What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football department review finalised

Gareth67

First Grade
Well I don’t know , perhaps the criticism is a bit over the top - is it ?

Our mob ( being the Joint Venture ) have only been in business for the last 20 years , now that compared to other clubs is only a drop in the proverbial footy ocean - ain’t it ?

This reminds me of a chap I use to play footy with when I was a young bloke , his name was Gunna Star . Now Gunna Star was also going to be the teams five eighth , self appointed that is , so he use to come to training with you guessed it - 5 slash 8 written in pen on the back of his King Gee singlet ( they were our teams official jerseys in those years ) . But to the point , Gunna Star was no more a five eighth than I was three eighth and end up playing exclusively as a reserve .

Not that deterred Gunna Star , as each time he came onto the field in his own mind his was still playing five eighth whether he was at wing or hooker .

This is the same situation we have with the Dragons football department , they truly believe that they are being professional in all that they do , but of course their professionalism is all in their minds - similar to Gunna Star , but still they go on their merry way believing that this is how all genuine NRL clubs are run never realizing that they are nothing more than amateurs .

Of course I know that you all wish to know just what happen to Gunna ? Well he ended up playing Soccer because the ball was easier to kick . . .

Last edited:

Gareth67

First Grade
20 years Gareth.

Teenagers that follow our Club only know the JV.

Good Lawd I am getting on , I actually done a quick math in my head to come up with the ten years . Thanks Tru for the correct figure - I will get you to do my banking for me .:relaxed:

Reactions: jak

Dragon for life

Juniors
One vacancy remains on the coaching staff. The Dragons are taking due diligence with this process and will finalise this appointment at a later date.

Code for....Craig won't let us sack his son, but we appreciate you, the fans, can only take so much bullshit in one announcement.

Also:
Johnston is a puppet.
WIN is calling the shots.
McGregor is the worst coach in NRL history.
Noone is coming.
Due diligence on appointing coaching staff??Maybe they should have taken that approach before renewing the coaches contract.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Due diligence on appointing coaching staff??Maybe they should have taken that approach before renewing the coaches contract.
Are you stupid, man?

Why leave a talent like McGregor unsigned and allow one of the other teams to snap him up?

When you’ve got a SuperCoach in your ranks, you sign first and do due diligence later.

Gareth67

First Grade
As a few fellow members have already pointed out , the J.V. ( in its infinite wisdom ) have appointed a surfer - yes thats right a bluudy long haired ex surfer no less , to conduct heart to heart chats with the Dragon players who may be feeling a bit down in the mouth and anywhere else for that matter .

Good gracious me ! Just how is this going to work when he needs to speak to James Graham or any of our other fire breathing forwards - especially those who don’t mind chewing on the occasional piece of ear when feeling a bit peckish ?

Last edited:

Crush

Coach
McGregor "given the successful season we produced 12 months prior"
It wasn't a successful season FFS!
We were leading the comp at round 16 and went tumbling down the ladder and lost week 2 of the finals.
THATS NOT SUCCESS!!!
Arrrrrgggghhhhh!

getsmarty

Immortal
McGregor "given the successful season we produced 12 months prior"
It wasn't a successful season FFS!
We were leading the comp at round 16 and went tumbling down the ladder and lost week 2 of the finals.
THATS NOT SUCCESS!!!
Arrrrrgggghhhhh!

Correct...problem is people believe the spin....just go have a look at some of the positive comments on the Dragons Facebook page....

Too many people with short memories .

HenryTatana

Juniors
My understanding was part of the review process included Gus interviewing a number of players.

So McInnes wasn’t happy with the paintwork in the gym, Vaunghnie had issue with the dumbbells, Aiken couldn’t handle the online comments, Benny had the world on his shoulders, James Graham had concerns about the culture in general after coming from the dogs and Friz spewing about his injury riddled season. Hence Gus recommends the following:

- Gym needs a splash of paint and some new weights
- We need a meditation coach to help Benny and Aiken and Duffy
- Club has a culture problem so we better address that
- we need experienced conditioning and physio staff

no wonder Gus did it for free.

jak

Bench
As a few fellow members have already pointed out , the J.V. ( in its infinite wisdom ) have appointed a surfer - yes that right a bluudy long haired ex surfer no less , to conduct heart to heart chats with the Dragon players who may be feeling a bit down in the mouth and anywhere else for that matter .

Good gracious me ! Just how is this going to work when he needs to speak to James Graham or any of our other fire breathing forwards - especially those who don’t mind chewing on the occasional piece of ear when feeling a bit peckish ?
sour grapes gareth you missed out on the job live with it, bet he has more hair than you as well

Latest posts