What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Former Panthers in the NRL

mxlegend99

Referee
We know Moylan only plays 4 games a year. 2 vs us and 2 vs Newcastle. He went missing and was found out during the Melbourne game. Even versing us he had a fair bit of luck. His kick wasn't deep enough and they scored off a bat backwards to no defence present. Of course there was Maloneys too
He was only god like in 4 games. He was well and truly above average in more games tgen that.

16 try assists, 16 linebreak assists and 12 forced drop outs aint f**king bad for any player. At a new team with different attacking structures that didnt revolve around him doing what he wanted. Sharks like to use their edge players to finish sets and he slotted in well enough to take Sharks to top 4 and week 3 of finals. Yeah he can improve and had poor games. But so did literally every single player in our team and in all honesty most others

franklin2323

Immortal
He was only god like in 4 games. He was well and truly above average in more games tgen that.

16 try assists, 16 linebreak assists and 12 forced drop outs aint f**king bad for any player. At a new team with different attacking structures that didnt revolve around him doing what he wanted. Sharks like to use their edge players to finish sets and he slotted in well rnough to take Sharks to top 4 and week 3 of finals. Yeah he can improve and had poor games. But so did literally every single player in our team and in all honesty most others

What did he get against us? 4 try assists across 2 game? Got 6 v Knights. Their is 10 of the 6 there in 3 games. Kinda of proves the point he was making

franklin2323

Immortal
Because they lost Holmes and have a lot of cash to spend. They signed Moylan to replace Maloney. Does tgat mean Maloney is also not a half?

That's absurd reasoning to say hes not a half. They lost a star player and are trying to replace him with one. They will worry about numbers on jerseys later.

Moylan proved he himself as a half. Attack. Defence. Kicking game. He was as good or better then many halves in his first nearly full season at 6.

Not a like for like case. They wanted Maloney gone. Made a pitch for Pearce after they got Moylan

mxlegend99

Referee
What did he get against us? 4 try assists across 2 game? Got 6 v Knights. Their is 10 of the 6 there in 3 games. Kinda of proves the point he was making
And Jimmy only had 10 try assists in total. He had 13 games with no try assists. So i suppose he's not a half now either.

mxlegend99

Referee
Not a like for like case. They wanted Maloney gone. Made a pitch for Pearce after they got Moylan
And?

Moylan had s very good seaaon at 6 in 2018. If you can't admit that you're simply being unreasonable.

Hardly a failure. If they move him to fit in Shaun Johnson that's not because Moylan failed. Its because Holmes bailed. Hell even if they move him initially they may ultimately drop The Chad and run with Johnson and Moylan. Moylan to 1 is the quick and easy fix. Not necessarily the best.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
He also let in more than that
Many of them were Moylan pulling his pants down. Yet even after a statistically better season, finishing higher on the ladder, defeating us to get a week further people are trying to suggest he was a failure.

He wasn't a Darren Lockyer in his first season. But no f**king way was he even close to a failure. By the standards used to rate him most players would be considered failures including both our halves.

betcats

Referee
SJ is inconsistent.

We know Moylan only plays 4 games a year. 2 vs us and 2 vs Newcastle. He went missing and was found out during the Melbourne game. Even versing us he had a fair bit of luck. His kick wasn't deep enough and they scored off a bat backwards to no defence present. Of course there was Maloneys too

Rubbish. He had a better year than Maloney and he carved Penrith up completely both times he played us. They only won the second game because of him.

You wanna talk about going missing look at Jimmys performance post origin, he had one good game at the most and some of the worst performances you will ever see from a current origin 6(Brisbane game stands out). He shit the bed in the finals too, saved his worst or second worst performance of the year for a do or die game.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
It looks like Johnson is only available for 1 year... my guess is he has signed with Roosyers and Sharks will just give him Holmes 2019 contract.

Everyone wins... except Warriors.

It looks like Johnson is only available for 1 year... my guess is he has signed with Roosyers and Sharks will just give him Holmes 2019 contract.

