What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FO Kearney

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I am not saying that Kearney is the coach that I want for us. He isn’t. He never has been. I just think that since Cleary, it’s been ridiculous and if we want a better coach, we need to curb that, not perpetuate that.

I'm thinking about it from an organisational health standpoint before football- because, let's be honest, our football is undoubtedly downstream from the shabby office.

I guess I’m more fatalistic about our short/mid-term future. I have basically written them off for the next several years tbh.

I agreed with that for the last two years but I think SK has had his chance. He said himself he wanted 3 years to get the club in shape to be a finals threat. He’s failed on his own criteria.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Even if Kearney resigned or was terminated tomorrow, the state of the club is such that we would still be f**ked for at least the next 2 or 3 years. Especially with what's going on in head office.

The only person that I would replace Kearney with (from who is available) is Nathan Brown, and tell him to give us the Knights treatment.

If Kearney stays for the remainder of his contract, then I don't even know what we do to fix things

Blair

Coach
I wouldn’t have an issue if he fell on his sword.

He's shown us he's as stubborn as a mule with team-selections, tactics, etc.

That trait would likely extend to other things like resigning.

Who really knows though, ay?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Even if Kearney resigned or was terminated tomorrow, the state of the club is such that we would still be f**ked for at least the next 2 or 3 years. Especially with what's going on in head office.

The only person that I would replace Kearney with (from who is available) is Nathan Brown, and tell him to give us the Knights treatment.

If Kearney stays for the remainder of his contract, then I don't even know what we do to fix things

We probably will be f**ked for 2-3 years you're correct on that.

Still I'd rather be f**ked for 2-3 than sit through 3 more years of Kearney and be f**ked for 2-3 years more on top of that.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade

Still I'd rather be f**ked for 2-3 than sit through 3 more years of Kearney and be f**ked for 2-3 years more on top of that.
With the owners squabbling over money though, I can't see them being keen on paying out the remaining few years.

Meth

Staff member

I think good leadership can turn things around pretty quickly. When leaders start leading in ways that make sense, results occur.

Reactions: JJ

Rich102

Staff member
I think a change of coach is now unlikely till ownership is resolved.Sad.

Diesel

Referee
I’m sure there are very similar parallax with this forum and the Eels one for years ago, especially the way the club was left and took years to recover

Meth

Staff member
Remember when Kevin Locke stole his coach's car at Wakefield?

Dragons just announced they conducting a review.
Mary in trouble. Talk of Brown.
Lets sort this ownership shit out so we can get on with a review.