What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

I'm a bit confused about the Sharks stadium situation.

I've heared many times that the two years away from home was due to the construction impacts of the precinct, with no stadium improvements involved. Certainly the stadium hasn't been improved.

However the scaffolding on the far side is awfully close to the main stands. So what is that all about?

Are they actually doing stadium renovations to extend the big grandstand the length of the field? If so that is great.

Or are they building some other structure adjacent to the stadium? If this is the case, then that seems very short-sighted. They are giving themselves no room to grow. Are they planning on drawing tiny crowds forever?
the place is barely @ state cup level , its embarrassing

Perth Red

Post Whore

I've heared many times that the two years away from home was due to the construction impacts of the precinct, with no stadium improvements involved. Certainly the stadium hasn't been improved.

However the scaffolding on the far side is awfully close to the main stands. So what is that all about?

Are they actually doing stadium renovations to extend the big grandstand the length of the field? If so that is great.

Or are they building some other structure adjacent to the stadium? If this is the case, then that seems very short-sighted. They are giving themselves no room to grow. Are they planning on drawing tiny crowds forever?
Haha, instead of building a main stand they’re filling the space with buildings. Probably happy with 12k sell outs.

The Great Dane

First Grade
It'd be tight , but it could be done
put that 150m of parksway east & west under the stadium then ( a tunnel ) , & it would be on the civic pool site , over parksway & butt up against commonwealth park.

It could be done ...
Where is the money for a tunnel under the stadium going to come from?

We barely got the feds to agree to move the north lanes of Parkes Way roughly a hundred metres south, they're never going to agree to fund a tunnel under the stadium that will cost significantly more.

Even if we could get them to agree to fund a tunnel it's not clear that a tunnel and butting the stadium up against Commonwealth park would even fix the problem, because all the experts so far have said you'd have to eat into Commonwealth park to fit a stadium of reasonable size.

And why go to all that extra expense in both time and resources when you could build the new stadium in literally any of the other city centres, space permitting, and get all the same benefits from building it in Civic? You'd save yourself hundreds of millions of dollars without any major negatives.

In other words your solution isn't realistically feasible, may not actually be a solution at all, and there're cheaper more realistic alternatives.
enough of your " you don't understand "
I simply don't agree with you , that doesn't mean it can't be done ...
You don't disagree with me. You disagree with every city planner, architect, and engineer that has looked at the problem...

This isn't a difference in subjective preference, stop trying to paint it as if it is.

Iamback

Coach
Or generating a source of constant income for the club. Not to mention creating more of precinct for before and post game.

That is it. 2025 when they have the next ground update you would think North Shore or Southern Sydney is next

Then you upgrade the ground.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Or generating a source of constant income for the club. Not to mention creating more of precinct for before and post game.
Could have done that without taking up prime main stand space surely? It is an nrl club at end of day not a shopping mall owner. No stadium in the nrl should have 1/3 a main stand on one side!

Perth Red

Post Whore
Garbage

TV runs the game. 6pm Friday nights don't bring in fans outside of the die hards

You think the club wouldn't look into this stuff?
Rubbish, most clubs only have one game in that time slot a year. Clubs get $13mill from tv, they could earn three times that if they built a decent sized engaged fanbase! Problem is for some reason most clubs seem to be struggling to appeal to large numbers of people, and shty small stadiums don’t help.

Tiger Shark

Bench

Not much to be confused by. Simple google would show the details of the development.

Plenty of room to expand the stadium with the funds about to come through.

Latest posts