Everyone wins... except Warriors.
Getting SJ the choke merchant away from the club will be good in the long term

With SJ gone from the Warriors it might open the door for Keighran next year to debut with Green shifting to 7.
Or they could bring in Moses or Norman who are both being shopped around.

Wookies&Cream

Juniors
Rubbish. He had a better year than Maloney and he carved Penrith up completely both times he played us. They only won the second game because of him.

You wanna talk about going missing look at Jimmys performance post origin, he had one good game at the most and some of the worst performances you will ever see from a current origin 6(Brisbane game stands out). He shit the bed in the finals too, saved his worst or second worst performance of the year for a do or die game.

A) nobody was comparing him to Maloney.
B) you just argued for my point

mxlegend99

Referee
Getting SJ the choke merchant away from the club will be good in the long term
It will be interesting to see who was holding who back.

I can see Johnson being better at another club. But I cant see Warriors being better without him unless they have a big signing. Even then I doubt they're improved. Just likely not any worse.

franklin2323

Immortal

Who is comparing to Maloney. I don't rate Moylan as a half fullstop. Maloney is only here to help Cleary get good Luai is the future.

There is many stats Maloney was better in comparison but my point still remains why go after a half if they have theirs

mxlegend99

Referee
Who is comparing to Maloney. I don't rate Moylan as a half fullstop. Maloney is only here to help Cleary get good Luai is the future.

There is many stats Maloney was better in comparison but my point still remains why go after a half if they have theirs
People are comparing him to Maloney because he was as good or better in 2018... and they were a direct swap which encourages comparison also.

Obviously anyone trying to say Moylan is a half won't compare him to inferior players. You're getting desperate trying to use Sharks signing Johnson as him failing at 6 though. They just happen to be cashed up looking for a big name to replace Holmes. There are no fullbacks available so the obvious choice is to shift Moylan if they can sign a star half.

I dont see how Moylan could be considered a failure at 6 by any stretch of the imagination.

betcats

Referee

I am comparing them. What are the many stats that say Maloney had a better year? IMO there is no competition. Maloney started the year better for sure but then played his worst half a season of footy since 2012, maybe his worst run of form ever since becoming a regular FG starter. I mean it wasn't just his footy, but mentally he was rattled in a number of games. His decision making, execution and leadership were all sub par after origin, downright woeful at times.

He had that good game against Melbourne near the end of the year, he didn't play well in any other games post origin from my memory, he missed a few though.

It will be interesting to see who was holding who back.

I can see Johnson being better at another club. But I cant see Warriors being better without him unless they have a big signing. Even then I doubt they're improved. Just likely not any worse.
Think it was 2014 where the Warriors had to beat us in the last round to make the 8 is when I knew SJ had nothing to offer when it matters. The way he did nothing this year in the finals against us further proved it

franklin2323

Immortal
People are comparing him to Maloney because he was as good or better in 2018... and they were a direct swap which encourages comparison also.

Obviously anyone trying to say Moylan is a half won't compare him to inferior players. You're getting desperate trying to use Sharks signing Johnson as him failing at 6 though. They just happen to be cashed up looking for a big name to replace Holmes. There are no fullbacks available so the obvious choice is to shift Moylan if they can sign a star half.

I dont see how Moylan could be considered a failure at 6 by any stretch of the imagination.

The stats he did well in were ones he has always gone well in.

I am comparing them. What are the many stats that say Maloney had a better year? IMO there is no competition. Maloney started the year better for sure but then played his worst half a season of footy since 2012, maybe his worst run of form ever since becoming a regular FG starter. I mean it wasn't just his footy, but mentally he was rattled in a number of games. His decision making, execution and leadership were all sub par after origin, downright woeful at times.

He had that good game against Melbourne near the end of the year, he didn't play well in any other games post origin from my memory, he missed a few though.

Maloney had more kicks per game. More kick metres, More 40/20's more Forced line drop outs

The actual stats that halves need

betcats

Referee
The stats he did well in were ones he has always gone well in.

Maloney had more kicks per game. More kick metres, More 40/20's more Forced line drop outs

The actual stats that halves need

Halves are only there for kicking now? No one is trying to argue Moylan has a better kicking game.