What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

Gronk

Staff member
How could it have since been spent?
We've bought f**k all.
All the damage was done beforehand mate.

Suity

What he said. In fact you can find numerous quotes from the club that they have been in dialogue with Izzy for 6 months. Obviously SK has no idea how to balance a cheque book.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
How could it have since been spent?

Yet-to-be-announced contract extensions are one obvious way.

A better question though is what happened to that money since our negotiations with T-Rex, Hinchcliffe and co?

Anyway I'm happy with our squad for next year as it is. We have plenty of young blokes ready to blossom into genuine first graders (or suffer from second season syndrome). It looks like the Folau thing is just a gimmick that will only hurt our future salary cap.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What he said. In fact you can find numerous quotes from the club that they have been in dialogue with Izzy for 6 months. Obviously SK has no idea how to balance a cheque book.

Well if the merkin wants to wait until our squad is finalised before quitting AFL he deserves what he gets. Or should we have kept a sneaky half a million free in case he ever decided to grace us with his presence?

Good player. Good marketing ploy. Waste of salary cap space.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
LOL @ your agenda crap. Just admit he's f**ked us over.

So you think it's good management for a club to have one marquee worth of free salary cap space available by the start of pre-season?

Our squad was finalised mate, just like every other club. It would be poor management not to have spent the cap by November.

IFR33K

Coach
Where'd all the money go again?

Sandow and hoppa.

How many times did sandow agree to terms, than change his mind. Money got him over the line, nothing else.

Although Crowe acted like a tool about it, he'd have more of an idea than any outsider.

strider

Post Whore
we've front ended, back loaded, side saddled and topped up every player we have on contract :thumn

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Indeed, but NOT with the squad we have.
We should have had change up our sleeve and we don't.
It really is poor management, whoever is to blame.

Suity

The squad is fine mate. We banked on youth and next year we'll start getting a return. We'll also have good depth - the NRL side will be average and Wenty will again be strong. Hopefully we don't lose so many players to injury next year.

Baby steps. 2014 we will shine.

#FiveYearPlan

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think SK helped himself and fled over the border.

Even if he stole a bunch of cash (and there are plenty who reckon he embezzled $450k a year out of the club) it doesn't count under the cap.

But you knew that. I'm just trying to ruin your joke.

parra_jesus

Juniors
Prob would not account for much , but are we still paying half of mortimers contract next year aswell ? Or did his initial contract run out end of this season ?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Prob would not account for much , but are we still paying half of mortimers contract next year aswell ? Or did his initial contract run out end of this season ?

I remember reading he had an option in his favour. Not sure if he waived the right to it in his move to the Roosters, or if us subsidising that year was also part of the incentive to f**k off.

Not only am I not sure, I've actually got no idea.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I remember reading he had an option in his favour. Not sure if he waived the right to it in his move to the Roosters, or if us subsidising that year was also part of the incentive to f**k off.

Not only am I not sure, I've actually got no idea.

You didn't need to put that last sentence in mate.

Latest posts