What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddy calls to sack Widdop.

TruSaint

Referee
Widdop has been an average first grade half and a no hoper captain.
That’s my opinion and more on this forum think so as well
I never expected him to be near Cronk, but being behind Pearce, Maloney, Reynolds, and others says it all.

Name one year where he was instrumental in us doing well......crickets.....zzzzzz
How he ever got to be our clubs captain from the purple cheaters is one of the great wonders of the world

In my opinion, he can F##k off

Grand final winner at 6 with Melbourne.
5/8th of the year in 2017.
28 caps for England.

Last few seasons has been touted by many "experts" as our most influential player.
Yeah lets piss him off.

lynx000

Juniors
T

Question : Where the hell did the Broncos find all those great young forwards so suddenly out of the blue ?

We have been nursing them along for some time, years in some instances. TPJ was a pick up courtesy of Canberra and Ricky Stuart. There is probably a better one you have not seen yet named Patrick Carrigan, tipped to be a future captain of the club.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
The earlier his gone the better 5 into 4 just doesnt work.
widdop doesnt look like he wants to tackle, possibly seeing out the year best way he can.
Dufty fullback, Lomax centre and goal kicker, Aitken winger or pearson

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
I never expected him to be near Cronk, but being behind Pearce, Maloney, Reynolds, and others says it all.

Name one year where he was instrumental in us doing well......crickets.....zzzzzz
How he ever got to be our clubs captain from the purple cheaters is one of the great wonders of the world

Were you fast asleep?

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
A recruitment program that tries to put 4 players into 3 positions. A fullback whose contract is extended but gets put on in the last 8-10 minutes. A five-eighth and captain who is delegated to fullback to cover for said mentioned benchie.

Then we try to blame our best player.

Quite frankly, we don't deserve Widdop.

I feel your last sentence gets to the heart of why Widdop is leaving at year’s end.

He’s sick of the joint. It’s poorly administrated both on and off the field.

getsmarty

Immortal

The people who know the game..players etc view Widdop highly...I'll take that over all us never have been NRL footy players opinions.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
The earlier his gone the better 5 into 4 just doesnt work.
widdop doesnt look like he wants to tackle, possibly seeing out the year best way he can.
Dufty fullback, Lomax centre and goal kicker, Aitken winger or pearson

Aitken no good with positional play of a winger and cannot take a high ball, so unsuitable as a winger.

BBTB

Juniors
I've been saying this for 2 years, his daddy got him a shot in 1st grade and he'll hand him the coaching reins when he can. Soon I'd guess. I also said Mary is not in full control of coaching at the Dragons, you're blind if you think he is. The Young's run the show and there's no-one at the Dragons to stand up to them or get rid of them.
If D.Young takes the coaching reins ( without going to coach elsewhere for a few years and earning it ) I'll go watch some other sport or follow 2nd grade. I never thought he deserved his shot in 1st grade and he doesn't deserve to coach the greatest footy club in the world off his father's back. I've had a gut-full of both of them.
Well said, that is so true.
Doust went after 20ys.
Now it's time to show Albert & Dean Young packing with Widdop.

possm

Coach
Well said, that is so true.
Doust went after 20ys.
Now it's time to show Albert & Dean Young packing with Widdop.

Craig Young is a member of the Board, so there is no way he is going anywhere - money for jam. Factional deals seem to have been done regarding the future employment of Dean Young so there is no way that he is going anywhere either.

It seems that our new CEO has joined the old boys club and because of this there will be no substantial changes to management policy or senior management at the club.

BBTB

Juniors
Craig Young is a member of the Board, so there is no way he is going anywhere - money for jam. Factional deals seem to have been done regarding the future employment of Dean Young so there is no way that he is going anywhere either.

It seems that our new CEO has joined the old boys club and because of this there will be no substantial changes to management policy or senior management at the club.
Well that sucks!

epDragon62

First Grade
I've been saying this for 2 years, his daddy got him a shot in 1st grade and he'll hand him the coaching reins when he can. Soon I'd guess. I also said Mary is not in full control of coaching at the Dragons, you're blind if you think he is. The Young's run the show and there's no-one at the Dragons to stand up to them or get rid of them.
If D.Young takes the coaching reins ( without going to coach elsewhere for a few years and earning it ) I'll go watch some other sport or follow 2nd grade. I never thought he deserved his shot in 1st grade and he doesn't deserve to coach the greatest footy club in the world off his father's back. I've had a gut-full of both of them.
Are you saying Deano should not have played first grade? What?

possm

Coach
Are you saying Deano should not have played first grade? What?
I think Dean Young earnt his spot in first grade and in doing so one the respect of Bennett and many fans for the dedicated effort he put in.

However, I do not believe he and Hornby earned their spot as assistant coaches. Mary should be sacked and his coaching staff let go to earn their stripes at other clubs in the NRL or ESL.

Datramp

Juniors
People complaining Widdop won't tackle at fullback and calling Dufty to be fullback in the same sentance shows they have a short memory
Dufty had diabolical defence in 2018