What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Sports / AAP: Bitter Taylor slams Hagan

MrT

Juniors
Eelementary said:
I see nothing wrong with what Fitxy did. JT behaved like a spoilt little brat and Fitzy defended his employee and gave the tool what was coming to him. No biggie.

Fitzi covered his own a$$ by explaining to everyone that this was one of the reasons we didn't re-sign JT, because we all know he had bi pressure on him after JT turned our season around last year.

Very cunning Fitzi, very Cunning

mickdo

Coach
strider said:
yeah they were told they could warmup on the field apparently

and i can understand they might not be keen to do that esp at an opposition ground
Like I said earlier in the thread, we had to warm up on the field against the Roosters at the SFS (I think that was during a period with a lot of rain then as well). What is the big deal here? Sure JT may not have liked it, but that's just too damn bad IMO.

Eelementary

Post Whore
MrT said:
Fitzi covered his own a$$ by explaining to everyone that this was one of the reasons we didn't re-sign JT, because we all know he had bi pressure on him after JT turned our season around last year.

Very cunning Fitzi, very Cunning

That he did. But coming out and stating the truth about JT isn't exactly unprofessional - not when JT is walking around thinking he's king of the world.

stiffmeister

Bench
You want another immature comment?

Ha ha lets all laugh at JT. He cant coach. They're coming 12th. Shane Richardson thank you for taking JT. JT clearly can't coach with all the new players thrown at him like Asotasi they are still 12th. That's a worrying sign for Souths I think

I wonder how Mcrae would have gone with the new players and structure now at Souths

StEely Matt

Juniors
Gronk said:

Warm-up sparks verbal war

Greg Prichard | July 16, 2007

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/warmup-sparks-verbal-war/2007/07/15/1184438150639.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

RIVAL coaches Michael Hagan and Jason Taylor were involved in a heated, in-your-face confrontation laced with expletives that questioned each other's coaching ability after Parramatta knocked off South Sydney at Parramatta Stadium yesterday.
The verbal brawling later extended to include chief executives Denis Fitzgerald and Shane Richardson, with Fitzgerald declaring that Taylor's outburst was an example of the "immaturity and petulance" that swayed the Eels not to offer him the job there for this year.
Taylor took over as coach of the Eels midway through last season, replacing Brian Smith, who had resigned. But the then Newcastle coach, Hagan, already had the Eels job for this year. Smith had the coach's position at Newcastle tied up and Taylor got the job at Souths.
As he entered the post-match media conference, Taylor was still yelling at Hagan, who was 15 metres away. Taylor was asked at the conference to shed light on what had happened, but declined. There was no shortage of witnesses and they painted an explosive picture of what had gone on.
Souths had been denied permission to do their pre-match warm-up on the training field immediately behind the southern end of the stadium and as Hagan left the area of the media conference and Taylor came past, the feathers flew.
"He asked me how our warm-up was and I said, 'Good thanks. How was yours?' " Hagan said. "It escalated from there."
Witnesses told the Herald that Hagan had said to Taylor, "We won without Joey," in reference to a line from Taylor last year about Hagan's record of rarely winning without Andrew Johns at Newcastle.
Taylor said soon after, "How f---ed are you? You're living off what Brian Smith built here while he's up in Newcastle trying to rebuild what you f---ed up". Hagan was also heard to tell Taylor, "Why don't you work on catching the ball instead of wrestling all f---ing game?". Taylor also said, "Thanks for the f---ing warm-up."
Parramatta five-eighth Brett Finch couldn't resist adding a line as he left the Eels dressing-room, saying: "He [Taylor] didn't have oranges at half-time, he had sour grapes."
Taylor did a great job in lifting Parramatta to the finals after Smith's mid-season departure last year and had been keen on getting the Parramatta job. Fitzgerald claimed yesterday that it was Taylor's attitude that cost him.
"I thought it was a display of immaturity and petulance by 'JT'," Fitzgerald said. "I think it was a big build-up for him, coming back here to Parramatta today, and the immaturity he showed is one reason he didn't get the job here."
Taylor was later asked again, as he was leaving the ground, whether he wished to say more, but again declined. "I don't want to say anything," he said.
Richardson took up the baton then, firing back at the Eels for allegedly going back on an agreement to let Souths warm up on the field behind the stadium and answering Fitzgerald's criticism of Taylor.
"We made arrangements to warm up on the top field and when we got up there to warm up they said no," Richardson said. "We had done the right thing. It was a slap in the face from Parramatta. It isn't about what happened last year [with Taylor not getting the Eels job]. It's a matter of courtesy. They said we could warm up on the main field, but we never wanted to do that. The guys had to jump the fence and warm up on the cricket pitch to the west of the stadium.
"As far as what Denis said about JT is concerned, I thank my lucky stars every day when I wake up that Denis got rid of him because of his supposed petulance, because what he's actually got is a tremendous will to win and he's the best thing that has happened to Souths for a long time."
NRL chief operating officer Graham Annesley said he would ask for a report on the incident today.
"From what I have been told there was some sort of verbal exchange but I am not aware of the full details or what was said, so it is something we will seek to find out," he said.
On the field, the game was a reasonable one. Parramatta led 14-0 at half-time and 18-6 midway through the second half, but Souths got back to 18-12 with five minutes to go and then went close to scoring in the final minute. Eels centre Krisnan Inu held up Souths interchange forward Manase Manuokafoa over the line. But the game had nothing on the post-match blow-up.

