are going about it. I don't think if i was a senior player, I'd be too keen to be told by a guy in his first season about how it should be. How would he know?

JJ

Immortal
It's brave, don't get me wrong. But I've been there in senior teams, you just need to find a better way to address it if you've got concerns about the way experienced players are going about it. I don't think if i was a senior player, I'd be too keen to be told by a guy in his first season about how it should be. How would he know?

Sure... but if true pretty damning that a rookie is the one stating the incredibly obvious... Coach and Captain should be leading this - I suspect neither are... need a new coach, and stronger leadership on the park (not blaming Roger, but needs to be more here)

Mr Angry

Not a Referee

Culture clash for the kid

FEB 2019 said:
Marquee Cronulla recruit Shaun Johnson has quickly adapted to living in Australia – but there's one thing the Kiwi ace is still getting used to.

Johnson says the strong language at Sharks training has been the biggest cultural change football-wise, though he's embracing the passion.

"Just dishing something out on someone, you get some pretty heated conversations.

"But it’s all about winning and you know that you’re getting spoken to from a point of, ‘We just want to win, you need to fix it'."

The added verbal intensity hasn't affected Johnson adversely in the slightest, however: "I was just like, 'Oh, that's how it is!'" he said.
Probably went home wondering WTF he did wrong.

LINK

On Speculation, word is Gallen gave Shaun a spray in front of teammates about looking after his body,after pulling out of the Canberra game, Shaun responded with a classy game V Tigers.

Latest posts