What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For the unfit, the semi-fit, the fit - 100 Push Up Challenge

Engine

Juniors
Week 1, Day 1

Initial test : 29 situps

1st : 15 reps
2nd : 18 reps
3rd : 10 reps
4th : 10 reps
5th : 14+ reps

I could only squeeze 14 in the final set. Other sets were easy to do though.

TiggaPlease

I'm at week 1, day 2

My initial test was 29 push ups, and the site suggested i started on week three, but i went conservative and decided to start on the last column in week 1 instead.

Day 1 (Monday)

Day 2 (Today)

10,12,8,8,12 - Only managed 12 in the final "test yourself" set.

I think I've pulled a muscle in my upper right arm.

Oh well, I'll give it a couple of days to repair then go again.

Echo-The-Tiger

Juniors
I'm a little confused about the sit-ups

2db2c9e.jpg

Is the top picture the extent of the sit-up? So once you hit that point you lower yourself to the starting position again?

Parra

Referee
I was shown how to do sit ups like that years ago. hands flat on thighs, feet flat on ground and gently raise up & push your hands toward your knees. Hold for maximum effect.

JoeD

First Grade
If you read the instructions they say they even though they are called situps they are more like crunches

Firey_Dragon

Coach
When I was playing league I used to be able to push out 180 in 5 minutes, its amazing how quickly the amount you can push out increases in a few weeks. Push ups are only hard when you first start doing them, after 2 or 3 weeks there is a huge improvement.

Unassisted situps with good form are where most people crumble. Anyone who says they can push out 100 easily are either super fit, or cheating. A good test for your core is to lay in position ready to do a situp (knees bent at 45 degrees, feet flat on the floor, with nothing holding them down), except have your arms by your side with your hands flat on the floor. As you do your situp slide your hands along the floor with your body. If you can push out any more than 5-10 without your feet moving, you have a pretty strong core compared to most people, most people struggle to do even one properly.

Last edited:

Parra

Referee
First few days of the push ups are tough. As you point out firey - once you get started you can progress. That is the point of the program.

The max on the end of each day is a killer. I am getting 20 at the end - which seems good for the group I'm in.

Day 2 done.

sooperdooper

First Grade
im not doing the challenge...
but throughout different programs i do myself...
i will throw in pushups.. i calculated i would perform around 400 a night.
obviously this is not continuous though

JoeD

First Grade
Did day 4 today. It was hard, i had to take quite a long break to get my last set out.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Ok, just had my first 'proper' go at this and jumped straight to week 3 day 4

'sore' just about sums it up but i got through all of the sets...last 10 of set 5 was difficult

maybe i should've begun at week 3 day 1 :crazy:

JoeD

First Grade
Still sore, can never quite make it through the last set in one go. I guess thats good though.

Thomas

First Grade
Started week 2. Not having any issues apart from that last killer set. Looked ahead to week 3 and can see a wall looming!

Parra

Referee
I've dropped the ball with this. Time to get back into it.

This program works, you see day to day progress and it doesn't take much time.

If I can't do this, what hope do I have?