What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freddy calls to sack Widdop.

getsmarty

Immortal
It's interesting because from where I sit, Widdop is very popular with most folks on this forum.
Hardly a whipping boy.
I have to say that your highest paid players and especially the spine, are always going to attract the most scrutiny and comment from the fans.
Norman will be no different.
If he doesn't perform, the fans will cane him.
If he wins games for us, he will be the next pin up boy.
Human nature if you ask me.

Correct Dennis...but it will take Corey time to fit into our system...McGregor will not improve him as a player.

TruSaint

Referee
How can Mary improve him as a player , when Mary after 7 years has not improved as a coach ..... I see it this way with a decent coach and the squad we have we should be top 4 everyday of the week ....

Sadly, we could sign a future immortal, and we would be a fringe 8 side. Mary's selection and coaching has been shown up for some time. It will take a string of losses for him to go... If he goes.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Whilst people are talking about the situation with Widdop it also goes to the question of recruitment.
We get Norman who the Eels happily release and decide to blood a junior and then that junior and the half (people said they were shopping) combine and they go 2 from 2 playing attractive football whilst we go 0-2 and play the same shit we dished up 2016/7
We buy Ravalawa and Pearson plus extend Pereira and the Eels buy Ferguson.
How smart are last years cellar dwellers compared to us?

BLM01

First Grade
Very simple Blacksafake.....if it's a wrap it's Mary and if it is harsh criticism then it's Millward. This coach can paint over more than Gym walls to cover cracks!
Exactly..straight away in his press confernce he had to point out we only have 29 in our squad and it is Ian's job to find replacement 30th man and also find out what is happening re replacing JDB with the NRL which is leaving us at 28.
Funny thing is Manly know how how much they have to spend now cause of Dylan Walker stood down. It is $87,000 or $97,000 extra.
Why are St George appearing to take so long to find out or approach the NRL where we stand? According to Mary no one had done anything yet. Do they not keep him in the loop.
You can see Mary is just frustrated with his team and the journo's lead him up the garden path to excuseland.

Coffs dragon

Bench
Exactly..straight away in his press confernce he had to point out we only have 29 in our squad and it is Ian's job to find replacement 30th man and also find out what is happening re replacing JDB with the NRL which is leaving us at 28.
Funny thing is Manly know how how much they have to spend now cause of Dylan Walker stood down. It is $87,000 or $97,000 extra.
Why are St George appearing to take so long to find out or approach the NRL where we stand? According to Mary no one had done anything yet. Do they not keep him in the loop.
You can see Mary is just frustrated with his team and the journo's lead him up the garden path to excuseland.
BLM it's a unique situation within our club that Mary can pass the baton of criticism onto Millward when it's convenient. Reminds me of:-
IMG_0999.JPG

maestro1

Bench
Probably a rooster/ politis plan all along for a Cronk replacement.
# widdop asks for a release to go to England
# leaves early after commentators (freddy) call for an early release...
# roosters snap up widdop in the off- season for season 2020.

Gareth67

First Grade

Its makes sense maestro 1 - in fact the more I think of it you could be right on the money and the rorters have plenty of that . :euro:

Dragons 09

Juniors
Its makes sense maestro 1 - in fact the more I think of it you could be right on the money and the rorters have plenty of that . :euro:

Don't think so. I read somewhere that a condition of his early release was that he can't play for any other NRL team if he returns to Australia before his contract with the Dragons would have finished.

Roosters would never trade in Keary for Widdop.
Best 5/8 in the comp right now.