What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Folau turns back on Eels to play rugby union

ParraSteve

Juniors
“@IzzyFolau: @ajhoops7 You didn't see me come out and say I'll be playing at parra!”

“@IzzyFolau: @ajhoops7 Made it clear that all options were open for me! RL/Union.”

Just on his twitter account now

“@IzzyFolau: @ajhoops7 You didn't see me come out and say I'll be playing at parra!”

“@IzzyFolau: @ajhoops7 Made it clear that all options were open for me! RL/Union.”

Just on his twitter account now

His rep is ruined forever. For a God fearing religious person that he goes on about on his twitter page, he's one hell of greedy snakey prick.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Ethically of course neither one of them acted properly but how in the hell can the NRL ban them over this when both SBW and Lyon both broke contracts and allowed to be back in the comp. If the NRL tried to do your ridiculous statement they would prolly end up in court and would lose.
Lyon never broke a contract - he had our club's permission for everything he did during the term of his contract with us.... and then led us on at the end like Izzy giving the sniff thet he might sign on.

$BW is a simple mercenary and a prick, and I'm amazed the NRL made it so easy for the guy to come back into the code. The Roosters should be docked competition points for signing him! :lol:

natheel

Coach

I'd rather us have the money from 2014 that folau would have been on and chuck it at Thurston and try and get a good five eight to the club. We have some good young centres coming through

Well done to Ricky to get in and throw it at Folau, as far as i'm concerned he deserves the shit he has been getting. He came to Ricky upset with playing a sport he hated and wanted to be with his 'mates' and the game he 'loves'. will be interesting to see what his side of the story is (if he ever speaks)

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Wonder what u guys are going to do with his little brother in your lower grades, never seen him play but must imagine his card is well n truly stamped now too.

Lyon never broke a contract - he had our club's permission for everything he did during the term of his contract with us.... and then led us on at the end like Izzy giving the sniff thet he might sign on.

$BW is a simple mercenary and a prick, and I'm amazed the NRL made it so easy for the guy to come back into the code. The Roosters should be docked competition points for signing him! :lol:

Lyon refused to play while fully fit. i.e. he refused to do what he had promised under the contract he signed. So sure, he didn't play for another club on terms other than those which we eventually agreed with, but he failed to honour his obligations under his original contract.

strider

Post Whore
Lyon refused to play while fully fit. i.e. he refused to do what he had promised under the contract he signed. So sure, he didn't play for another club on terms other than those which we eventually agreed with, but he failed to honour his obligations under his original contract.

exactly

oldmancraigy

Coach
For the Super 15 outfit and rugby union in Australia, Folau's signature should be seen as a major celebration and a huge money-spinning opportunity in terms of new memberships, crowd figures, television ratings and interest in the code.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...play-super-rugby/story-e6frexnr-1226528140890

LOOOOL

Again, based on his inability to attract anyone to GWS games (being that he's seen as a Melbournian queenslander, and NOT a Sydney type [[despite his place of birth]]) - why the heck would he rate as a blip on anyone's radar??

If popular guys like Dell or Lote failed to pull the crowds, then why would a guy who is seen as a greedy pig get a big crowd????

Kornstar

Coach
Adam Freier on the BSB this morning said that there is no chance in hell the Waratahs could afford him and that Japanese Rugby might pay what we were going to and that French Rugby wouldn't be all that impressed with his most recent highlight tapes.......

Bulldogs it is then, I guess......

EelsFan05

Bench
Being from the older generation, I do not have twitter, can you divulge what the fans are saying to this greedy bastard? Thanks in advance. :sarcasm:

Just dribble about never saying that he was going to parra, that he always said all options were possible including union and that when the time is right he will have his say and the truth will come out... We caught a break missing out on this drongo.

Kornstar

Coach
Being from the older generation, I do not have twitter, can you divulge what the fans are saying to this greedy bastard? Thanks in advance. :sarcasm:

Only 1 guy really ripped in and Folau just kept saying that he always said all options were open and that "the truth will come out" and that "you don't know what goes on during negotiations, you only read what's reported"

Gronk

Staff member
I've only just caught up with all of this.

Firstly I have never seen a quote from Izzy stating that he had agreed with the Eels. No hand shake or group hug from what I can see.

Secondly I have not seen any confirmation that the deal put to Izzy was acceptable in $$ terms. Maybe we offered him under what they wanted or he didn't want a 4 year deal ?

IMHO Izzy has not "dogged" us at all on the evidence provided so far.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I've only just caught up with all of this.

Firstly I have never seen a quote from Izzy stating that he had agreed with the Eels. No hand shake or group hug from what I can see.

Secondly I have not seen any confirmation that the deal put to Izzy was acceptable in $$ terms. Maybe we offered him under what they wanted or he didn't want a 4 year deal ?

IMHO Izzy has not "dogged" us at all on the evidence provided so far.

Surely where there's smoke, there's fire on this one??

Lots of claims by the Eels that Izzy wanted to play with us; claims that terms were agreed upon, just had to get the NRL to approve them (which is why we were wrestling over how to get him into the cap); plenty of circumstantial evidence!

No quotes from Izzy or his manager denying any of this was happening - and after it all 'fell through' there was no comment from them saying 'we were never in this!' Rather it was the Eels saying 'he screwed us'.

I'll go with the whole him dogging us thing...

Gronk

Staff member
Surely where there's smoke, there's fire on this one??

Lots of claims by the Eels that Izzy wanted to play with us; claims that terms were agreed upon, just had to get the NRL to approve them (which is why we were wrestling over how to get him into the cap); plenty of circumstantial evidence!

No quotes from Izzy or his manager denying any of this was happening - and after it all 'fell through' there was no comment from them saying 'we were never in this!' Rather it was the Eels saying 'he screwed us'.

I'll go with the whole him dogging us thing...

My take on this is that the offer approved by Schubert was considered unders by Moses. So they told Parra to up the ante or they play Rugby. The papers went with headlines "Folau choses Rugby" and we said that he has shafted us, but I think really what that the truth is that we simply didn't offer enough to get him over the line.

Delboy

First Grade
Isaac Moses is a turnip Gronk, cant be trusted at all, like they say "if his lips move , hw isnt telling the truth" .