What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Furious Warriors sponsor launches attack

Bazal

Post Whore
do try & keep up with the adults pal
episode 4 nbc GIF by Will & Grace

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Did the sponsor mention at all how the Warriors first and only try came off a massive forward pass? hmmm

Meth

Staff member
Did the sponsor mention at all how the Warriors first and only try came off a massive forward pass? hmmm

I don't think he, or anyone, is disputing that the Panthers were the better team and deserved to win on the night.

Vibing

Juniors
Oh right, so in 20 years when you next make a GF you might get a call that evens out against one from 25 years before. Yeah that is a great endorsement of the refereeing
2 calls going either way in 2 GF's , 2 years apart or 20

how much more even could that be Einstein ?

mozza91

Coach
Parra in 09 against the Storm who were way over the cap. I remember before the storms 1st try a forward was called held and he got back up and ran again, the ref let it go and they scored on the next play. Then there was that decade were parra started coming good in the late 90s and everytime we got in the semis, we'd get that Bill f**king Harrigan reffing us, we never made got past a prelim 3 years straight. Then when we did make the GF in 01, Billy boy was there and made sure the not so perfect Newcastle, seemed to have a perfect 1st half. I watched it and it was no where near perfect. Billy boy made sure it was tho.
2001 lol. Billy boy did everything within his power in the 2nd half to get you back into the game.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Whoever is the bookies fave gets the rub of the green. Its always this way.
Refs mind" oh team x is losing. They are supposed to be winning. The other team must be doing something wrong and i missed it. " Ref then looks for more reasons to ping the underdog.
And because teams develop reputations, it takes a while for it to turn around. So this years warriors side might be playing better footy but they’re still being reffed on last year’s expectations. Whereas the Panthers and Storm have been consistently good for a few years and that reputation will stay with them, and help keep them there.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Also suck shit Abdo, there is absolutely NOTHING he can do about Paris’s comments- he doesn’t work for the Warriors, and given he’s the CEO of their major sponsor the club can’t exactly demand he be disciplined either. Abdo will just hand to suck it up and maybe actually take the criticism on board.

mozza91

Coach
I don’t know if it’s a huge conspiracy but if you think some teams don’t get more favourable calls than others you are kidding.

When a heavy favourite is behind in a game it’s at its most obvious. The ref will look for anything or even invent shit to get the favourites back in the game.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The club CEO sacked the sponsor from their sponsorship agreement and they were marched out of the ground.

Try and keep up.
Yeah I don’t think The Warriors are gonna sack their major sponsor who’s been with the club for 20+ years over this somehow.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I would love to hear from the refs when they do and don't decide to give 6 agains. It seems very random and often weighted to one team. I reckon 60% of plays you could probably find some infringement, especially close to the line.

Danish

Referee
I love that a sponsor - who realistically is completely untouchable by the NRL - has said this. If nothing else it shows a person with big financial interests to throw around is also a passionate fan. Can’t imagine he’ll be cutting and running if the warriors have a bad season.

As to ref bias, I think biases are coaching into them. Not intentionally, but it’s built into the training system.

refs have video sessions on their games, both reviewing their last game and also in prep do their upcoming game. While I can see benefit in the former (especially perhaps an edited version with just a few points they want to highlight), but the prep work on upcoming games basically destroys their ability to objectively ref what is in front of them.

add into that the NRL constantly changing the rules and the “interpretation” of rules every 4-6 months and refs are basically pushing shit up hill trying to actually do their job