What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

natheel

Coach
i reckon he will try come back after his union stint...i for one would hope our club says no to him!

In hindsight we have to still re-sign Hayne and Hoppa is coming in 2014 add in some good juniors then we don't need him especially with the sort of money he wants

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I'd say he burnt his bridges with both the Eels and NRL so I dont think the NRL would allow him back .

strider

Post Whore
anyone who thinks the nrl or other clubs wouldn't want him back have rocks in their heads .... of course he'll be back

Kornstar

Coach
i just wonder what he's gonna do after his european jaunt .... french rugby is never a long term thing and there is no way he will be happy there

so where is he gonna go when he comes back? .... wonder if he already has something lined up elsewhere??? back to brisy maybe? jakes mates at the dogs?

How will someone that stupid learn French? When I hear him talk I cringe, and they claim AFL made him media savvy.......he sounds like an idiot when he speaks imo......

strider

Post Whore
How will someone that stupid learn French? When I hear him talk I cringe, and they claim AFL made him media savvy.......he sounds like an idiot when he speaks imo......

it baffles me that he agreed to go there .... he didn't like playing AFL in sydney for 1.5m .... i doubt he'll be that happy in france getting cold on the wing/centre in the middle of winter

Kornstar

Coach
@IzzyFolau: Commit to the lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans. #Proverbs16:3

Lol, or your dodgy management.....

Kornstar

Coach
it baffles me that he agreed to go there .... he didn't like playing AFL in sydney for 1.5m .... i doubt he'll be that happy in france getting cold on the wing/centre in the middle of winter

As I said, very low intelligence who needs his manager to tell him what game he wants to play......

Yes a lot of people would take more money to the same job somewhere else but there are also plenty who get paid very well for what they do already and knock back offers for double the money when they are actually happy doing what they are doing where they are doing it. I fall into this category. I have been offered 140k+ more than I get a year now but I enjoy my job and get paid well anyway.

I don't need anyone else to make that decision for me either!

Delboy

First Grade
Folau will probably cut short his stay in yawnion, and come back to the Bulldogs, no issue with their cap (according to the audit team) and his manager is very close to them

Just a thought

Avenger

Immortal
It's not that he went for the money. It's his manager calling our coach. It's us releasing players all be it Esi Tonga and Horo and cooling off on Hock. It's management arranging all the third party agreements and wasting time with the NRL only to be given the big cabanosi at the death.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
As I said, very low intelligence who needs his manager to tell him what game he wants to play......

Yes a lot of people would take more money to the same job somewhere else but there are also plenty who get paid very well for what they do already and knock back offers for double the money when they are actually happy doing what they are doing where they are doing it. I fall into this category. I have been offered 140k+ more than I get a year now but I enjoy my job and get paid well anyway.

Yeah me too. I got offered $22 an hour to stack shelves at Coles, but why should I when I enjoy being on the rock and roll so much?

Not defending Izzy or Moses, but it is a little different for a football player, because their playing career is a lot shorter than most people's professional career, and can be cut even shorter by injury. And as you've noted, he's unlikely to move smoothly into an investment banking career upon his retirement from footy.