What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

JJ

Immortal
Kearney just has to be sacked... there's not a single logical reason to continue like this... even if the players aren't trying, that has to rest with him, and this is the shithouse squad and style he's built...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kearney just has to be sacked... there's not a single logical reason to continue like this... even if the players aren't trying, that has to rest with him, and this is the shithouse squad and style he's built...

Agree. Players need incentives for effort and Kearney’s one dimensional style doesn’t provide them. The South’s game was a great example. The defensive and middle third effort were there in the first half but it can’t be maintained when the team get no dividends from it by constantly getting into attacking positions then hardly firing a shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: JJ

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Ok, Ken has been one of our best players and most consistent.
Potatoe says....
https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/04/kearney-tells-ken-no-more-annual-leave-during-season/

f**k me, how about calling out Blair, Luke, all the Forwards, Nikorima, Green and Fus before mentioning Ken.

Basically the only player to improve on SK tenure.

I was all ready to rip into SK over that but in context I think it’s fine, he’s really just trying to gee him up for a massive last game and to get the try scoring title this year. I hope he does, he’s been one of the few bright spots this year.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I was all ready to rip into SK over that but in context I think it’s fine, he’s really just trying to gee him up for a massive last game and to get the try scoring title this year. I hope he does, he’s been one of the few bright spots this year.

Nah, f**k that (no offense).

What an absolutely pathetic thing to say. Ken has been one of the biggest effort makers all year, I'd suggest without him we'd be nigh-on wooden spooners. We may never make it out of our half. Yes, his numbers were well down v the Roosters and Sharks. The guy is 25. Can we truly expect him to stay fired up every week in a shithouse team when he's still learning how to be an NRL player? Course, the spud head coach wouldn't know about that.

Has Kearney ever publicly called out Adam Blair? Not that I've seen. If you want to talk about annual leave, Blair is on a year-long sabbatical. But Kearney goes for the young guy. Weak. Piss weak. Sums him up.

Scott

Bench
I too, am of the belief that SK must be fired.

My problem is - who takes over?

I'm not interested in Stacey Jones or Todd Payten or Garth Brennan or any other coach with zero - minimal first grade experience.

Do we look at a Toovey or Griffin? I don't know.

JJ

Immortal
I too, am of the belief that SK must be fired.

My problem is - who takes over?

I'm not interested in Stacey Jones or Todd Payten or Garth Brennan or any other coach with zero - minimal first grade experience.

Do we look at a Toovey or Griffin? I don't know.
If we want an experienced guy - Toovey, Griffin, Henry, Brown...

There are many options... we have literally the worst NRL coach in history at the moment...

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I simply cannot understand how he looks at his team on paper and thinks he can compete with the Roosters and Storm.

Only Roger, Tahu and maybe Ken would make those teams.

flippikat

Bench
If we want an experienced guy - Toovey, Griffin, Henry, Brown...

There are many options... we have literally the worst NRL coach in history at the moment...

Not quite.

If you're talking NRL era, the Tommy Raudonikis-coached 1999 Magpies take suck to a whole new level.

Won 3, lost 21.
Points for: 285
Points against: 944
(Difference of -659)

Yeah, the club was broke & speeding towards a merger.. but still the sorriest excuse for a first grade team I have EVER seen.

...and exactly how I forsee the Warriors in a few years if SK serves out his contract.

JJ

Immortal
Not quite.

If you're talking NRL era, the Tommy Raudonikis-coached 1999 Magpies take suck to a whole new level.

Won 3, lost 21.
Points for: 285
Points against: 944
(Difference of -659)

Yeah, the club was broke & speeding towards a merger.. but still the sorriest excuse for a first grade team I have EVER seen.

...and exactly how I forsee the Warriors in a few years if SK serves out his contract.
Team was worse, was the coach?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Reminds me of a great story from that year

Down 30-0 in the first half, Tommy told the manager to find him a shovel. At halftime he walked in, didn’t say a word, smashed every window in the sheds with the shovel, then walked out, and he quite happily told everyone “we won the 2nd half” haha. Shit he is a legend

TheDMC

Bench
I simply cannot understand how he looks at his team on paper and thinks he can compete with the Roosters and Storm.

Only Roger, Tahu and maybe Ken would make those teams.
To be fair, no team can compare to those two. Melbourne has really good players and the best coach ever. the Roosters? Well I have no idea how they could possible have that roster of players without some dodgy going ons...