What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Eels stars Mick Cronin, Bob O'Reilly and Peter Wynn consider rebel ticket

Gronk

Staff member
Who's taking pot shots?
He's just too old and brings nothing new and exciting
IMO

He could be in charge of liquor I guess :lol:

That would be a pot shot ...

Too old ? I suggest that you would not be saying that if it was Arthur Beetson or the late Jack Gibson. Age has got nothing to do with it. Hence why the FOGs are now recognised as being an important part of both teams from State of Origin.

born an eel

Bench
I find it interesting some people have already made up their minds based on an article that suggest they may run.

I will keep an open mind and if people feel they want to run will give them the opportunity to express their take on the progression of the club. From here it's a matter of working out what is spin, bullsh*t or impractical and what is achievable.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
I think we need guys with a bit of business acumen coupled with passion for the club. 2 out of those 3 would be successful. The other one can go back to the pub.

fish eel

Immortal
If your post was my post Fish, I reckon Suity would be in here quoting with his red text, saying "where are your facts" :lol:

As it is, you've expressed an opinion and made judgements on motivations and media coverage - it's different to my opinion based on what we know as it stands, but all power to you for expressing it :thumn.

Umm, thanks Bart....I think. For some reason, I feel a bit patronised :lol:

Bigfella

Coach
I don't have a massive problem with any of them.

All good people who are genuinely passionate for the Eels.

Their "business" skills IMO fall well short of the corporate governance experience that would be ideal to being a boardmember so I wouldn't give that much weight.

And I also have concerns about Dennis' influence over a couple of them.

On balance though, I don't see any of them as better or worse than Pricey etc in their own right.

I guess my only general concern is that the first "rebels" were largely successful because they stood for change.

What do this crew stand for? Do they need to stand for anything?

I hope they aren't running for the sake of opposing 3P, so that we end up with a you versus me campaign which means nothing (something like the last Federal election).

But as someone said in another thread - the more alternatives the better. The more depth of options we have, the better.

Pricey and the Crow always made a pretty combination.

do they know they all they are doing is dragging the club thru the papers again and making us look like a rabble?
As ex-greats from our clubs glory days they all deserve respect but really they should be supportive and not disruptive. I'm glad they are concerned but really the way it is reported makes the club look split/dis-jointed.

PJ Marshal

Coach
id like to see an LU Backed team to run for the board , theres plenty of awesome people here to run the place , you guys can do a mail out with all the required info to get votes eg

Candidate Name: Suitman
Postcount: 6 million

etc etc

Glenn

First Grade
At least price shows his passion
I haven't heard boo from the bear in 25 years of failure.

Seem you are confusing passion with pot shots at the former board whenever the Daily Terror needed a quote.

El Diablo

Post Whore
do they know they all they are doing is dragging the club thru the papers again and making us look like a rabble?
As ex-greats from our clubs glory days they all deserve respect but really they should be supportive and not disruptive. I'm glad they are concerned but really the way it is reported makes the club look split/dis-jointed.

why should they be supportive?

many people seem to think the new guys have done a piss poor job

are they not allowed to think that way too :?

Gronk

Staff member
tbh Id like to see Ben Kusto, Paul Carige and Stu Galbraith run a rebel ticket imo

Not sure that Paul is quite right to face the world just yet.

6520_3614321.jpg

why should they be supportive?

many people seem to think the new guys have done a piss poor job

are they not allowed to think that way too :?
It's the same as us fans we should support who ever is there.
How can we judge them on the past 2 years? the have had to do a restructure and cost cutting measures that we won't see the full effect for a while and if it's the on field they are unhappy with then they have done something about by removing the coach and signing a new one.
I can see where they have done a piss poor job. The leaks for all we know could ahve come from a board member not a member or 3P.

hasman

Juniors
It's the same as us fans we should support who ever is there.
How can we judge them on the past 2 years? the have had to do a restructure and cost cutting measures that we won't see the full effect for a while and if it's the on field they are unhappy with then they have done something about by removing the coach and signing a new one.
I can see where they have done a piss poor job. The leaks for all we know could ahve come from a board member not a member or 3P.

Agree 100%. But People are forgeting where were these 3 when this club needed them the most ? Everybody Forgets these people Supported what fitzy ever did to this great club. They are all fitzy mates.

Gronk

Staff member
Agree 100%. But People are forgeting where were these 3 when this club needed them the most ? Everybody Forgets these people Supported what fitzy ever did to this great club. They are all fitzy mates.

Sevens ? Is there any reason why Cronin, Wynn or O'Reilly would not be welcome to be part of the Football Club board ?

carson

Juniors
Is anyone else sick of hearing about the parramatta board every 5 minutes?

Has anyone wondered why board members don't get paid diddly? Its because they really don't do much.

They select a ceo and the ceo runs everything for them, usually with their own executive committee. The boards job usually is to attend a regular, usually monthly meeting, where the ceo lets them know what happened last month. Then they all pat each other on the back and go have a few beers in the club.

The only reason why the last election was so significant was that after 20 years of the same ceo the board was no longer monitoring him, Fitzy was wearing so many hats he seemed to have lost sight of what he was meant to be achieving.

The sooner that the board elections go back to receiving a letter in the post that it is time to vote again, the better.

cv8z

Juniors
That would be a pot shot ...

Too old ? I suggest that you would not be saying that if it was Arthur Beetson or the late Jack Gibson. Age has got nothing to do with it. Hence why the FOGs are now recognised as being an important part of both teams from State of Origin.

That would be the truth too...

The guys youy mention have been active in whatever they do or did

What has the Bear been doing the last 25 years and why put his hand up now? what expertise can he possibly bring?

Latest posts