What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From what I saw Green is overrated but Inu and Hayne were quite good.

the_eel

Juniors
Kornstar said:
I can also tell you that Timmy had a poor back half of last season too (by Timmy's standards anyway) as they were making him play 5/8th, Thorman and Witt (obviously not at the same time) were playing halfback and Timmy was forced to 5/8th, something that didn't really suit him.

If they really work with Green in the off-season then i think we will see him in P/L next year being groomed to maybe take over Morris in 2007.

I feel for Marcus, he has really gotten better as the year went on but i feel he may never play first grade with us unless they decide to go with him at 5/8th next year in P/L, in that case we will probably lose Green, i wouldn't like to be the one making the decisions that's for sure.......

I thought Marcus looked pretty impressive yesterday. He would be ample cover if...i don't even like to say it.....Timmy got injured.

eelz47

Coach
Prodigal Eel said:
p.s. im not 100% sure but i think the #9 for dragons flegg is a parra supporter and season ticket holder....he is a deadset lookalike to the bloke that sits in front of us!

which one?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with the original post

Green looked very good when he had the bal, but you need your best playmeker to stand up in the GF and he went missing

JArrod Hayne, how good is this kid, he is all class

looks like a miniature version of Tahu, some I'm gona call him MiniTIT

he needs to grow up and bulk up, but he's only 17 so that will happen

Inu was also very good,

how good was Delaney's kicking, some JT influence there maybe?

No one's mentioned Henry P, I thought he had a geat game and will be an assett to our club

Nobody has commented about the beaut cut out that Blake did that set up a try. The kid has vision and knows how to read the play. His form has been down in the last month but he is coming back from a hamstring tear after being out for a while. One game doesn't make a player. He is not one to step through 20 players just like the stgeorge no.6 but he reads the game well and can control it. He is still getting used to No. 6 and it would have helped if he had Tim Smith at 7 but he had Chris Law who has been dissapointing.

Kornstar

Coach
Yeah i must say that i would prefer to see Tavinor in the 7 jersey than Law, i wasn't impressed with him at all really.

Henry P was great, i thought Marcus was outstanding too and i agree he could step up but we all know if Timmy was ever not there it would be Marsh who would move into the 7 jumper........which is unfortunate!

Blake will only be 20 next year won't he? hopefully he gets his chance in P/L, i think he would do well with Marcus......

Eelementary

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
Nobody has commented about the beaut cut out that Blake did that set up a try. The kid has vision and knows how to read the play. His form has been down in the last month but he is coming back from a hamstring tear after being out for a while. One game doesn't make a player. He is not one to step through 20 players just like the stgeorge no.6 but he reads the game well and can control it. He is still getting used to No. 6 and it would have helped if he had Tim Smith at 7 but he had Chris Law who has been dissapointing.

Jakey, Kornstar, UTE - I trust you guys. You're usually right anyway.

You guys have a good eye for talent.

Green looked like he had talent. It just seems like he had an off day.

Avenger

Immortal
We talk about Blake yet we all forget about Mateo. I think he is better then both Marcus and Blake.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Avenger said:
We talk about Blake yet we all forget about Mateo. I think he is better then both Marcus and Blake.

When I think of Mateo, I think of our long-term ball-playing lock.

Mateo is very Skillful and I mean VERY. And would be the perfect ballplaying lock if he gets his house in order.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Of all of you who are saying he won't make it in the halves, have you watched him in GB?

I'm guessing not. When Mark McLinden and Thomas Leuleuai went down with injury, he moved to five-eighth and absolutely tore teams apart. He was forced to get involved and one of his problems was going missing in the fowards, and when he got involved and started carving up, it helped his confidence.

He had Luke Dorn at 7 aswell, so he didn't have much to work with. Dorn tried to run things but failed, that's when Mateo stepped up and set up quite a few good tries.

He was so much like Sutton it wasn't funny, Bradford tied his upper body up in a tackle, and god only knows how he got an offload away to Zeb Luisi, but it turned into 4 points out of nothing. I think he'll be better with Sutton as long as he keeps a good attitude, his long passing is already better than Sutton's and so is his kicking.

Mateo should get a shot at making the 6 his own, I think he'd compliment Tim nicely.

Utey

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Of all of you who are saying he won't make it in the halves, have you watched him in GB?

I'm guessing not. When Mark McLinden and Thomas Leuleuai went down with injury, he moved to five-eighth and absolutely tore teams apart. He was forced to get involved and one of his problems was going missing in the fowards, and when he got involved and started carving up, it helped his confidence.

He had Luke Dorn at 7 aswell, so he didn't have much to work with. Dorn tried to run things but failed, that's when Mateo stepped up and set up quite a few good tries.

He was so much like Sutton it wasn't funny, Bradford tied his upper body up in a tackle, and god only knows how he got an offload away to Zeb Luisi, but it turned into 4 points out of nothing. I think he'll be better with Sutton as long as he keeps a good attitude, his long passing is already better than Sutton's and so is his kicking.

Mateo should get a shot at making the 6 his own, I think he'd compliment Tim nicely.

Nope, I didnt see any but from all reports he was just about average.

If anyone was lucky enough to Witness the 1st 10 rounds of last years Flegg team when Tim Smith and Mateo were running the show it was like Magic. Excellent combo. And it was by no fluke that they were leading the comp at that stage before Mateo and both the Smiths were promoted to PL. After that the Flegg team werent so good.

IMO what probably upset Mateo the most was been given the oppo in 1st grade last year and after a very good debut and not been given another chance.

Utey

Coach
Jake the snake said:
If anyone was lucky enough to Witness the 1st 10 rounds of last years Flegg team when Tim Smith and Mateo were running the show it was like Magic. Excellent combo. And it was by no fluke that they were leading the comp at that stage before Mateo and both the Smiths were promoted to PL. After that the Flegg team werent so good.

IMO what probably upset Mateo the most was been given the oppo in 1st grade last year and after a very good debut and not been given another chance.

They were damn good back then. The forward pack was just awesome.

Eelementary

Post Whore
When I say he'd be a good lock, it's because I am picturing a team like so:

6. Green/Perenara (a running 5/8 with good skills and vision)
7. Smith
9. Riddell and Marsh
13. Mateo

The ball-playing skills in that team are amazing.

Pazza

First Grade
Morris was one of the more creative players in the competition this season and Chad has a very physical aspect to his defence that i feel is becoming very important to this side. Dont see a benefit to dropping either of them.

Latest posts