What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kearney and Nolan signed or resigned just about every merkin at the club. How it's anyone elses fault, the cap mess we are in, is f**king amazing.

yeah! the arseholes signed Poore, Tahu, Morts, Hayne to massive back ended deal, Hiney was given a supa also...shack was signed on big money!..

it's all their fault :lol:

Suitman

Post Whore
How this bloke is palatable to decent Parra fans is f**king beyond me. He should be out on his f**king ear, I don't care how much passion he has for the Eels. He has a confirmed history of economic mismanagement yet he was elected chairman of our great club. How the f**k was that allowed to happen ?

Then turn up at the AGM and say that.
I'm serious.
If that's how you feel, you should let them know.
I also think it's a disgrace that with our roster, we can't afford Folau.

Our board need to know what the fans are feeling.

Suity

Last edited by a moderator:

The Colonel

Immortal
How this bloke is palatable to decent Parra fans is f**king beyond me. He should be out on his f**king ear, I don't care how much passion he has for the Eels. He has a confirmed history of economic mismanagement yet he was elected chairman of our great club. How the f**k was that allowed to happen ?

Far from surprised, just tired of the rhetoric....

People wanted Denis gone..... it was that simple. Mind you they did a good job of it - used other people to stand in the limelight and slowly move their way in. Pulled the wool over the eyes of many..... and cotinues to do so.

I wonder what the excuses will be for 2014?

Noise

Coach
yeah! the arseholes signed Poore, Tahu, Morts, Hayne to massive back ended deal, Hiney was given a supa also...shack was signed on big money!..

it's all their fault :lol:

Out of that lot, besides hayne, who are we paying for in 2013?

Out of our top 25 players for 2013 the only players i can think of that kearney didn't sign are hayne and mannah? How is it anyone elses fault?

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Out of that lot, besides hayne, who are we paying for in 2013?

Out of our top 25 players for 2013 the only players i can think of that kearney didn't sign are hayne and mannah? How is it anyone elses fault?

Are you sure Kearney didn't sign Mannah?

Eelogical

Referee
I don't give a flying fart who signed who for whatever amount. At this point in time it seems there is way too much going on behind the scenes to make one player join the Eels. Salary cap this, third party deal that. A lot of people are staying silent while they rearrange the deckchairs. Personally, I would like to see Israel join the team, but I am becoming rather suspicious of how this "done deal" that isn't a "done deal" will become a "done deal".

oldmancraigy

Coach
Good to see you blame it on the footy club rather than on Schu.

Clearly it's been Schu who is holding up the 'done deal' by refusing to register the contract @ $110k. So if you want to whinge, it ought to be at him for arbitrarily deciding how much he thinks a player can get paid.

Izzy and the club have agreed on that notional value for next season, just the Schu screwing everyone around.

But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good whinge about the club...

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Accountability for keeping us squeaky with the salary cap needs sit with a single individual within our organisation. If that person is replaced then it moves to their replacement.

Reading these posts it seems people are apportioning blame to different individuals within the club. If this lack of clarity on roles and responsibilities also exists within the club then no wonder we are in such a mess.

Surely the lesson going forward is to hold a single individual accountable and ensure that their performance is routinely monitored. If through this process there is a sign that things aren't being managed then you have grounds on which to act to prevent an issue from occurring.

If the politics of or football club don't allow for this simplicity in management then we will forever be a basket case.

There has also been talk about being penalised for playing by the NRL salary cap rules when other clubs have prospered. I agree that this sucks but to me that is a separate issue. I suspect that we could have played by the rules and not been is such a sh!tful position as we now are.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Good to see you blame it on the footy club rather than on Schu.

Clearly it's been Schu who is holding up the 'done deal' by refusing to register the contract @ $110k. So if you want to whinge, it ought to be at him for arbitrarily deciding how much he thinks a player can get paid.

Izzy and the club have agreed on that notional value for next season, just the Schu screwing everyone around.

But hey, never let the facts get in the way of a good whinge about the club...

Regardkess of the $110k figure there appear to be other issues that people have legitimately raised which do not sit with Schubert.

The first one that springs to mind is why do we have such an average squad and still only $110k to spend on Izzy :)

Avenger

Immortal
Then turn up at the AGM and say that.
I'm serious.
If that's how you feel, you should let them know.
I also think it's a disgrace that with our roster, we can't afford Folau.

Our board need to know what the fans are feeling.

Suity

Suity, I can't. If you knew me personally you would know why. Lets just say that people like our beloved chairman, Mr Spagnolo make me nauseous.

Far from surprised, just tired of the rhetoric....

People wanted Denis gone..... it was that simple. Mind you they did a good job of it - used other people to stand in the limelight and slowly move their way in. Pulled the wool over the eyes of many..... and cotinues to do so.

I wonder what the excuses will be for 2014?

Denis had to go. I never endorsed 3P because I knew nothing about them. Yeah they made some nice stairs in the Club and made a restaurant. That's all I know.

Avenger

Immortal
Regardkess of the $110k figure there appear to be other issues that people have legitimately raised which do not sit with Schubert.

The first one that springs to mind is why do we have such an average squad and still only $110k to spend on Izzy :)

It's obviously some type of answerable third party deals that are under scrutiny and rightly so. Just because other clubs also do it does not make it right either. I'm not saying you said that GG, just saying.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
So if our top 25 for 2013 looks something like this:

Hayne, Sio, Blair, Morgan, Tonga, Kelly, Roberts, Sandow, N. Smith, Keating, Allgood, Fui, Mannah, Lussick, Harrison, Matuia, Paulo, Ryan, Loko, Mullaney, Tautai, Lasalo, O'Hanlon, Brien, Ben Smith

All the bolded players were signed by someone other than Kearney. Whose fault was the rest of them? And who is responsible for the salary cap mess we are in for 2013?

Last edited:

IFR33K

Coach

Economic mismanagement????

The guy is a chartered accountant.

strider

Post Whore
yep, don't wanna brag but I've been told for about year it's been f**ked until 14, as Hindyrulz rightly pointed out, it's been a mess since Zapp left and paying players that are no longer at our club has cause a massive snowball affect the following years...we've got another season of doom and gloom, but the best news is that we'll be hearing about some decent signigns for 14 throughout the year..

Jodeci was 100% spot on and was one of the first to tell us all that it was a mess some 6 months ago..

didn't he also say izzy was a done deal? ... which jodeci to believe? :lol:

(btw - i'm not having a go - i know things change and ppl only relay info they hear which i am very appreciative of)

Parraren

Bench
So our problems stem from heavily backended contracts?

So we're trying to fix this by heavily backending Folau's contract? :crazy:

This club reminds me of Faulty Towers....

IFR33K

Coach
So our problems stem from heavily backended contracts?

So we're trying to fix this by heavily backending Folau's contract? :crazy:

This club reminds me of Faulty Towers....

When your foundations and footings are wrong, your building is f**ked.

Time for the current board to f**k off.