What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From sugar to S*&t

Engine

Juniors
Which club has the worst habit of turning new recruits into garbage?

No club has done it more frequently than Souths.

I cannot think of one souths recruit in recent history who has played their best footy for South Sydney.

Their closest would be Luke Stuart, but he was pretty solid at Cronulla too.

Stagger eel

Staff member
there's been some absolute pearlers come from souths...

Adam Muir
Joe Gulavao
Colin Best

Engine

Juniors
Roy Asotasi, Adam McDouggall, Bryan Fletcher, Dean Widders, Tim Brasher....

Loudstrat

Coach
Sandow and Luke have :)

BTW, thanks for bringing back the old standard. Souths bashing threads!

Engine

Juniors
Sandow and Luke started first grade at souths. Name one recruit other than Luke Stuart who has played better at souths than their former club?

Charlie124

First Grade
Id like to be proven wrong, but i fear Dave Taylor is going to be the latest addition to that long list of potential stars going to Souths and turning into sh*t. He seems like the kind of guy who needs to be at a club like the Dragons or Bulldogs to keep him on the right track, clubs with strong discipline and a team culture.

Engine

Juniors
Charlie124, at first I hated you and your comments. But, you are starting to become the voice of reason in this forum.

Once again, I agree with you. Souths is not the right environment for Dave Taylor.

Johns Magic

Referee

I cannot think of one souths recruit in recent history who has played their best footy for South Sydney.

It's that old saying, lay with dogs, you'll get fleas.

Fein

First Grade
Things need to be put into perspective here.

Souths were a basket case from 1990 to 2006 inclusive.

The much needed sacking of the previous management has changed things immensely.

While I smell the fear on the OP's Rooster breath, one would ask how Mason, O'Meley and Myles have fared in recent times?

Moffo

Referee
rooters have a pretty good record as well

o'meley
mason
anasta
myles
roberts

for starters

big country

Juniors

The real question is : which LU poster has the habit of posting the most garbage on this website? Answer : ENGINE :lol:

Paul Hewson

Juniors

I seem to remember Nathan Merritt leaving Souths a first grader to go to the Sharks a reserve grader and come back to Souths to be the top tryscorer the following season. ;)

Last edited:

Paul Hewson

Juniors
I think you can look through all clubs and see where recruits have gone wrong. Just have to look at the Roosters over the last few years.

Last edited: