What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Four year deal for Boyd at knights

The Knights "supporters" on facebook are pissed off about Boyd signing, whaa he's not a local junior, whaa :roll:

Yeah you get some interesting creatures there.

Great signing, just another solid forward and we are sweet another good back would be gravy.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
cracking signing..

you guys have a pretty nice side next year.. if you don't win a title before bennet leaves, i'll eat my hat*

*buying one of those nacho hats, just incase..

all bennett needs to do is what he did at stmerge buy another 7 more top first grade players on top of snowden and boyd and watch bennett weave his super coach skills again:lol:

one-eyed rabbitoh.

You should change your name to one-eyed milkman, you tard.

Are you still butt sore because Bennett snubbed your weak excuse of a "club".

Haffa

Great signing. Excited to see us finally add class to our backline from outside the club.

First line in that Herald article makes it seem like we've signed Thurston. He's a great signing certainly one of the best but better then BK?

perverse

Referee
he could be better than BK. unbelievable how many good players we've now got signed up to long term contracts. i'm over the moon.

he could be better than BK. unbelievable how many good players we've now got signed up to long term contracts. i'm over the moon.

We have a core for long term success and I doubt we have had this since early 2000s. 2012 title is not beyond us but unlikely. Wayne will be stoked he has this side at his disposal. If T clicks we r going to have the best backline in the game. I say that cos we r balanced perfectly then in both attack and defence. Both sides of the Football is what bennett does best.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
Boyd already has the proven track record of playing in a grand final winning team, representing his state and country and receiving the Clive Churchill medal.

BK went on to become one of our club's greatest servants but when he joined us he hadn't yet achieved any of those things. He went on to become one of the most damaging back rowers in the game but most of the accolades came after he joined us. I still recall the multiple page spread in the Herald announcing his signing, but there were still question marks at the time over whether the million dollar deal was good value for money.

As such I believe Boyd is a far more significant signing than BK because of his proven track record of success. And an outside back often has greater career longetivity than a forward, so I have no doubt in my mind that Boyd will move on to even greater heights, and he's achieved so much already at just age 23. And he is in the enviable position of potentially winning 3 premierships with 3 different clubs.

I've got visions in my head of Boyd linking up with Uate on attacking plays and it's enough to make me cream my pants.

jonno_knights

Juniors
A backline featuring Boyd - 23 (Current Aus/QLD Winger), Aku - 23 (Current NSW and soon to be AUS winger), Sau -24 (former NZ centre), McManus - 25 (Former NSW Winger), and Tahu - 30 (Former AUS/NSW Centre/Winger) just makes my mouth water.

Bar Tahu, the other four will hit their peak during Bennetts tenure. Tahu will hopefully bring the toughness and experience needed. He is a premiership winner, along with Boyd, Costigan and Buderus (hopefully he signs), who will give the experience needed to go deep into September.

A backline featuring Boyd - 23 (Current Aus/QLD Winger), Aku - 23 (Current NSW and soon to be AUS winger), Sau -24 (former NZ centre), McManus - 25 (Former NSW Winger), and Tahu - 30 (Former AUS/NSW Centre/Winger) just makes my mouth water.

Bar Tahu, the other four will hit their peak during Bennetts tenure. Tahu will hopefully bring the toughness and experience needed. He is a premiership winner, along with Boyd, Costigan and Buderus (hopefully he signs), who will give the experience needed to go deep into September.

A backline to Rival Odavis, Albert, Gidley, Hughes, Tahu thats for sure. If this new backline is remotely as devastating as what we had at our disposal in the late 90s early 00s then I will be stoaked. Mullen is definately good enough to get these guys quality ball.

Exciting times ahead, a packed 30k stadium every week, Tahu slam dunking the cross bar...... AHHHHHHHH I can see it now.

Johns Magic

Referee

Sau and McManus have been lacklustre in attack here for a while, and Tahu's good form was years ago.

I have confidence they can be improved under Bennett, but the names on paper as it is isn't "mouth-watering" to me.

Let's hope Bennett can work the magic on them.

Perth Knights

Juniors
For what it's worth, I can see Boyd playing 5/8 next year with Gidley at fullback. Whilst not ideal, Hilder may be first choice hooker (although wish we would re-sign DeGois), with Buderus (if he signs) playing from the bench.

In any event, the signing of Boyd is a real lift for the mighty Knights and its supporters. Lets hope we can keep the "quality" signings rolling on!!

cleary89

Coach
I've barely seen anything of Bosden but he has big wraps on him.

Any chance of a brief rundown on him cleary/other Dragons fans?

I played all my junior footy against him. Was a hooker up until the 16s or so when they moved him to lock. Played Mattys cup and SG ball at sharks, and came off the bench one or twice in the old premier league (06 or 07).

He got the sharks Toyota cup player of the year in the first year, but Ricky Stuart told him he could only make it as a prop so if he didn't bulk up he wouldn't make it. Quit footy to become a firefighter, but got talked into playing park footy with some mates.

One of saints talent scouts saw him playing for Helensburgh, and saints would only sign him if he had a shoulder reco. Killed it in the Charity shield, but the next week against dogs did shit all. Hasn't really done much this year in the 2 games hes played.

I'm mates with his mates and if I see him out I say hi, but on the weekend one of my mates said "Hahaha unlucky, boso signed with Newcastle" Me - "Wtf, where did you hear that?" Him - "(names ommited) said it (his best mate)" M - "Has boso actually said it to you?" h - "Nah he only told me hes talking to them".