fish eel

Immortal
mickdo said:
Like I said earlier in the thread, we had to warm up on the field against the Roosters at the SFS (I think that was during a period with a lot of rain then as well). What is the big deal here? Sure JT may not have liked it, but that's just too damn bad IMO.

soccer teams do it all the time.

It just sounds like a massive dummy spit, not getting his way at the wram up, then not getting the two points.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they replayed it on Fox for all to hear

something like

JT: "he's taking ages to fix what you f**ked up up there" , referring to Brian Smith fixing up Hagen's mess at Newcastle

fish eel

Immortal
from Gronks article:

Parramatta five-eighth Brett Finch couldn't resist adding a line as he left the Eels dressing-room, saying: "He [Taylor] didn't have oranges at half-time, he had sour grapes."

Jodeci

Bench
Hagan was on the BSB this morning and he said that he didn't hear JT make those comments about Smithy and Newcastle

Johns Magic

Referee
Taylor furious as Eels hold off Souths

Sunday, July 15, 2007 - 7:01 PM
Jason Taylor's frustrations boiled over on his return to Parramatta Stadium when he and Eels coach Michael Hagan traded insults following South Sydney's 18-12 NRL loss.
Souths mentor Taylor and Hagan traded verbal barbs as they crossed paths within earshot of the post-match press conference, an argument that became personal after Taylor had complained about the warm-up facilities at the club where he was caretaker coach last year.
The Rabbitohs were denied use of the Old Kings Oval after it was closed by the Parramatta Park Trust, but Eels officials said the visitors "jumped the fence" anyway after being asked to warm up on the playing field.
Taylor was heard abusing Hagan in the gym next to the Eels' media room, saying: "How f***ed are you? (Newcastle coach) Brian Smith's rebuilding what you f***ed up (in Newcastle).
"What's here (at Parramatta) was already in place for you."
Hagan replied: "At least we won without Joey (Andrew Johns) today."
The Eels coach's comment was in response to Taylor previously questioning Hagan's ability to coach wins at the Knights without star player Johns.

"There was a bit of dialogue (with Taylor) about why they were declined permission to warm up where we would always warm up on a home game," Hagan said.
"We informed them that they can warm up somewhere else and I don't think Jason took too kindly to that advice.
"He asked me how our warm-up was and I said 'very good thank you, how was yours?'
"And it sort of escalated from there.
"Obviously (Jason's) not happy and I think that's understandable but that's footy too.
"It was just a conversation, I'm not bothered about what was said.
"I think how he's chosen to deal with it's probably different to what you'd expect, that's up to him."
Asked if he thought Taylor's outburst was a result of sour grapes at missing out on the Eels job after he took over as caretaker last year, Hagan said: "I'm not sure."
Taylor refused to comment on the incident at the press conference and when approached by journalists afterwards.
But Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald fired a broadside at Taylor, saying the incident showed why he'd been overlooked as Brian Smith's permanent successor.
"I think it just was a display of immaturity and petulance by JT," Fitzgerald said.
"I think there was a big build-up for him coming back here to Parramatta and the immaturity that he showed was one reason why he didn't get the job here."
The action was more subdued on the field where the Eels were clearly the better side but couldn't land a second-half killer blow.
Returning stars Timana Tahu and Nathan Cayless showed their value, scoring in their first games back from injury but, amazingly, the Rabbitohs were still in it in the final minutes despite an inept display in attack.
Captain Cayless, back from a broken hand, and centre Tahu, returning from a long-term hamstring problem, scored first-half tries to help the Eels skip out to a 14-0 lead.
Winger Joel Reddy got their only second-half four-pointer while Krisnan Inu kicked three goals.
Shane Rigon and Nathan Merritt got the Rabbitohs' four-pointers with Merritt booting two goals.
The Eels were denied in the 67th minute when video referee Steven Clark ruled Eric Grothe had fumbled a put-down and again four minutes later when Rabbitohs winger Paul Mellor pulled off a try-saving tackle on a runaway Fuifui Moimoi.
Souths made a last-ditch attempt to save the match when Merritt went over to make it a converted try the difference with four minutes to play.
But, after Manase Manuokafoa was held up in the final minute, justice was done when Grothe defused a bomb to secure victory for the home side.

nrl.com

Utey

Coach
Getting rid of JT was the best thing this club has done for a very long time barring the Brett Finch signing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Taylor 'petulant and immature'

By Brent Read
July 16, 2007

PARRAMATTA chief executive Shane Richardson has labelled South Sydney coach Jason Taylor "petulent and immature" after an ugly slanging match with Eels boss Michael Hagan.

