What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

El Diablo

Post Whore
As I mentioned a while ago the guy is a mercenary and does not come across as the most loyal of people in my opinion, of course like many others, Im sure this decision was made in consideration of his family:roll: good luck to him, never thought we really needed him, bring on Hock.

I hope he snaps both legs and can never play again

Grub

Suitman

Post Whore
I hope he snaps both legs and can never play again

Grub

This isn't just directed at you or anyone else for that matter, but don't ignore or play down the greediness and influence of his manager.
I reckon they play more part in the decision than people think.

Suity

guruminga

Juniors
I don't understand all the hate towards Folau, he waited around for a month while the NRL stalled negotiations. With all the talk about the Salary Cap he needed to take things into his own hands. It sucks we missed him, but I can understand why he decided to go elsewhere. It's hardly like the NRL laid out the welcome mat. Now we focus on who we have and how we can make that work for us.

G

cv8z

Juniors
This isn't just directed at you or anyone else for that matter, but don't ignore or play down the greediness and influence of his manager.
I reckon they play more part in the decision than people think.

Suity

Spot on
Does he look after inu too?

Someone

Bench
f**king grubby merkin.

our backline is set realistically anyway IMO, 2013 will be an 'improving' year (trying to avoid the word rebuilding) and in 2014 hoppa comes in anyway.

We need a marque foward for 2014, + maybe a upgrade from matt keating and we are fine.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I knew I should have waited a few more weeks before getting 'Izzy' and number 3 put on the back of my eels jersey...

TeHEel

Juniors
Spot on Guru - this could have been sorted three weeks ago but the NRL chose to sit on their hands. It's their fault alone. Hate his manager all you want but it needed to sorted out before today. They will be painted as the bad guys because only the NRL side will be heard. Amateur hour to the max...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Agreed

He was obviously full of shit abou wanting to play with his brother and mates

Filthy the arsehole f**ked around for so long

Welder tweeted that Parra are filthy with him too

Well said - it says something about his character. He will be as bored as sh?t in union as well. While a good player I believe the eels were better of spending money else where.

IFR33K

Coach
Weedler on 9 has stated our offer was 3 million for four years, earning 600k in the first year. This was apparently approved by the nrl.

If those figures are anywhere near true, I'm glad we missed out.

EelsFan05

Bench
Weedler on 9 has stated our offer was 3 million for four years, earning 600k in the first year. This was apparently approved by the nrl.

Bloody oath throw that money at Tamou.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Weidler reckons we offered him 3 million, 600k in the first year. WTF did that money come from?

Peter Nolan said something interesting last night, he said newspapers are worth 2 dollars because the info on there is worth about the same.

bileduct

Coach

That sounds like complete horseshit to me.

$600K for 2013? After all this nonsense about notional value contracts at $400K?

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
. Fairfax Media understands that the NRL and Parramatta Eels had come to an agreement to fit Folau under the salary cap, but the player has opted to accept a more lucrative offer.

http://m.smh.com.au/rugby-league/le...-eels-to-play-rugby-union-20121130-2alzz.html

Appears izzy has been a dog.. Looks like he agreed to the eels but pulled out at the last moment. His name will now be mud in league . He may chase the dollars but when he retires he will realise what he lost from not playing league

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

With that money we could get t Simms and j tamou - and that would make us a lot better side then getting izzy

IFR33K

Coach
With that money we could get t Simms and j tamou - and that would make us a lot better side then getting izzy

No winger/centre is worth 600k plus.

We have other priorities, and with hoppa coming, we are set for backs.

Hayne should be our next signing.