Less than a hour after Parramatta disposed of Souths 18-12 before more than 15,000 fans, Hagan and Taylor crossed paths on their way to the post-match media conference.

That's when the fireworks began, the pair questioning each other's coaching abilities. Taylor started the day in a dark place when his side was forced to jump the fence of an adjoining oval to warm up and, as he made his way to the media room, he fronted Hagan.

"He asked me how our warm-up was," Hagan said. "I said, 'Very good, how was yours?'."

Things deteriorated from there.

Hagan is understood to have added: "Why don't you work on catching the ball instead of wrestling all f-king game."

Then, recalling comments Taylor made at a presentation night last October, in which he queried how the former Newcastle coach would go at Parramatta without Andrew Johns, Hagan chimed in with: "We won today without Joey."

Witnesses reported Taylor said: "Thanks for the f-king warm-up. What's here was already in place for you. Brian Smith is re-building what you f-ked up in Newcastle."

Taylor refused to be drawn on the altercation afterwards. However, Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald, who appointed Hagan to the Eels job last year while Taylor was still at the club, described Taylor's comments as petulant and immature.

"There was a big build-up for him coming back here to Parramatta and the immaturity that he showed was the reason he didn't get the job here," Fitzgerald said.

Even Eels five-eighth Brett Finch couldn't resist a snipe at Taylor.

"(He) didn't have oranges at half-time, he had sour grapes," Finch said.

While Taylor wouldn't comment on the matter, South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson was bristling at Fitzgerald's remarks.

"I thank my lucky stars every day that (Taylor) didn't get the job at Parramatta," Richardson said. "Every day I wake up and watch what he's doing as a coach. He's a winner. He deserves far better from the club than the way he was treated.

"Two bantamweights going head-to-head is good for the game. I hope we make the finals and come across them again, it will make for a lot of interest."

Richardson said Taylor had arranged with Eels officials to warm up up on the nearby training field but arrived at the ground to be told he could prepare on the main field or a nearby park.

"At the last minute they pulled the pin, which in my opinion is pretty ordinary stuff," Richardson said. "They've done the wrong thing. That's the bottom line."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22079661-23214,00.html

Glenn

First Grade
Twizzle said:
Taylor 'petulant and immature'

By Brent Read
July 16, 2007

PARRAMATTA chief executive Shane Richardson has labelled South Sydney coach Jason Taylor "petulent and immature" after an ugly slanging match with Eels boss Michael Hagan.

Less than a hour after Parramatta disposed of Souths 18-12 before more than 15,000 fans, Hagan and Taylor crossed paths on their way to the post-match media conference.

That's when the fireworks began, the pair questioning each other's coaching abilities. Taylor started the day in a dark place when his side was forced to jump the fence of an adjoining oval to warm up and, as he made his way to the media room, he fronted Hagan.

"He asked me how our warm-up was," Hagan said. "I said, 'Very good, how was yours?'."

Things deteriorated from there.

Hagan is understood to have added: "Why don't you work on catching the ball instead of wrestling all f-king game."

Then, recalling comments Taylor made at a presentation night last October, in which he queried how the former Newcastle coach would go at Parramatta without Andrew Johns, Hagan chimed in with: "We won today without Joey."

Witnesses reported Taylor said: "Thanks for the f-king warm-up. What's here was already in place for you. Brian Smith is re-building what you f-ked up in Newcastle."

Taylor refused to be drawn on the altercation afterwards. However, Parramatta chief executive Denis Fitzgerald, who appointed Hagan to the Eels job last year while Taylor was still at the club, described Taylor's comments as petulant and immature.

"There was a big build-up for him coming back here to Parramatta and the immaturity that he showed was the reason he didn't get the job here," Fitzgerald said.

Even Eels five-eighth Brett Finch couldn't resist a snipe at Taylor.

"(He) didn't have oranges at half-time, he had sour grapes," Finch said.

While Taylor wouldn't comment on the matter, South Sydney chief executive Shane Richardson was bristling at Fitzgerald's remarks.

"I thank my lucky stars every day that (Taylor) didn't get the job at Parramatta," Richardson said. "Every day I wake up and watch what he's doing as a coach. He's a winner. He deserves far better from the club than the way he was treated.

"Two bantamweights going head-to-head is good for the game. I hope we make the finals and come across them again, it will make for a lot of interest."

Richardson said Taylor had arranged with Eels officials to warm up up on the nearby training field but arrived at the ground to be told he could prepare on the main field or a nearby park.

"At the last minute they pulled the pin, which in my opinion is pretty ordinary stuff," Richardson said. "They've done the wrong thing. That's the bottom line."

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22079661-23214,00.html

Anyone told Fitzy he is out of a job :shock: :sarcasm: